10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Oh, c'mon now, that's a really pedantic argument. I remember the news coming out in mid-February (2/12); I read the article I linked at the time. My comment about "months" was made yesterday, which was mid-April (4/15). That's over two months, by any measurement. Just because the situation was fixed in late February doesn't mean that the news of the problem itself wasn't over two months old.

And, really, all of that was plainly spelled out in my response. I wasn't trying to obfuscate anything, was I?

Yes, all of that is the same issue we're talking about; It all happened January-February. The CDC developed its own test in late January. It was approved by the FDA on 2/4 and shipped out soon after. Scientists figured out the problem a few days later. The story broke in mid-February. And the CDC finally caved and allowed other tests and national testing facilities in late February.

The point, again, is that there were only ~4000 tests and 68 positive results at that point, so those issues, while they represent a stupid, costly waste of time, don't reflect the 3.26 million tests and the 644k positive results that have been made since. It's not recent news, by any stretch of the imagination.

Nobody's trying to say the current administration and the CDC didn't fuck up royally back when this all began. It was absolutely being highlighted in the news here.

Here's a very good NY Times article on the mistakes and the correction, if you want to read more. It also describes how doctors here in Seattle, where the first outbreak in the US occurred, defied government orders and started doing their own tests back on 2/25, which is largely what prompted the CDC to admit defeat and allow private facilities to begin their own testing.
    Fair enough, i am also not going to pursue this further as it is going to devolve into a discussion without much added value for both of us.

Will read the NYtimes article, i believe the nature article also speaks of individuals defying the federal government orders but would have to go back and check.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't see anyone here that hates America. Merely concerned people critical about their approach to the situation.
    American Exceptionalism.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    American Exceptionalism.

G]https://i.imgur.com/UcuZ85V.jpg[/IMG]
    I don't know how Florida manages to consistently being one of the dumbest states around.

Is it the swamp water affecting residents??

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the "sports" you could declare essential you picked wrestling, fake wrestling on top of that.

American Exceptionalism.
    I am baffled as to why people care so much.

As long as they are obeying the rules about the facility can not have more then X number there. They are continuing social distancing, why the hell does it matter.

Or is it just the compulsory need to complain about the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Of all the "sports" you could declare essential you picked wrestling, fake wrestling on top of that.
    I think it is the nature of it. Since it is typically 1 vs 1 (although fake). I could see other sports that use that same dynamic being filmed as well. I thought they were trying to do something w/MMA but w/the fighters being from all different countries it became problematic.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2020-04-16 at 03:56 PM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I am baffled as to why people care so much.

As long as they are obeying the rules about the facility can not have more then X number there. They are continuing social distancing, why the hell does it matter.

Or is it just the compulsory need to complain about the U.S.?
    Please explain to me how you're supposed to maintain social distancing during wrestling.

Unless they suddenly develop telekinetic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Please explain to me how you're supposed to maintain social distancing during wrestling.

Unless they suddenly develop telekinetic powers.
    Gatherings of no more then 6 people?

Again why do you care so much?
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21Y0UE
    There are at least 141 cases in South Korea where the virus has reactivated or the person has become infected again. This doesn't sound good!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Because it's not Essential.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    There is MCL §750.234e that states that brandishing a firearm (which is what they're doing) is punishable by a fine of $100 or jail time for up to 90 days.
    No, that's not brandishing. If you're going to bother posting legal codes, at least get it right.

MCL §750.222:
    750.222 Definitions.
    (c) "Brandish" means to point, wave about, or display in a threatening manner with the intent to induce fear in another person.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with allowing one sport to take place creates a precedent to let all sports to take place under certain guidelines, you have to be aware that beyond those participating in the sport itself there is also a team at work behind the scenes and often a whole entourage, so limiting the gathering of people is hard to manage.

Florida in itself has also shown to be rather deviant when it comes to following social distancing orders.

And yes calling it essential is ridiculous it is not needed for anything it is a form of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Portugal, the President is preparing the 3rd state of emergeny presidencial decree. Acording to the news, the new decree forsees the withdraw of some of the already implemented restrictions.

https://www.publico.pt/2020/04/16/po...MHx2kkc7CNzhKc
    And with the third state of emergency, the slow return to normality begins

Presidential decree provides for the resumption of some economic activities and the lifting of some restrictions on movement, gradually and selectively. Limitations may be imposed by age and geographical area.

It is the beginning of the end of the state of emergency: the third presidential decree, already approved by the Government and that this Thursday will be voted in the Parliament, foresees a beginning of return to normality that will be slow, gradual and progressive, in which the restrictions go be determined by the Government in a different way. The spirit of openness is clear in the preamble to the decree, in which Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa wants to guarantee the commemoration of Labor Day, only with “public health limits”.

As the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister had stated the day before, it is expected that there will be a beginning to ease restrictions on the mobility of people, older or younger depending on their age or place of residence, who, “without discriminatory nature, appropriate to the epidemiological situation and justified by the need to reduce the risk of contagion and implement measures to prevent and combat the epidemic ”.

Thus, the possibility of compulsory confinement continues to be foreseen, as well as the establishment of sanitary fences, but mobility restrictions are beginning to be lifted which are not justified by professional activity, the need for medical care or assistance to third parties. To what extent and for what reasons will be a Government decision.
    Media player poster frame

In this third phase of the state of emergency, economic activities are also beginning to feel an opening, albeit with different criteria. The decree provides that there may be “operating hours adapted, by sectors of activity, by size of the company in terms of employment, the area of ​​the establishment or its geographical location”, for the “gradual, phased or alternate opening of services, companies or commercial establishments ”.

For this to be possible, it is necessary, adds the presidential decree, that “the epidemiological data continue to show a decrease in the spread of the virus, that the response capacity of the National Health Service continues to be assured and that the testing capacity be robust and convenient monitoring ”. Thus, Marcelo leaves a very specific recommendation to the Government: “The execution of this renewal of the state of emergency must be adequate to the current moment and to the new phase of mitigation underway, without ignoring the social and economic effects that the general withdrawal necessarily implies.”

10+ Year Old Account

Because wrestling isn't essential.

Also because you clearly don't understand the concept of social distancing. It doesn't mean you can only trade spit in groups of less than 6 people. That would defeat the purpose, you'd still be spreading the virus, just in smaller groups at a time.

Because wrestling isn't essential.
    Because it's not Essential.
    So is it affecting you? Is a friend or family member closely tied to the performers or production staff?

Is it enabling the virus to spread, no more than "essential services" like Walmart. Actually I would wager less likely because I guarantee everyone one of the performers and staff is tested prior to entering the facility. During filming there are probably less people per sq foot then your typical grocery store.

If they were still trying to have audiences this would be something to bitch about.

Also because you clearly don't understand the concept of social distancing. It doesn't mean you can only trade spit in groups of less than 6 people. That would defeat the purpose, you'd still be spreading the virus, just in smaller groups at a time.
    Yep sure don't ya are wicked smart <rolls eyes>

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/cor...-presstraffen/

"Sweden is starting to see some effects of herd immunity in parts of the country, says state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell.About 50 percent of the population must have developed antibodies before one can talk about a total herd immunity - something he believes comes before a vaccine.
    At the same time, Stockholm sees an "unbelievably high increase" in the number of deceased in covid-19, says Health Director Björn Eriksson."

Herd immunity totally ​hasn't been Sweden's strategy all along.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

So is it affecting you? Is a friend or family member closely tied to the performers or production staff?
    It can, it encourages Traveling and Crew Members to get together.

Is it enabling the virus to spread, no more than "essential services" like Walmart. Actually I would wager less likely because I guarantee everyone one of the performers and staff is tested prior to entering the facility. During filming there are probably less people per sq foot then your typical grocery store.
    Are you suggesting Walmart is not an essential Service?

American Exceptionalism.
    <WWE meme>
    The only thing particularly stupid about this is the need to dress it up as "essential" rather than just being blunt that they're not particularly concerned with holding an event for television audiences. The actual incurred risks from the event are pretty trivial, lots of people enjoy it, there really isn't any need to argue about whether it's "essential" or not.

It can, it encourages Traveling and Crew Members to get together.
    The vast majority of the crew and performers live, work, or have relocated in the area. With only a handful being in any semblance of close contact (the performers).

That is of course excluding Wrestlmania a couple weeks back.

Are you suggesting Walmart is not an essential Service?
    Didn't say that, clearly they are. However, do you think everyone there is for essential "items". Unlikely.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's UK coronathingy live press conference right now. A man (don't know his name) just told that last week there were 3000 corona (tested or suspected) deaths in the UK. And in addition to that, around 6000 additional deaths compared to normal death rate in previous years. So the actual death rate for corona might be as high as triple the amount that is being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The only thing particularly stupid about this is the need to dress it up as "essential" rather than just being blunt that they're not particularly concerned with holding an event for television audiences. The actual incurred risks from the event are pretty trivial, lots of people enjoy it, there really isn't any need to argue about whether it's "essential" or not.
    I think it was mostly semantics so they could continue operation