Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    “Alt unfriendly” people complain. Entitled they feel but will deny. Rewards earned should be usable on all characters, they shout.

Y’all mutha fuckas don’t understand what an alt is. An alt isn’t a second main. It’s something you mess around on for fun without really caring about how far you progress the character.

Y’all out here crying because you can’t have everything you do on your main. It’s an alt, not a second main. The problem isn’t with the game, it’s with you.
    Wtf are you smoking xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    “Alt unfriendly” people complain. Entitled they feel but will deny. Rewards earned should be usable on all characters, they shout.

Y’all mutha fuckas don’t understand what an alt is. An alt isn’t a second main. It’s something you mess around on for fun without really caring about how far you progress the character.

Y’all out here crying because you can’t have everything you do on your main. It’s an alt, not a second main. The problem isn’t with the game, it’s with you.
    That's kinda the whole point. Take the cloak for example. I'm not going to get the cloak on my alts. That means they'll be rubbish in visions and they could potentially be rubbish in LFR in areas where you need the cloak. And they'll be locked out of most corrupted items.

That's why this patch is rubbish for alts.

Essentially quit a few weeks into 8.2, never going to return to retail after something like 15 years subbed, playing Classic happily now.

I give bfa 8.0 a 8/10 on the grounds that Uldir was very enjoyable, the bfa launch was very cool, the direction for mythic+ was great albeit a bit novel, pvp was engaging, it really felt like Legion but better.

8.1 a 3/10, on the grounds that BoD was basically the only redeeming part of the whole patch, pvp had gone stale, non raid content was shite, the underlying issues really started to creep out.

and 8.2 a nevercomingback/10 nah idk who cares LOL

I would come back for something like challenge mode and mage tower but I don't see this keeping me subbed to retail.
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2020-01-23 at 02:43 PM.

Better than WoD, that's for sure.
    I liked the thematic feel and look of Uldir but the boss fights were... yeah, not my favourite. While I have gotten used to the dungeons which I play a lot, they are still a step back from Legion which felt a bit more, free and less focus driven. I don't know how to put it.

AP grind at the start sucked some massive donkey kong. 8.2 was what kept me playing, I didn't care much about BoD though I did get every single Curve (thanks Ava for carrying my sorry ass for free).

The more they moved away from the faction war theme the more tolerable it got. I don't know how they managed to convince themselves that was the way to go. Could have easily made Azshara-Nzoth theme expansion and that's it. Probably one of the biggest aspects that hurt BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I agree with many of you - Literally the ONLY THING WoD ever did well.. and that's hillariously something blizz GUTTED.. was PVP

PVP in WoD was fantastic, but almost everything else and I mean ALMOST everything else (some raids were gucci, introduction to mythic 0 Not Plus but m0 was great with those BOA trinkets.. badass, and obviously those gucci ASS challenge mode weapons)

But literally, WoD had an ENTIRE PAATCH a WHOLE EFFING PATCH dedicated to a SELFIE CAMERA integration to Twitter

Most people here that have experienced some bad shit have NEVER lived that until they get a PATCH a REAL PATCH with ONLY a fucken twitter camera in game - people were so mad I can't even begin to tell you...

Anyway, BFA is way better than WoD (I also hated MOST of cata, the ONLY good thing in Cata was Transmog, and MAYBE heroic rag - otherwise Cata was hot garbage too)

Nearly as bad as WoD, but WoD was worse, so it *barely* avoids worst expansion. It has the second worst RNG (Legion won that award), second worst "dailies is all your content" abuse (MoP says hi), added 0 systems that are staying in Shadowlands (AP 2.0, WF, IE, Azerite, CF, all going away. They also destroyed missions in Mission 3.0, by far the worst iteration); honestly the only reason it won over WoD was previous systems from Legion like M+ and WQs existing, plus they at least tried to make content for it, but didn't bother making content that lasted. WoD had nothing.

So yeah, definitely second worst. Anyone saying it's great clearly didn't play WoW when this game was actually great. BfA was a massive turd from beginning to end. This patch is especially one of the worst (horrific visions are actually pretty good, but everything else about this patch is god awful).

That said, WoD at least made me tons of gold and personally, didn't piss me off like this expansion did, plus they cut it way short while this one has an 8.3 patch. I still think WoD is the worse expansion, but the line between worst and second worst is so incredibly thin that they almost blur together.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2020-01-23 at 02:48 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The art, music, and storytelling have been amazing.
    Story has been descent, but not great.
    Gameplay feels pretty similar to Legion to me, but I miss legendaries from Legion and the skills from the Artifact Weapons are sorely missed. Essences was pretty neat though.
    I've played a lot of BfA, but not necessarily doing progress. More like finishing old content and achievement hunting.

The Cinematic Team has knocked it out of the park, though.

Blizz should've probably just made N'zoth the focus from the get go.
    - Dare not to sleep -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Oh sure, BC had issues, but it added and continued to add so many new systems (with flaws, absolutely) and types of content we'd never seen before.
    No expansion since has ever expanded the game that much.
    Do you have a list of these new systems it added, as well as content we've never seen before?

Expanding isn't the same as adding btw.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Do you have a list of these new systems it added, as well as content we've never seen before?

Expanding isn't the same as adding btw.
    At the time of it's launch, all the "new" it brought had never added into WoW before thus making it an expansion of what the game currently entailed and offered.
    New things: Arenas, heroic dungeons, badges of justice + new gearing methods, new races/faction class, a new honor/pvp gearing system, tier tokens, a new profession/gem sockets, flying mounts, daily quests, meaningful reputation rewards, and ...bombing runs (#neverforgetpeakcontent).

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The results of this survey are extremely predictable. Ask the same again in two years. Everything will change. Exactly like WoD.
    What? People still think WoD was poor. They literally said 'we will never make these mistakes (lack of a central villain) again' and thats exactly what they did. Players don't care about their faction (BfA's focus), they care about their class.

I'm part of a guild that usually progresses its way through 50% of mythic bosses every tier so by no means are we the best of the best. 8.3 released this week and on the first raid night there were 6 people online out of a roster that even as recently as BoD had at least 30-60 members online for the beginning of a major raid. It's horrible to see almost everyone I played with for the past 7-10 years completely abandon the game.

BfA was a middling expansion with some great polish to existing systems like M+ maligned by terrible story and badly designed core systems in Islands and Warfronts.
    At least Blizzard got lots of useful data out of it with procedural content, AI players, M+ seasonal affixes and affixes in general that could be used to make subsequent expansions better.

WoD was, and still is orders of magnitude worse, in the same way a shitty car will never be as bad as a ferrari modified to work by pedalling.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    WoD is still considered shit so not sure what you mean?
    Yep.

Even now, when an alt hits 90, my heart sinks. I try to squeeze out a bit more Pandaria but I just know . . . I have to go to Draenor . . .
    Putin khuliyo

I voted it as one of the worst expansions
    I stopped playing it after AOTC Uldir achievement, played for maybe 1 week after that, and unsubbed

WoD i was subbed for the majority of the xpack if that says anything

The raiding so far has been solid. Uldir, BoD, and EP were really fun to progress and had great themes, apart from a few anomalies (Fetid, Jaina P3 nerfs, and Za'qul). Let's see if Nya'lotha continues the trend.

M+ has been a double edged sword. It's insane how punishing it is, and even though its affix/dungeon combos are a bit better balanced than Legion, it's still often a cancerous affair. It can feel very rewarding when done well though.

110-120 was great, wouldn't change a thing. Loved the zones, the themes, and the music. Mechagon and Nazjatar were cool, but the transformed Uldum/Vale regions leave a lot to be desired. Purple hue + spooky obelisks and purple monsters does not a horrific environment make.

The story was obviously horrific garbage (no pun intended), and a lot of characters had bizarre development. No amount of money thrown at the cinematics ever really made up for the bad storytelling and direction.

But the fundamental gameplay system which completely destroyed any chance of this expansion being good: Azerite. The first two tiers were super punishing for Azerite, most traits were left OP/UP and had literally no impact on our playstyles, the sheer amount of simming we had to do with third-party websites was aggravating, and the AP grind itself was a sham. I don't mind Essences but they're often still quite generic and do not fill the gaping void of a) no new talent tier, b) no tier set bonuses, c) unfixed Azerite traits, d) no legendaries, and e) no new core abilities.

It’s worse than Cataclysm, but it’s better than WoD which isn’t saying much but that’s just where it stands. Extremely bland all around despite the ending of N’zoth literally dying. I always felt like this expansion was set up to fail just because it had to live up to Legion’s quality but not to this extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yep.

Even now, when an alt hits 90, my heart sinks. I try to squeeze out a bit more Pandaria but I just know . . . I have to go to Draenor . . .
    What do you mean? I get shitting on wod, i get that it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but do it where it's merited. There's absolutely no need to make up shit, much less hyperbole. Leveling through wod is by far the easiest and fastest 10 levels

I started in MoP so my range to pull form is limited, but WoD was worse for me. This is expansion is just meh, if my guild hadn't died I would have played a lot more, meanwhile in WoD I quit out of complete boredom.

To me that probably sums it up. I would rather have an expansion with subpar content than an expansion lacking in content.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    What do you mean? I get shitting on wod, i get that it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but do it where it's merited. There's absolutely no need to make up shit, much less hyperbole. Leveling through wod is by far the easiest and fastest 10 levels
    Yeah the WoD leveling process was probably by far my favorite of any expansion. Very rich all the way through. Endgame killed the expansion.

Easily the second worst expansion, and I fully expect that not to change short of Shadowlands completely flopping. BfA will be remembered as the expansion of absolutely nonsensical and unfulfilling (especially this) story progression coupled with classes in the worst state they've been in for a long time. It will also be known as the expansion that spotlighted just how short-sighted most of Legion's features were, and will likely play a big role in shaping future ratings for Legion.

Current List (Best -> Worst)
    1. WotLK
    2. TBC
    3. Classic
    4. MoP
    5. Legion
    6. Cata
    7. BfA
    8. WoD