10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Well, if you can tell me how scientific it is to parrot what chinese told you without any studies then i will tell you how i think.
    And we know the virus can be transmitted between humans from the doctors that Chinese government arrested. They were arrested cos they wanted to warn the world.
    And these doctors had spread the information before WHO tweeted/parroted this tweet.
    Congratulations you've successfully discovered the inherent difficulty in coordinating a pandemic response across a myriad of nations many of whom are not sharing accurate data with you. Your line still seems to be that because the WHO was wrong once they can't ever be trusted, therefore Trump is good, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    People at high risk are still the vast minority. The rest of the world should not be crippled for the few.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...s.html#obesity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesit..._United_States

Roughly 40% of America are obese. Being obese makes one high risk.

40%, ain't much of a "minority" dude. And that's JUST obesity. That's not the multitude of other medical conditions that make one high risk, that's not factoring in the elderly that increases risk, and that's not factoring in those who are victims in the ongoing opioid epidemic that also makes them high risk.

Your basic understanding of risk factors, and who is at risk, if aggressively flawed and as a result so is your conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Losing their source of income, I don't think these businesses can just re-open. They're not temporarily closed, the real estate is up for sale. The business is lost.
    It's literally a business, not a life. Rebuilding it is impractical, not impossible. It, however, is impossible to raise someone from the dead.

Unless you think Jesus Christ himself is about to descend from on high to save this shitty nail salon.

- - - Updated - - -

To give an example of the arbitrary nature, JCPenney is on the brink of financial ruin, while Walmart is not. Why? Because Walmart also sells food, and if you happen to be in there for some beef, you can also pick up some apparel or jewelry. Now, if JCPenney had a deli on the side, they'd be in much better shape.

Similarly, protests in the street with many not wearing masks, demonstrably on video, that does not increase Covid transfer according to media reports. But people attending a funeral for dead loved ones, with masks and and social distancing, that would help to spread the disease. It's all very arbitrary. One would be forgiven for being frustrated and angry.
    Not really, because said frustration is rooted in obstinate ignorance of the facts. I wouldn't forgive a Boomer harassing a retail worker because the restaurant doesn't stock Pepsi for the same reason despite there being a massive Coca-Cola sign out the front.

The reasons why the protests are viewed more favorably than indoor dining are well known, and are widely circulated to the point of being included in the discussions for these ordinances, so drop the "it's arbitrary and coming out of nowhere" nonsense - the information is there.

You just don't like it, therefore it does not exist. The party has told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    how is this any different from Trump telling the CDC not to report COVID deaths? it's almost as if authoritarians care about not losing face more than peoples general welfare.

that doesn't justify a god damned thing you're suggesting.
    I am not suggesting anything against what you say about trump.
    People voted and chose him to manage them just like people chose Hitler.
    People living the consequences.

Now you want me to shit talk about Trump, i didn't see American people do anything to George Bush for what he did in Iraq. Raping kids and women, torturing men. Have you found chemical weapons yet? Have you had Bush punished for his lies?
    Now Trump may be lying and americans get hurt. Feeling what Iraq people felt now? It is not even close to what they felt.
    Trump will get away with it just like Bush did.

3+ Year Old Account
    I am not suggesting anything against what you say about trump.
    People voted and chose him to manage them just like people chose Hitler.
    People living the consequences.

Now you want me to shit talk about Trump, i didn't see American people do anything to George Bush for what he did in Iraq. Raping kids and women, torturing men. Have you found chemical weapons yet? Have you had Bush punished for his lies?
    Now Trump may be lying and americans get hurt. Feeling what Iraq people felt now? It is not even close to what they felt.
    Trump will get away with it just like Bush did.
    what the actual fuck are you talking about. I point out Trump is doing the same thing you want to hold china to account for and you bring up the Bushes for Iraq? focus a little bit here.
    Last edited by Thee ANCOM; 2020-07-26 at 12:32 AM.

what the actual fuck are you talking about.
    The hate boner is pulling too much blood from their brain.

To give an example of the arbitrary nature, JCPenney is on the brink of financial ruin, while Walmart is not. Why? Because Walmart also sells food, and if you happen to be in there for some beef, you can also pick up some apparel or jewelry. Now, if JCPenney had a deli on the side, they'd be in much better shape.
    Holy shit that's not why Walmart is doing well and JC Penny is a dumpster fire. Like, remotely.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/busin...ory/index.html
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brittai...iler-be-saved/
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo...nts-jc-penney/
    https://observer.com/2019/06/ron-joh...y-retail-guru/

It's not because they didn't have a food court. Malls have food courts and they're seeing shops closing left and right as well.

Similarly, protests in the street with many not wearing masks, demonstrably on video, that does not increase Covid transfer according to media reports.
    It doesn't. And not because "media" have said so. It doesn't because researchers looked at the coronavirus data in the cities where protests happened and the results largely showed that there were no related spikes resulting from the protests.

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/saf...coronavirus-us
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...-blaming-them/

But people attending a funeral for dead loved ones, with masks and and social distancing, that would help to spread the disease. It's all very arbitrary. One would be forgiven for being frustrated and angry.
    Because most memorial services are hosted indoors, not outdoors as the protests were.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...icago/2253006/

Because there have been confirmed cases of massive spread coming out of funerals and other similar gatherings.

Being frustrated and angry is more the result of not being informed and being confused. Be inquisitive. Be curious. Research and learn something and you'll be less frustrated and angry.

what the actual fuck are you talking about.
    Truth does hurt.
    Trump is a great leader, i support what he does. If you don't like it you can move to another country.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The hate boner is pulling too much blood from their brain.
    I get it I just want it to make some sort of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth does hurt.
    Trump is a great leader, i support what he does. If you don't like it you can move to another country.
    you support him doing the same thing you want to go after China for, got it, toes makes sense brah.

- - - Updated - - -

like I'm amazed you can criticize Bush for Iraq and somehow not criticize Trump for droning the shit out of people more than Obama did in 8 years.

I get it I just want it to make some sort of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

you support him doing the same thing you want to go after China for, got it, toes makes sense brah.
    No, i support him for doing %1 of what george bush did to Iraq.
    Make America great again.

MAGA apparently requires killing off truck loads of Americans, not supporting small business during a crisis, and tear gassing moms in Portland.

3+ Year Old Account
    No, i support him for doing %1 of what george bush did to Iraq.
    Make America great again.
    oh I get it, you're just a sociopathic ghoul, have a great life I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question to my biologists.

Would antibodies show up if someone was exposed to the virus, maybe once or over a time period, but never exposed enough to contract the disease. Does it work like that?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

oh I get it, you're just a sociopathic ghoul, have a great life I guess.
    Maybe i am.
    But.. please tell me; what would you call to the american people who said or done nothing when its found out there were no chemicals in Iraq?
    Were you on the streets for all those died, raped, tortured?
    Have your country punished Bush for his lies?
    I hope Mr great leader Trump continues his policy during second wave too. Good job sir.

3+ Year Old Account
    Have your country punished Bush for his lies?
    I hope Mr great leader Trump continues his policy during second wave too. Good job sir.
    is this trolling? this has to be trolling. no one can suffer from cognitive dissonance this badly and be able to type on a keyboard.

why the fuck do I have to point out that you condemning Bush for his war crimes while praising Trumps war crimes does not make any kind of logical sense what so ever.

is this trolling? this has to be trolling. no one can suffer from cognitive dissonance this badly and be able to type on a keyboard.

why the fuck do I have to point out that you condemning Bush for his war crimes while praising Trumps war crimes does not make any kind of logical sense what so ever.
    You chose him by your votes. That's why.
    Iraq didn't chose Bush.
    Just be happy that Trumps army isnt raping kids and women. Thank to your gods cos he is better person than Bush.

Iraq didn't chose Bush.
    Just be happy that Trumps army isnt raping kids and women. Thank to your gods cos he is better person than Bush.
    War in Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria but this is off topic and Trump is responsible for the deaths of countless Americans due to his abysmal Covid non response. The GOP and Trump's motto are "there are things worse than dying'.

3+ Year Old Account
    Iraq didn't chose Bush.
    I'll thank him by voting him out come November. can't wait to see that fucker go. preferably dragged off to prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit that's not why Walmart is doing well and JC Penny is a dumpster fire. Like, remotely.
    Can we wind back the clock to a place in the American political narrative where "I don't understand the issue but I'm mad therefore my opinion should be taken seriously" was something that'd get you laughed out of the room, out of curiosity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth does hurt.
    Can't, they've all closed their borders to Americans.

Because of CORONAVIRUS - the actual topic of this thread, remember?
    /s