Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Because math?
    What kind of math are you doing?

The more infected in your area, the higher the chance gets and there are more infected every single day
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    What kind of math are you doing?

The more infected in your area, the higher the chance gets and there are more infected every single day
    1 in 1000 is still low odds. Not that it will ever even come close to this.

Most Americans will likely have some form of it by the end of the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    It's pretty funny now though. His ONLY tactics involve fake news, blaming, spreading misinformation/fake facts etc. This is one situation where none of those apply. In a time like this, spreading fake facts is going to cost him a re-election. Contradicting his own public health care team isn't helping. Telling the country that we have the virus under control. T.T

Update about the Florida ship, I just saw that all tested negative.
    Sadly thats not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_press

Its one of the working instruments for populist regimes, it worked out for nazi-party and it still works just as great in todays world. As soon as the public acceptance is given for such nazi-instruments, there is no easy or fast way to get rid of it. You can't fight ignorance with criticism but only with education. But education is not really wanted in todays global consumer capitalism. History has a tendency to repeat itself, so it will only end as soon as the ignorant mass suffered enough and wants a change. And since people can endure unspeakable suffering... you get the point.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Monday (last week not today) we had 0 cases here in Portugal, today we already have 34 diagnosed cases and even the President is in quarantene, it seems he got exposed to one of the coronovirus chains just by taking a stupid selfie with some students.

Some european countries are lying so much about the number of infected and deaths that is almost comical. The reason is of course the economy and money..... Shit tons of money. Some people never change

Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    Some european countries are lying so much about the number of infected and deaths that is almost comical. The reason is of course the economy and money..... Shit tons of money. Some people never change
    What? No one is lying.

You don't think 8 million people will get CV? You are kidding, right? There are most likely already more people who got infected, but are not showing symptoms yet or are not tested, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    compared to the world's population....no not really. that would be 7,800,000 people infected. who can then spread it to another several million people and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-09 at 07:13 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    You don't think 8 million people will get CV? You are kidding, right? There are most likely already more people who got infected, but are not showing symptoms yet or are not tested, etc...
    The whole idea is ridiculous. 10-50 million people get the flu every year just in the US. And that's with flu shots combined with partial immunity due to prior exposure. More than that number are probably carriers, even if they never develop noticeable symptoms.

For a novel virus (novel meaning "new") with a long incubation period, a high rate of infection, and that nobody has a defense against? If it proceeds to the 1/1000 level (or even the 1/10000 level), it's almost certainly not stopping there.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

looks like the fatality rate in Lombardy is topping 6 percent.

over 60s are getting owned.

Yeah, I think most will get it, if not all. It's more a matter of severity...how badly a person may be affected by it that will be the issue. Some, could possibly shrug it off. Others will need hospitalization.

Missouri school is closed after the father of the State's first coronavirus patient broke self quarantine so he could attend a dance with his other daughter and her classmates

I guess when your president says its just the flu, go to work, stop panicking...fake news....

this is what you get
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    proof needed.

- - - Updated - - -

it DOES NOT matter if you want humanity to survive you contain the virus. if you want it to continue to spread go ahead and continue about your daily lives. i am 100% fucking serious about this. i refuse to believe you are in such denial about the severity of this. you apparently would rather have the death toll continue to rise than do one fucking thing about this so you don't have to disrupt your precious daily life. if need be marshall law WILL be instituted if a disease gets bad enough. apparently you never bothered to study the black death or other various diseases. but i guess it's okay if thousands more die so you don't have to go out of your way to get anything. its your problem if you didn't prepare for this. it was going to happen eventually.

this is of course a worst case scenario but your fucking deluding yourself if you don't think it would happen if it gets bad enough. and i don't speak with delusional people.
    Sorry to say but you've been watching too much tv

Are you being dense? 1 in 1000 is NOT low odds given how fast this thing spreads and how many people exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Sorry to say but you've been watching too much tv
    you are straight up deluding yourself if it wouldn't come down to a military quarantine. airlines are already starting to suspend flights to the most heavily affected areas but keep telling yourself it won't happen.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-09 at 08:06 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    looks like the fatality rate in Lombardy is topping 6 percent.
    Based on officially reported cases in Lombardy, but the likely explanation is they have a lot more cases than officially reported - and thus the actual fatality rate is lower (but the number of infected is way higher).

The reason is not just the unusually high fatality, but also that people travelling from Italy have been detected spreading it to China, India, French Maldives, Sweden, etc.

I would more trust the numbers in S. Korea - as I understand they used massive testing, and have now gotten it under control with fatality rate slightly below 1%; so if the fatality rate is the same in Italy then Italy has at least 50k cases; not 7k.

you are straight up deluding yourself if it wouldn't come down to a military quarantine. airlines are already starting to suspend flights to the most heavily affected areas but keep telling yourself it won't happen.
    Pretending like the entire world is going to go on lockdown because of this, when it doesn't go on lockdown because of the flu, is a little overboard. It won't happen. It's already been stated what the actual risk is, and the majority of people are at low risk. This is not a disease that kills everyone who it comes in contact with. If this were something significantly more virulent and deadly like Ebola , I would understand, but it's not.

Is it bad? Yes, for those at HIGH risk, which are the same demographic as those at high risk for the regular flu: young children, the elderly, those with pre-existing issues that make respiratory issues more problematic and those with compromised immune systems.

Military quarantine/ marshal law isn't warranted for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Pretending like the entire world is going to go on lockdown because of this, when it doesn't go on lockdown because of the flu, is a little overboard. It won't happen. It's already been stated what the actual risk is, and the majority of people are at low risk. This is not a disease that kills everyone who it comes in contact with. If this were something significantly more virulent and deadly like Ebola , I would understand, but it's not.

Is it bad? Yes, for those at HIGH risk, which are the same demographic as those at high risk for the regular flu: young children, the elderly, those with pre-existing issues that make respiratory issues more problematic and those with compromised immune systems.

Military quarantine/ marshal law isn't warranted for this.
    this isn't the flu. STOP USING IT AS A MODEL. also you aren't the one who gets to make that call. the government does. it doesn't need to be a deadly disease it just needs to be contagious. WHICH THE CORONAVIRUS IS.

its unlikely it would get that far but it can't be ruled out.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-09 at 08:22 PM.

this isn't the flu. STOP USING IT AS A MODEL. also you aren't the one who gets to make that call. the government does.
    I'm not using it as a model, I'm stating the facts. The same demographic that are high risk for the flu are at high risk for the corona virus.

I'm aware it's not my call, it's the governments....and the government hasn't declared marshal law and the medical experts on the governments payroll have stated that the majority of people are low risk. Why does that warrant marshal law?