10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I wonder what the stats for the US are right now in terms of unexpected deaths compared to reported covid numbers. With the amount of denying going on I'm having a hard time not expecting there to be a lot of fudging of numbers and thousands of sudden unexplained pneumonia deaths or something.
    You're talking about Florida, aren't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I don't see him going anywhere.
    And firing him, during the second wave or whatever we're calling this, is just suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Fauci has been the head of NIAID for 36 years (and 6 presidents)... I don't see him going anywhere.
    Well, no president mismanaged healthcare like this one, it could be one of those "I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took..." honor resignations in order to attract attention to the issues, like Specer did when the DoD became Trump's bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yay, Utah...

Our local Costco is requiring masks, and provides free masks at the entrance if you do not have one. I went in yesterday to restock and there was a lady at the front arguing, nay, screaming at the poor worker who was trying to get her to wear her free mask.

Yeah I don't think this problem is going away anytime soon.
    It is ok those dumb fuckers will die some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is ok those dumb fuckers will die some day.
    Maybe, but the fear is that their fucking dangerously stupid behavior will potentially kill others. If it was only putting themselves at risk then I imagine people would be much more accepting of the behavior from retards with a death wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Maybe, but the fear is that their fucking dangerously stupid behavior will potentially kill others. If it was only putting themselves at risk then I imagine people would be much more accepting of the behavior from retards with a death wish.
    Oh I agree but there isn't anything you can do to teach willfully ignorant people until it effects their lives, generations of people in the US were taught if someone else is in trouble "tough shit because I am the only one who matters". Many of them do not see the entire picture and how fragile our economy actually is and that if enough people have to not work everything crumbles and falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I know. But this is just media capitilizing on panic
    It is, but heavy rains for 30+ days in a row have led to several floods; destroyed roads, bridges, and fields; now that is a mix that can spell disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...navirus-deaths

Florida continues to set new records, with a new daily high of 120 deaths due to the virus.

Wear your fucking masks and social distance, y'all. Avoid the fuck outta bars, too.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...navirus-deaths

Florida continues to set new records, with a new daily high of 120 deaths due to the virus.

Wear your fucking masks and social distance, y'all. Avoid the fuck outta bars, too.
    That's because they test so much.......if they would stop testing then...oh wait.....

I guess the next message from the usual retards ( instead of "Stop testing" ) will be "Stop dieing to make Trump looks bad!!".

https://theweek.com/articles/924348/...us-meatgrinder

While Americans are getting sick in record numbers, much of the government is focused on...sending kids back to school and providing legal immunity for companies that continue to operate and potentially get their employees/customers sick or dead.

Broken record moment: The US is not capable of effectively combating the coronavirus, on a personal or national level.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got banned for a week for telling people that covid-19 is everywhere, even food.
    Then I got flamed and "proof" posted by people where WHO (the China-owned sheep who tried to cover it together with China until they couldn't) says that covid-19 can't be found on food. Yet those same people keep yelling "wash your hands!". Lol, I'd love to see proof why covid-19 can exist on hands but not other organic substances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I got banned for a week
    How's Sweden doing these days? The news I hear is not great,but I'd like to hear an insider's perspective.

Also, in case people didn't know how bad this was, Dallas is considering blocking high school (American) football this year. Football banned in Texas. For non-Americans out there, that's like saying "Manchester won't have football".

I got banned for a week for telling people that covid-19 is everywhere, even food.
    Then I got flamed and "proof" posted by people where WHO (the China-owned sheep who tried to cover it together with China until they couldn't) says that covid-19 can't be found on food. Yet those same people keep yelling "wash your hands!". Lol, I'd love to see proof why covid-19 can exist on hands but not other organic substances.
    CDC says there's no risk for food - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-COVID-19.html

So does UC Davis - https://health.ucdavis.edu/good-food...-covid-19.html

So does the Mayo Clinic - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...r/faq-20485479

However, there is ample evidence that the virus can be transmitted via mucus that can exist on surfaces and hands after people touch their faces - https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...d-soap-is-dope

I'm gonna stick with the consensus of medical experts on this rather than "some guy on the internet".

15+ Year Old Account
    CDC says there's no risk for food - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-COVID-19.html

So does UC Davis - https://health.ucdavis.edu/good-food...-covid-19.html

So does the Mayo Clinic - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...r/faq-20485479

However, there is ample evidence that the virus can be transmitted via mucus that can exist on surfaces and hands after people touch their faces - https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...d-soap-is-dope

I'm gonna stick with the consensus of medical experts on this rather than "some guy on the internet".
    Then why are you fanatically washing your hands?

Then why are you fanatically washing your hands?
    I take it you didn't read the Vox article.

I normally wash my hands because...well, washing your hands regularly is generally a good thing. I wash them whenever I come back from going out now, which isn't terribly different than what I did before.

Is it bad that I take basic, low-effort precautious to protect my health and the health of those around me or something? What is this "fanatically" bullshit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    How's Sweden doing these days? The news I hear is not great,but I'd like to hear an insider's perspective.

Also, in case people didn't know how bad this was, Dallas is considering blocking high school (American) football this year. Football banned in Texas. For non-Americans out there, that's like saying "Manchester won't have football".
    I have not seen much difference now vs 1 year ago. Except for everyone from work staying at home. I go out, see people everywhere.
    There are no ambulances rushing left and right, not more than the usual (I live close to the road near the largest hospital here).
    Most of those that died have been from the institutes they hold very very old and sick people. That's what Sweden failed at.
    I'm thankful Sweden didn't do a complete lockdown like some of the countries. I'd go batshit crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

I take it you didn't read the Vox article.

I normally wash my hands because...well, washing your hands regularly is generally a good thing. I wash them whenever I come back from going out now, which isn't terribly different than what I did before.

Is it bad that I take basic, low-effort precautious to protect my health and the health of those around me or something? What is this "fanatically" bullshit?
    I don't need to read it.
    You touch your face, your hands touch food in the store, you check it out, then return it to the shelf.
    I'm talking about food packages. But some people turn around bread and other unprotected stuff.
    I doubt you're washing everything you bring inside from the outside.

I don't need to read it.
    Alright, I guess you do know more than medical experts across the globe. I mean, those suckers went to school for years and have years/decades of professional experience, but what the fuck do they know anyways, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Probably not, at least in the USA. Hospitals are still suffering from PPE issues. With the federal government continuing to be useless at best and actively larcenous if you aren't that lucky.
    They don't need to start demanding they wear N95 masks. However, cloth masks with material meant to slow it down would go a long way. Heck, simply requiring that they wear masks that fit properly could help too. Wearing a loose bandana, or some cheapo paper mask that blocks nothing, isn't helping the problem. Its making it far worse since, while wearing complete garbage as far as prevention goes, they now think they are doing a good job and are just as safe as the guy wearing the mask that is actually meant to lower the odds of spreading it.

I think that we need regulations on masks to see them be as effective as possible. Right now, they are far too loose and ineffective here in the US. Cases are skyrocketing and people yell "wear a mask!". Well, when the masks they are wearing are crap, loose fitting, or just very thin, its not helping. At that point, they are putting on a show, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Heck, simply requiring that they wear masks that fit properly could help too. Wearing a loose bandana, or some cheapo paper mask that blocks nothing, isn't helping the problem.
    https://www.nbc12.com/2020/07/01/ban...sk-study-says/

This is not true -

They “delivered” a sneeze or cough from a mannequin head wearing varying face coverings and used lasers to detect respiratory droplets.

Their results showed that droplets from an uncovered cough were able to travel more than 8 feet.

Droplets from a bandana-covered cough traveled 3 feet. With a folded cotton handkerchief, droplets traveled 1 foot, 3 inches, and with the cone-style masks, they traveled about eight inches.

Stitched-quilting fabric masks were the most effective, with droplets traveling 2.5 inches.
    They're far less effective than proper masks, but they remain far more effective than going maskless and they do block particles. If you're not sneezing, the efficacy of the face coverings goes up as there are less particles needed to be blocked and less force behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thankful Sweden didn't do a complete lockdown like some of the countries.
    Hmm. I posted recently in another forum that Sweden's lack of lockdown has caused a higher rate of infection, higher rate of death, and also worse economy -- especially when directly compared to the countries that sandwich it, which both had significant lockdowns. I'm surprised to hear it's "not much difference now vs. 1 year ago", to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So you haven’t read anything about these topics. In the grocery store you touch packaging. Everything else should be washed when you get it home anyway...
    To play devils advocate here, you touch your mask, touch the packaging to look at it, then put it back. As you said, everything else should be washed.

However, did you wash your hands after touching that packaging? Those same steps also apply in reverse. You touch the package to look at it, maybe to see the ingredients or what flavor it is. You set it down and then you touch your face. Unknown to you, someone who was sick had touched that package before you. Add to that that the virus can last between hours and days on most surfaces, and you have a big problem.

Or, lets say you don't touch your face. You know better than to do that. While you're shopping, you check your phone for the time, or you touched your wallet to get money out. Now your wallet or phone are potential carriers of the disease. One of which you Will put up to your uncovered face.

People need to realize just how far cross contamination can go.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/07/01/ban...sk-study-says/

This is not true -

They're far less effective than proper masks, but they remain far more effective than going maskless and they do block particles. If you're not sneezing, the efficacy of the face coverings goes up as there are less particles needed to be blocked and less force behind them.
    If their loose fitting, their 60% less effective since at that point, they are not blocking droplets fully. The droplets are spewing out of the loose sides and top. So that is one problem with that study right there. Its measuring a direct line from point A to B.

So yes, it is true. Because with a loose fit, its still spewing out of the massive holes. Sure, it'll block some of the droplets going straight, but not the ones flying out the sides. Its like anything else under pressure, It finds any gap to get free from.

This is the type of information im talking about. People are so concerned with straight in front that they don't realize that the bandana is useless since the virus just flies right on out all over the gaps. That is why a tight fit is key.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?