10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They have changed from reporting only hospital deaths to reporting deaths in hospitals, care homes and at home. Although these numbers are not full picture as they only contain deaths that are laboratory confirmed deaths and routine tests outside of hospitals only began this week.
    Yes, like I said, they're finally starting to catch up from the previous under-reporting. A full accounting for non-hospital deaths would bring the total up to right about 29k, including today's numbers (ONS has indicated that only 77% of their recorded COVID-19 deaths have occurred in the hospital). That still wouldn't begin to address the remaining 10k+ excess death recorded in the UK over the last few weeks, however.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think the idea was that the elderly are locked down in nursing homes...and they're dying in droves.
    Biggest outbreaks in my area.... are nursing homes....

Mind you these are people that never leave. Shows you why a lock down on "only the sick" wouldn't work.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Biggest outbreaks in my area.... are nursing homes....
    Mind you these are people that never leave. Shows you why a lock down on "only the sick" wouldn't work.
    It might have worked...
    As I personally see...the elderly were...and still are, wandering out and about, many of which aren't masked.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yes, like I said, they're finally starting to catch up from the previous under-reporting. A full accounting for non-hospital deaths would bring the total up to right about 29k, including today's numbers (ONS has indicated that only 77% of their recorded COVID-19 deaths have occurred in the hospital). That still wouldn't begin to address the remaining 10k+ excess death recorded in the UK over the last few weeks, however.
    There's always going to be lag between when someone dies of CV outside of a hospital and when it is reported due to the time it takes to test and then register the death. The ONS figures are the most accurate.

I am not sure where you're getting the excess deaths figure from unless you're using the ONS excess deaths figure which is the number of deaths this year compared to the five year average for same period - which is more than likely attributable to CV.

15+ Year Old Account
    The US surpassed 60k deaths.

That was some kind of a magical number some time ago. IIRC it was the total deaths of the epidemic, then later it was 60k deaths by August.

Well, 60k is today, before May.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

How are your politicians not capable of handling this? Like, do they want people to get infected?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    How are your politicians not capable of handling this? Like, do they want people to get infected?
    Stupid politicians + stupid people.

It's a bad mix.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

That was some kind of a magical number some time ago. IIRC it was the total deaths of the epidemic, then later it was 60k deaths by August.

April 8th the IHME model was adjusted down to 60k deaths over 4 months.

It took 20 days.

Woops.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It might have worked...
    As I personally see...the elderly were...and still are, wandering out and about, many of which aren't masked.
    How when a lockdown on everyone couldn't even prevent it reaching vulnerable people. Or did you forget people won't even know they are sick for 1-4 weeks.

Local nursing homes... These are assisted living places. They are not leaving the building let alone going for walks.

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/t...covid-19-cases
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2020-04-29 at 07:24 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    UK reported an extra 4000 deaths from nursing homes in England today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am not sure where you're getting the excess deaths figure from unless you're using the ONS excess deaths figure which is the number of deaths this year compared to the five year average for same period - which is more than likely attributable to CV.
    Yes, I thought I made that clear. I compared the excess death for weeks 11-16, adjusted for the trend found in weeks 1-10 (4% below the 5-year average), and that indicates an estimated excess death amount of over 29k during the COVID-19 timeframe through week 16.

15.5k - official UK COVID-19 death count at the end of week 16 (not including hospital deaths)
    ~19k - ONS deaths listed as COVID-19 during that same period (including non-hospital deaths)
    ~29k - excess death in weeks 11-16, per ONS data

Again, seeing that the official count represented only ~53% of what could be expected to be the full count of deaths due to COVID-19, that would suggest that with an official count of 21678 yesterday, the actual, full death count should be right around ~41k.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    If the trends keep as they are, UK will be #2 in deaths in a couple of days.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol at that IHME model.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Why did the US officials keep referencing this piece of shit in the first place?!

It's currently showing 72k deaths for US by August 4th.

There wouldn't be 72k deaths even if nobody would catch the virus from this day on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So enlighten us. How many people have died due to the lockdown?
    A top U.N. advisor is saying that 130 million people will die due to starvation because of the economy tanking. Why should we let the solution be worse than the disease?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsi2024 View Post
    A top U.N. advisor is saying that 130 million people will die due to starvation because of the economy tanking. Why should we let the solution be worse than the disease?
    That's not what's being said, sorry. Try harder.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    bullshit..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Lmao, the 60K models were always full of shit, as stated hundreds of pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Nice interview with the same german guy i posted above. Its in english, so, no need to translate.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pert-interview
    That 'guy' is Dr. Dorsten, the man who spearheaded the team that developed the first test for SARS-CoV-2. Just some trivia =)

Source. And it better hold up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    That 'guy' is Dr. Dorsten, the man who spearheaded the team that developed the first test for SARS-CoV-2. Just some trivia =)
    Dorsten is one of the few people everyone should really listen to.

10+ Year Old Account

Found it, because he's likely just not gonna.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/coro...-un-warns.html

an additional 130 million will be on the verge of starvation compared to last year. I imagine this is also a product of the severe locust swarms too. And honestly, Im not sure if reopening is gonna help because consumers arent gonna go travel and spend if they;re afraid of dying. It also seems to be the countries that are already in trouble anyways.

Also, the suggestion in the article was NOT to reopen, but to help increase funding to help reach these vulnerable people with food.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2020-04-29 at 07:45 PM.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/202...tarvation.html