Saw this floating around, posted by a medical guy on Twitter. Hopefully eases some concerns here in the states that our isolation is working and to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Wouldnt suprise me if none of those numbers are accurate.
    https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/#latest-stats
    Many prefer the John Hopkins map

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Its not about whether they are done or not. It has been announced already in finnish media. Due to this they are saying that lockdowns, ect. are clearly working and so on.
    I looked again today, starting from 26/3: 101, 84, 68, 45, 82 (and the 82 might increase as well - it's only 4 days ago).

Update, the 82 did increase to 87: 101, 85, 69, 46, 87, 59(?).
    That also means that a few samples take 7 days to process.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-04-03 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So it really is only people intentionally spreading misinformation or fools who cannot read and are now making a deal out of it.
    This is the rub:

"There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit. In fact, there's some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly," Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies program, said at a media briefing in Geneva, Switzerland, on Monday.
    Which now the WHO and the CDC is considering changing this original position.

This bit
    If you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill then you are wasting a mask. There is a world-wide shortage of masks, so WHO urges people to use masks wisely.
    of the above WHO source you were quoting is also a bit of a rub because is it wasting? We can't know because so people are asymptomatic.

Because of the shortage you can understand why but the main issue people had with the CDC and the WHO was their statement:

There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit

Which is clearly false as what... a fifth (according to the most recent study) of all cases don't even have symptoms. How many cases could have been prevented if those people without symptoms were wearing masks? We need updated studies, but the ones who are asymptomatic apparently can spread it faster than those that do. And the ones without symptoms can spread it just by talking since saliva droplets do travel when they talk. Saliva droplets that are usually larger than 5 microns and can be blocked by a wide arrange of surgical masks.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://covid-19.sledilnik.org/#/stats

This graf is interesting (for my country).

16 dead and 16 fine...its 50:50 chance to die right now.

897 infected out of 2 milion is not so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 million people have filed for unemployment benefits in the US the past two weeks.

That's like the all time record.

During the Great Depression you had 9 million unemployed (the population was 50% smaller though)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    10 million people have filed for unemployment benefits in the US the past two weeks.

During the Great Depression you had 9 million unemployed (the population was 50% smaller though)
    And the agency is used to handling about 50K cases per week, not a good time to lose your job there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why you keep beating the dead horse.

Consider these facts:

1. Masks are in short supply
    2. You don't need masks if you keep your distance
    3. Masks are extremely important for healthcare people who are handling corona patients, can't you spare a though towards them instead of thinking only about yourself? They really need those masks.

1+2+3=Masks aren't important for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

That's not what it means though.

It takes about a month to recover from the virus.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Saw this floating around, posted by a medical guy on Twitter. Hopefully eases some concerns here in the states that our isolation is working and to keep it up.

We aren't exactly testing... outside of the north east and far west.

So you missed the point. The officials have been denying it the whole time (just like you). And today in a press conference a doctor said that is indeed the strategy.
    I didn't deny anything. All I said was that the conclusion Raspberry jumped to at the time was not backed up by the source they used.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I don't get why you keep beating the dead horse.

Consider these facts:

1. Masks are in short supply
    2. You don't need masks if you keep your distance
    3. Masks are extremely important for healthcare people who are handling corona patients, can't you spare a though towards them instead of thinking only about yourself? They really need those masks.

1+2+3=Masks aren't important for you.
    1. Masks are in short supply.
    2. Distance + Masks > Distance alone
    3. They need n95 mask we have more than enough we have more than enough WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH

The issue with masks shortages is purely fabricated right now in the US. We haven't done the production act... we haven't stopped companies from selling literally hundreds of millions per day and shipping them out of the country. If we fix those issues we can properly address it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    1. Masks are in short supply.
    2. Distance + Masks > Distance alone
    3. They need n95 mask we have more than enough we have more than enough WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH

The issue with masks shortages is purely fabricated right now in the US. We haven't done the production act... we haven't stopped companies from selling literally hundreds of millions per day and shipping them out of the country. If we fix those issues we can properly address it.
    Distancing is more than enough. Repeat this sentence until comprehension dawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well according to Trump supporters he is part of the deep state manipulating the numbers, faking death numbers to make Trump tank economy and lose the election.
    Whats the probability atm for him to win the election? Considering that in a bad case scenario, we will be released from this nightmare in august-september?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    John Hopkins says US has 226k infected out of 330 million (roughly .7%) With 5300 dead. 8826 recovered.
    Worldometer says over 236k infected with 5700 dead and 10k recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

That graph is bad and incorrectly praises the US, as the different curves don't start at the same point - 100 cases give different number of cases per population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Whats the probability atm for him to win the election? Considering that in a bad case scenario, we will be released from this nightmare in august-september?
    LOL, you think the virus will magically stop at the point when the immune systems will start weakening in the entire northern hemisphere.

We're in for a wild ride buddy. And no, I might have voted for Trump if I were American solely because of his really bad competitors, but this was a disaster.

Shouldn't the stimulus bill prevent the layoff?
    I heard the small business can get a loan. They don't pay back if the money is spent within 8 weeks.

Why layoff people? It is free labor?
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-04-02 at 06:03 PM.

Distancing is more than enough. Repeat this sentence until comprehension dawns.
    The issue has recent studies ongoing that show that distancing may not be as effective as originally thought because particulates travel further than originally believed.

Comprehension?

So Distance + Masks is less effective? What I said is a fact, we have masks, we have the means to make them. We are purposefully deciding to fuck ourselves over.

Distancing is great but distnacing + mask is greater is my point

Distancing + mask + washing hands all is better than just distancing or do you fucking disagree with that? Provided there were enough mask would you still sit here with the contraian attitude? While the WHO and CDC and countires around the world are beginning to require masks to leave the house?

LOL, you think the virus will magically stop at the point when the immune systems will start weakening in the entire northern hemisphere.

We're in for a wild ride buddy. And no, I might have voted for Trump if I were American solely because of his really bad competitors, but this was a disaster.
    Considering that the best case scenario is to be released in may-june... And the worst case scenario is one where we dont have an effective treatment, nor a vaccine, and the reported numbers are as close to the real numbers as possible
    I really dont understand this doomer stance.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker