Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    In fairness, that map shows 1 dot per province in Canada where as it shows red in every county in the US. Not that the reality is any better. The US has roughly 9 times as many people as Canada but roughly 200 times the daily cases, most of the cases in Ontario and Quebec both of which get around 100 cases a day. Before someone even says it, yes population density makes some amount of difference but at the same time, most of Canada's population is within a few hour drive of the American border in areas like the Greater Toronto Area and Vancouver meaning that all that empty land up north isn't really relevant when talking about population density.

Just goes to show how much having the federal, provincial and local governments taking things seriously can do.

Btw, Toronto, a city that has a population of 3 million and is literally touching multiple other large cities had 14 cases yesterday. The difference between the US and Canada is actually astounding in this whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Saving people by bombing other people is a sign of strength, and people vote for that. But saving people by implementing safety measures and absorbing the economical impact is a sign of weakness, and people vote against that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    rEguLaTiOnS aRe BaD. Muh Freedumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    In fairness, that map shows 1 dot per province in Canada where as it shows red in every county in the US. Not that the reality is any better. The US has roughly 9 times as many people as Canada but roughly 200 times the daily cases, most of the cases in Ontario and Quebec both of which get around 100 cases a day. Before someone even says it, yes population density makes some amount of difference but at the same time, most of Canada's population is within a few hour drive of the American border in areas like the Greater Toronto Area and Vancouver meaning that all that empty land up north isn't really relevant when talking about population density.

Just goes to show how much having the federal, provincial and local governments taking things seriously can do.

Btw, Toronto, a city that has a population of 3 million and is literally touching multiple other large cities had 14 cases yesterday. The difference between the US and Canada is actually astounding in this whole thing.
    Unfortunately population density isn't some magic wand explaining everything, if anything at all.

Proof: Asia and Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news, well, at least for americans, others might need to wait a little longer.
    https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1...49395719053312

The vaccine seems to work .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Good news, well, at least for americans, others might need to wait a little longer.

I would have to see it in action on some other country population 1.st. Also from what i reading side effect of that vacine arent great.
    Severe chills doesnt sound great.
    25 dose seems to be the safest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post

I would not put much trust in the US vaccine right now especially with the FDA which is under political pressure to put out a vaccine before the election killing regulations and safeguards left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I would not put much trust in the US vaccine right now especially with the FDA which is under political pressure to put out a vaccine before the election killing regulations and safeguards left and right.
    It's also a trial of only 45 people for something that's supposed to go to hundreds of millions and over 50% of those 45 had some concerning side effects (100% who got the highest dose had side effects). It was also age limited to 18-55, which leaves out the most important group for it.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-07-15 at 02:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    It's also a trial of only 45 people for something that's supposed to go to hundreds of millions and over 50% of those 45 had some concerning side effects (100% who got the highest dose had side effects). It was also age limited to 18-55, which leaves out the most important group for it.
    Also it's a complete mystery for how long the immunity even lasts.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    True, that is supposed to change with the phase 3 study.

However, even if it begins this month (July 27) they do not expect to start measuring actual "immunity" against covid-19 until 1.5 months later; i.e. mid-September and the primary Completion Date is not until the fall - of 2022.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...store-71774507

More American anti-mask psychotics.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/angry-wi...mbership-cards

British tories tantruming over mask orders. No stabbings yet though.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/israel...lockdown-gains

Empirical data out of Israel is showing that reopening schools is a really bad idea, despite theoretical claims that children don't spread this virus very well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...19/5442415002/

Walmart is going to start requiring masks as of Monday. Hopefully no greeters will be stabbed.
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-07-15 at 05:10 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    bah they will just give it to the military again just like the swine flu vaccine, use them as test subjects

then we can see if its safe.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...store-71774507

More American anti-mask psychotics.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/angry-wi...mbership-cards

British tories tantruming over mask orders. No stabbings yet though.

Empirical data out of Israel is showing that reopening schools is a really bad idea, despite theoretical claims that children don't spread this virus very well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...19/5442415002/

Walmart is going to start requiring masks as of Monday. Hopefully no greeters will be stabbed.
    Sadly there's tons of videos already with Walmart employees getting into altercations with people who don't want to wear masks.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://twitter.com/tatereeves/statu...83825219682304

Let’s talk about herd immunity. I’ve listened to some people argue that the rapid spread of cases is a good thing, and we need to reach herd immunity in Mississippi and elsewhere to survive. I’m not a health care expert by any means, but I am a math guy. And I have thoughts:

The experts say we need 70-80% of the population to get COVID-19 to achieve herd immunity. Let’s assume they’re wrong (it’s certainly possible, they have been before.) Let’s assume they’re being way overly cautious and we actually only need 40% infection for herd immunity.

In Mississippi, our population is 3 million. We’ve had 36,680 cases so far.

We’d need 1.2 MILLION infections to achieve that hypothetical 40% threshold. (Remember, experts say it’s double that.)

Over the last two weeks, our hospital system has started to become stressed to the point of pain. We are seeing the early signs and effects of it becoming overwhelmed. We had to suspend elective surgeries again.

On our worst day of new cases, we had just over 1,000. It has typically been between 700-900 during this most aggressive time.

To get to 40% infections, we’d need 3,187 new cases every day for a full year from today.

We would need to TRIPLE our worst day—every day—for a year.

I’m not one of these guys that immediately dismisses any idea that challenges the expert status quo talking points. I’m pretty skeptical by nature. That’s healthy. But herd immunity is not anything like a realistic solution in the short or mid-term. I wish it was.

Unless you’re willing to go without hospitals after a car wreck or heart attack, we need a different approach. Right now, despite mixed messages at the beginning, it seems like masks are the best bet. They’re a hell of a lot better than widespread shut downs. Please wear one!
    This is the governor of Mississippi, surprisingly coming out with a data driven analysis of how monumentally stupid the "heard immunity" argument is. I'm pleasantly surprised by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Not only theoretical claims about low spread from children - but actual studies; both of case-data and studies based on closing in several European countries.

One problem that both the studies of European countries and this Israel-study have is that many countries do everything at once, and thus it's hard to see what made the impact. In this case Israel began opening schools in May, and also began opening the rest of society in late April and all through May (a lot of them on May 4th - lifting restriction on number of passengers on buses on May 20th).

Thus when they say that schools opened one week and cases began increasing the next one we have a correlation, not a causation.

The report is also a bit confusing - they first go through all countries with emphasis on age-differentiated opening - and when there is spread in the schools in Israel they don't mention anything about the age of those students.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/tatereeves/statu...83825219682304

This is the governor of Mississippi, surprisingly coming out with a data driven analysis of how monumentally stupid the "heard immunity" argument is. I'm pleasantly surprised by this.
    That makes two of us when I hear Governor of Mississippi I brace for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sadly there's tons of videos already with Walmart employees getting into altercations with people who don't want to wear masks.
    Sadly its not just maskholes they have to deal with and the million video's on youtube prove it.

Walmart and their tens of billions really should staff professional security at each of its stores but we know they can't spare the profit.

The local cops at this point should start charging a surcharge to Walmart since they refuse to even provide minimum security.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I would have to see it in action on some other country population 1.st. Also from what i reading side effect of that vacine arent great.
    Severe chills doesnt sound great.
    25 dose seems to be the safest.
    These are actually very common symptoms from vaccines. It's a large part of why people insist they only got the flu after they got the flu vaccine - they didn't actually get the flu, they're just experiencing temporary vaccine side effects.

YIKES vaccine first run not looking fun at all, these folks complaining about having to wear a mask wait till they need a shot.....

The vaccine "induced anti–SARS-CoV-2 immune responses in all participants," the research team reported Tuesday in the New England Journal of Medicine. Researchers said that "no trial-limiting safety concerns were identified." Yet a majority of participants still reported at least one side effect.

"Solicited adverse events that occurred in more than half the participants included fatigue, chills, headache, myalgia, and pain at the injection site," the report states. Fever, joint pain and nausea were also reported.

Side effects grew more common with more (and larger) injections, the scientists write:

"Systemic adverse events were more common after the second vaccination, particularly with the highest dose, and three participants (21%) in the 250-μg dose group reported one or more severe adverse events."

Notably, every participant in the two larger-dose groups reported adverse reactions after their second injections. One study participant in the smallest-dose group, meanwhile, was removed due to having developed hives after the first round of injections.

The scientists said that due to the ongoing status of the project, they are not yet "able to assess the durability of the immune responses" generated by the vaccine, but that they intend to follow participants "for 1 year after the second vaccination" and examine regular blood samples to monitor the vaccine's effects.

A large trial "expected to evaluate a 100-μg dose" is "anticipated to begin during the summer of 2020," the report states.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Georgia 'we "bravely" ended lockdown early when everyone told us not too' is no FORBIDDEN from passing any local mask laws while in the same breath saying following the governors new executive orders will help flatten the curve.

America where being irresponsible is your right - no matter how many people day. Just make sure your 'essential worker' ass is at work on time to care of the people exercising their rights.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-07-16 at 06:16 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive