Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How far do you think prepatch is?

I was kinda hoping for it to drop this week, considering resent stress tests.

Think I haven't seen any leaks or announcements for the date, so I'm sorry if I missed something.

When do you guys expect prepatch?

Gonna be out the 30th here in Europe

They always give 2 weeks warning for Arena Season end. And we havn't had that yet.
    Until we see that announcement the PrePatch is always 2+ weeks away.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

In 3 weeks.

We haven't got the 2 week end of season notice yet; and 3 weeks would leave it 4 weeks out from launch, which is the usual schedule.

7+ Year Old Account
    29th of Sept.

10+ Year Old Account
    29/30th depending on if you're US or EU. We didn't get 2 weeks yet, which means it's not the 22nd/23rd. Any later than the 29/30th and we don't get 4 weeks before launch.

So far away.. so so far away..

Gonna say the week of 22nd or 29th of September. Still hoping for an "End of Season" notice this week.

September 29th

I'd love to have a blizzard confirmed date already and I don't understand what's their logic behind not disclosing it in advance. Got stuff to do before prepatch and I'd like to know how much time I have left.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    they don't give any definite dates because when you release something it's extremely hard to know when it's done. they need to have some extra time in case an issue is found shortly before release, and those can't be predicted.

as for the date, I'd be surprised if it releases before october. we've been all grinding to cap our legendary cloak and we would be given 2 or 3 measly weeks in order to enjoy the fruit of our labour of a whole expansion? nah, not going to happen, or players will remember and will simply stop caring and lose interest next time. imagine: you end up a year long grind, then your grind is meaningless right after it, as you can't appreciate the power earned, just no.

they've been releasing the shorts to build up hype soon enough. if someone is hyped by the marketing, I don't think he'll wait weeks, he'll just play earlier, which is more profitable for blizz.

it will probably be 6/7th of october or the week after. the pre patch takes place over 2 weeks. 2 weeks is plenty of time to get used to the new class changes and do the questline.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-09-09 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliarne View Post
    Gonna say the week of 22nd or 29th of September. Still hoping for an "End of Season" notice this week.
    ^^ that one or one week after: either way its VERY SOON

get your stuff done now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'd love to have a blizzard confirmed date already and I don't understand what's their logic behind not disclosing it in advance. Got stuff to do before prepatch and I'd like to know how much time I have left.
    Basically treat it like its happening as early as 2.5 or 2.75 weeks away because that's about as early as it could be (BUT LIKELY wont be until that 29th week or even the first Tuesday in October just because this is being RUSHED big time, the PTR is madness so they have a LOT to do on the back end.. they are actually rushing it if you think about it vs RONA, Corona has caused tons of loss of work for every large org, and I think this probably should of been pushed to early 2021 if you ask me, but OH WELL, get ready now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    they don't give any definite dates because when you release something it's extremely hard to know when it's done. they need to have some extra time in case an issue is found shortly before release, and those can't be predicted.

as for the date, I'd be surprised if it releases before october. we've been all grinding to cap our legendary cloak and we would be given 2 or 3 measly weeks in order to enjoy the fruit of our labour of a whole expansion? nah, not going to happen, or players will remember and will simply stop caring and lose interest next time. imagine: you end up a year long grind, then your grind is meaningless right after it, as you can't appreciate the power earned, just no.

they've been releasing the shorts to build up hype soon enough. if someone is hyped by the marketing, I don't think he'll wait weeks, he'll just play earlier, which is more profitable for blizz.

it will probably be 6/7th of october or the week after. the pre patch takes place over 2 weeks. 2 weeks is plenty of time to get used to the new class changes and do the questline.
    But it wasn't a grind. You just had to play for like an hour every week to get the core. It was a chore, a mandatory thing you had to do, which was timegated and was a knife in the back of every alt player but it wasn't a grind for sure.

Anyway I'm pretty sure it will be 29/30 but it could be 6/7 too. I would be really surprised if it was earlier or later than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    But it wasn't a grind. You just had to play for like an hour every week to get the core. It was a chore, a mandatory thing you had to do, which was timegated and was a knife in the back of every alt player but it wasn't a grind for sure.

Anyway I'm pretty sure it will be 29/30 but it could be 6/7 too. I would be really surprised if it was earlier or later than that.
    yeah a time gated chore if you prefer

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Bc they probably want to have a security buffer to be able to push back the prepatch a week or two if they run into unforeseen issues and once they publicly commit to a date they can't do that anymore

I DEMAND that they release it sooner, because 29/30 doesn't fit MY schedule and I WANT it sooner!!!!

Relax, it will come when it comes

Either on the 29th or the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    I DEMAND that they release it sooner, because 29/30 doesn't fit MY schedule and I WANT it sooner!!!!

Relax, it will come when it comes
    Noone spoke like that in this thread so your response kinda doesnt really fit in.

I was hoping it would drop on the 15th/16th to give us a little longer prepatch this time. 22/23rd would accomplish that aswell but i guess both of those dates are not very likely
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post

Think I haven't seen any leaks or announcements for the date, so I'm sorry if I missed something.

There is no way it was this week. There will always be a 2 week announcement for PvP'ers to do last minute pushes on the ladder for that 0.5% mount. When I heard the Oct. 26th announcement I planned on prepatch dropping the 29th. That puts it 1 month before expansion and falls in line with all previous pre-patches. The only way I don't see that happening is if we don't get an announcement next week.

Otherwise, September 29th is pretty much the date to plan on it dropping if you are making plans on grinding things out before they go away. If it extends out past that, considering yourself lucky, but use that date to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post

as always . 2 weeks after pvp season ends.

not exackly rocket science