10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    something something, Sweden, something.
    Well, at least they are not trolling their numbers, can't say the same for some other countries.

It seems that we will very soon have 10M confirmed cases, and 500k confirmed deaths (according to worldometers).

18.11 GMT Coronavirus Cases 10,000,051
    Deaths 498,952
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-06-27 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    snip
    Falun Gong propaganda.

Also the EU are going to ban America, Russia and Brazil and not China from flights for good reason.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-06-27 at 06:10 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You know what the mask never does(she tests multiple types, including N95 and P100)? It never drops her oxygen levels.
    They don't but they make breathing hard and annoying. Well, more annoying than it already is.

There is a reason why my Govt. does not force people like me to wear one and I am thankful they don't.
    Should the numbers explode again, I'll stay at home anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they don’t. Breathing is made hard by a lack of oxygen.
    As an Asthmatic, breathing is made hard by a constriction of the airway. You use medication to counteract that but they are not always 100% effective. In the summer months, I have trouble breathing with medication.

It will eventually result in a lowered blood O² but not straight away. You will feel the physical resistance when breathing, just as you feel the resistance when wearing a mask.

But go on, keep talking about stuff you clearly never experienced yourself.

No, they don’t. Breathing is made hard by a lack of oxygen. The video proves that’s bullshit.
    Does it do that for an effective non-medical face mask?

The reason WHO recommends several layers for non-medical masks is that one layer doesn't reduce the virus enough, and one reason they don't recommend more layers is that breathability decreases.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Can someone who doesn't wear a masks please explain the logic behind it?

The correlation between masks and reduced spread is apparent.

Pick one: Don't go outside or Wear mask.

Both are effective at preventing the virus.

Pick both...you get numbers higher than what they were in March.

I starting to wonder if some of these people wash their behind every day.
    For me, I sort of accept a certain amount of risk in my life. Now don't get me wrong, if I'm asked to wear one, or if a shop or restaurant displays a sign requiring a mask, I'll put one on. And if we were facing something like the bubonic plague, something with crazy high mortality, that sort of thing, for sure I'd wear one. And I wore one in the early days of this pandemic, but it's going on 3 months now and I feel the time has passed.

We all accept a certain amount of risk. When we move to a city center, we accept that the gasoline engine exhaust will increase our likelihood of getting lung cancer. Very small increased chance, but we accept that risk. And when people, for example, smoke marijuana, the carcinogens in the smoke will have adverse health effects, but they sort accept that as the cost of doing business, so to speak. Or when we get in our cars and drive, we accept the small chance we'll get hit and die. Or when we go for a walk, we accept the small chance of getting hit as well.

I think there's a time and place to be cautious, and I feel strongly that it was appropriate to wear them in the early days, perhaps a month or two into the pandemic, but at some point normalcy needs to return when facing an illness like Covid-19, where those who wish to be safe can wear masks, and those who feel that's it's just another risk of life that we could get sick, and that that sickness could end up killing us can choose to not wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    As an Asthmatic, breathing is made hard by a constriction of the airway. You use medication to counteract that but they are not always 100% effective. In the summer months, I have trouble breathing with medication.

It will eventually result in a lowered blood O² but not straight away. You will feel the physical resistance when breathing, just as you feel the resistance when wearing a mask.

But go on, keep talking about stuff you clearly never experienced yourself.
    Asthmatic sufferer here (if you don't believe I can show you my inhalers lol), I wear a mask all day long, at work, while shopping, etc etc.

I have an oxygen tracker and never once has it effected the level of o2 in my body.

Never once has it effected my Asthma, actually I see just the opposite since mostly its an N95 its keeping the pollen and paper dust out of my airways. I seem to hit my rescue inhaler even less now.

But psychologically I feel like my airway is being restricted, I think I was getting less air and felt like I was having trouble breathing. Its called Anxiety. it took a long time to get over it but I did.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I think there's a time and place to be cautious, and I feel strongly that it was appropriate to wear them in the early days, perhaps a month or two into the pandemic, but at some point normalcy needs to return when facing an illness like Covid-19, where those who wish to be safe can wear masks, and those who feel that's it's just another risk of life that we could get sick, and that that sickness could end up killing us can choose to not wear one.
    So you're completely and narcissistically ignorant of the fact that the mask-wearing is primarily only beneficial if the sick people are the ones wearing the mask. So not wearing a mask doesn't potentially endanger your life (whether or not you're willing to risk it), it endangers everyone else's life if you're sick and don't even know it (which many, many people are).

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Show me evidence it reduces your oxygen.
    A good mask (i.e. one that actually filters out more than a tiny fraction of particles) reduces breathability; meaning you have to use more force to breathe in and out.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...w-to-use-masks

That is scientific evidence. You have a tik-tok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    A good mask (i.e. one that actually filters out more than a tiny fraction of particles) reduces breathability; meaning you have to use more force to breathe in and out.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...w-to-use-masks

That is scientific evidence. You have a tik-tok.
    The point is that you have to use more force to get the same amount of air into your lungs.

So it's harder to breathe, but you don't have lower O2 counts.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

For me, I sort of accept a certain amount of risk in my life. Now don't get me wrong, if I'm asked to wear one, or if a shop or restaurant displays a sign requiring a mask, I'll put one on. And if we were facing something like the bubonic plague, something with crazy high mortality, that sort of thing, for sure I'd wear one. And I wore one in the early days of this pandemic, but it's going on 3 months now and I feel the time has passed.

We all accept a certain amount of risk. When we move to a city center, we accept that the gasoline engine exhaust will increase our likelihood of getting lung cancer. Very small increased chance, but we accept that risk. And when people, for example, smoke marijuana, the carcinogens in the smoke will have adverse health effects, but they sort accept that as the cost of doing business, so to speak. Or when we get in our cars and drive, we accept the small chance we'll get hit and die. Or when we go for a walk, we accept the small chance of getting hit as well.

It’s worse right now than it was when you were wearing your mask, genius.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I frankly admit breathing feels pretty good these days. Even with the heat and humidity. I attribute that to the cleaner air. I lament that with more cars on the road it won't last for long. (Jogging has been a joy though)

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The point is that you have to use more force to get the same amount of air into your lungs.

If that is fully correct it only means that O2 count is a bad indicator of the breathing problem with face masks; and that's why scientist use extra force/pressure as a measure of how much masks complicate breathing instead of looking at reduction in O2. And scientist view that reduction in breathability as a real issue - and balance it against viral reduction.

Or in other words listen to scientist, not tik-tok.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

And people who already struggle to breathe, don't get as many breaths (hypoventilation). It's why obesity hypoventilation exists. Being fat makes it harder to breathe, which (edit: ) can lead leads to hypoventilation. Same thing here.

Show me evidence it reduces your oxygen. I’ve given my evidence that multiple layers(the first mask she put on) doesn’t lower O2 levels. Wear a mask or stay home. Going inside businesses without one puts everyone at risk.
    You've given examples of people who are healthy, not people who already have problems breathing. It doesn't matter if it's slightly more difficult to breathe for a healthy person that can breathe through that restriction, they have slack. It's different for someone who can't easily breathe through that restriction. Difficulty breathing means slower breaths.

Still not an excuse to not wear a mask in public. If you're in a group where this is actually a problem, you probably shouldn't be in public at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    If that is fully correct it only means that O2 count is a bad indicator of the breathing problem with face masks; and that's why scientist use extra force/pressure as a measure of how much masks complicate breathing instead of looking at reduction in O2. And scientist view that reduction in breathability as a real issue - and balance it against viral reduction.

Or in other words listen to scientist, not tik-tok.
    It's 1/2 correct. It misses the consequences of having to use more force to get the same air in your lungs for a person who already is at the margins for O2.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2020-06-27 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

15+ Year Old Account
    If you can't breathe with a mask you shouldn't be out in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Go. Fuck. Yourself.

I was coming here to make a It’s Over 9000 joke for Florida but, no. Fuck you Dacien and any other selfish cunt that thinks like this.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-27 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

We all accept a certain amount of risk. When we move to a city center, we accept that the gasoline engine exhaust will increase our likelihood of getting lung cancer. Very small increased chance, but we accept that risk.
    A false equivalence.

And when people, for example, smoke marijuana, the carcinogens in the smoke will have adverse health effects, but they sort accept that as the cost of doing business, so to speak. Or when we get in our cars and drive, we accept the small chance we'll get hit and die. Or when we go for a walk, we accept the small chance of getting hit as well.
    A completely false equivalence.

think there's a time and place to be cautious, and I feel strongly that it was appropriate to wear them in the early days, perhaps a month or two into the pandemic, but at some point normalcy needs to return when facing an illness like Covid-19, where those who wish to be safe can wear masks, and those who feel that's it's just another risk of life that we could get sick, and that that sickness could end up killing us can choose to not wear one.
    And again, it won't until masks, social distancing and are other proper CDC Guidelines are enforced which your favorite Anti-Science President
    and other Idiotic Trumpers ignores.

where those who wish to be safe can wear masks, and those who feel that's it's just another risk of life that we could get sick, and that that sickness could end up killing us can choose to not wear one.
    Idiocy.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-06-27 at 09:32 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Didn’t even look at the video eh? The lady performing the test isn’t a healthy individual with no respiratory issues...
    Moderate to severe seasonal asthma that's under control. Do you really think that person doesn't have slack in their ability to breathe? I notice she's not out of breath standing up, which, hmm, might be closer to what I'm talking about.

Edit: have her do this when she's having an asthma attack. Have her put a mask on and check her o2 saturation levels when she's actually at the margins.

Edit x2: Again, people should still be wearing masks in public. The people a mask would actually matter for regarding o2 saturation aren't walking around carefree. They're in wheelchairs or lugging o2 around.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2020-06-27 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account

So, basically you got bored and decided that was license to pretend a crisis is over and endanger unwilling bystanders in the process? Sounds about white.

Considering America's response to Sandy Hook, I'm honestly not surprised. The culture of rancid individualism has created a segment of society where the value of a human life is measurable to the tune of about seven dollars and twenty five cents per hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.