so my state DA just ruled that cities/counties don't have the authority to lock down so the places that are locked down, are no longer locked down till the Governor does it..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Brazil is launching a new campaign, telling people to go back to their lives. According to the government, social distancing is nonsense. What could go wrong eh? This will cause many innocent people their lives. Cunts like Bolsonaro should be brought in front of a judge.
    Last edited by noremorze; 2020-03-28 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They're using 3d printers to make face-masks and face-shields that are reusable...when everything blows over, I should think that some...things are going to change.
    For those wanting more information, including the .stl files and instructions:

https://www.billingsclinic.com/foundation/

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    so my state DA just ruled that cities/counties don't have the authority to lock down so the places that are locked down, are no longer locked down till the Governor does it..
    Which state?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'm very tired and gave this a very quick read, it is my understanding this isn't a full-blown ventilator, merely a short-term mechanical replacement for manual ventilation by intubation, which you may have seen in various media: you hold the patient's mouth open with a clamp, insert a tube into the trachea, and then attach a plastic balloon, with an orderly or doctor manually pumping air into the lungs. It could help many people, though. Great job!
    You got that right

Yea, obviously you don't get a full-blown hospital ventilator for $300, it is meant to help when ventilators are short. It's based on a prototype a few students developed last year and they put a lot of work into finishing it over the last few weeks because Covid-19.

I just made 2 faceshields from a plastic bottle. Can they work?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    You got that right

Yea, obviously you don't get a full-blown hospital ventilator for $300, it is meant to help when ventilators are short. It's based on a prototype a few students developed last year and they put a lot of work into finishing it over the last few weeks because Covid-19.
    Still a great thing! Good effort!

10+ Year Old Account
    now to wait for the price markups to begin in the u.s.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We had a billionaire that was running for president recently...spent over half a billion before dropping out. Pocket change for him.
    There's a billionaire who's currently President. He could make a bunch too. Might even insure his re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There's a billionaire who's currently President. He could make a bunch too. Might even insure his re-election.
    We're talking real billionaires here not "feel billionaire".

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We're talking real billionaires here not "feel billionaire".
    Wouldn't that be a Feelionaire?

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    How's the air quality in SK? i've heard that the hardest hit area in Italy is also the zone with the worst air quality in the country (and afaik in europe)

Smokers are a high risk population when contracting any pulmonary disease.
    that depends on when.

that's how bad it can get with the pollution.

so how many more of these do you think there will be?

teen died because he had no insurance and the place he went to refused to treat him, on his way to the hospital he suffered a cardiac arrest and later died. he tested positive for the virus

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9429946.html
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Those things are entirely worthless as ventilators. Any hospital that ever hooks a patient up to one of those things is opening themselves up for a lawsuit. Mechanical ventilators (of the intubation variety) REQUIRE pressure sensors, oxygen mixing, positive end-expiratory pressure, a means to change exact volume and rate of breath, and readable waveforms so you can adjust ventilation and not cause PERMANENT LUNG DAMAGE AND/OR DEATH OF A PATIENT. That thing is nothing more than a glorified automatic bagger, which is fine to do for a few minutes, but not hours, and definitely not days. Any doctor who would willingly hook a patient up to one of these would be fired, lose their medical licence, get sued for everything they own, and probably go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Which state?
    ok sorry it was the attorney general.

https://www.wistv.com/2020/03/27/sc-...-hvmz-ZA90Y7T4

10+ Year Old Account

Geeze. Texas's governor also seems to think a statewide shutdown isnt encessary but at least him and the AG are perfectly fine with counties / cities shutting down.

That seems incredibly irresponsible of your gov't.

Thanks. Glad the police are giving the finger to your AG, he's a true PoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty soon we are gonna surpass france in # of dead. currently at 1,711.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Geeze. Texas's governor also seems to think a statewide shutdown isnt encessary but at least him and the AG are perfectly fine with counties / cities shutting down.

That seems incredibly irresponsible of your gov't.
    yeah its fucking stupid but I know people happy about it.. saying the gov't is violating the bill of rights.. i just cant...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Thanks. Glad the police are giving the finger to your AG, he's a true PoS.
    yep! i wish the Gov would have just said oh ok .. entire state lock down.

That attorney general seemed reasonable to me.