Poll: Is it time for you to bidet.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok let’s talk about it. Is it time for you to bidet?

In the most recent events and shortages of toilet paper I’m seeing on the news and the 6 month supply I’ve had before all this because I buy in bulk on sale to save.

The question becomes is it time to bidet?

I got cottonelle normally goes about $1.67 a roll x 8 Pack it can cost about 13- 16$

I get 24 pack x 6 on sale averaging 89 cents a roll.

Say $250. Or $500 a year would a bidet be a better investment.

Keep in mind this is for 2 people as opposed to a family.

Also a bonus better for the environment.

What do you think are you thinking about it. Is this a prime time investment
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It came up in the toilet paper thread several times already.

Also... no one has yet told me how bidet users can tell when their ass is clean.

My personal experience with bidets is that no matter how much I shower my ass with it, I can always wipe off some more crap afterwards when I try to dry the water away with toilet paper. So I still have to use toilet paper or put get my pants wet, if I had no toilet paper. Thats assuming getting all shit away from my ass with bidet.

So no... my experience with bidet is that it doesnt work. So therefore leftover crap and it floating around with leftover water into my pants makes it disgusting.

I'd still also want to see calculations of how much water people would waste with bidets compared to the average amount needed to create the toilet paper instead.

Only time I use the bidet that I have in my house is when I got diarhea or something that requires me to wipe my ass often. Even then it only reduces the need of paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a 30 year old Canadian male, relevance is literally nothing.

A few years ago I was trying things from other cultures/parts of the world and a bidet was one of them. I bought one, installed it, tried it, and it changed my life. I now have 1 at my place, 2 at my parents, and 1 at my sisters. Every single time I use them I only need a bit of toilet paper to dry myself. Those days I woke up after eating a dozen spicy tacos? Nothing compared to the power of my bidets. Everywhere I have had them installed people use them and wish they had done it sooner.

At work I talk about it and a few coworkers have given them a try and also love them. I wish it had caught on sooner. A bidet also allows my toilet paper to easily last 3-5 times longer than it usually would.

10/10 I would invest in it and use it. One of the best changes I have ever made.

*EDIT*

I would also avoid bashing it unless you have tried it. I personally thought it was the dumbest thing on earth in my teens and early twenties but at around 27 my mind changed and I'm glad it did. If you can't try it I would at least do some research on it before making a quick opinion.

I don't get it. Some people swear on it as if it's like a revolution and I have to ask myself, do other people have a different kind of ass or shit compared to me?

They're totally useless. I tried them in Korea multiple times and never, ever have they cleaned me properly. How could they even? They just spray you with water...

One time the water pressure was even so high that I farted water afterwards. It essentially caused me to shit myself a bit. Fuck bidets.

Had a bidet, for the past couple years and I will say it reduces toilet paper use quite a bit.

It isn't like you don't use toilet paper if you have a bidet, it just greatly reduces how much you use.

With a family of 3 a 24 pack would typically last a little over a month pre bidet. W/bidet lasts at least 3x as long.

If you have a septic, it also reduces how often you have to empty and the life of the system I am told.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

Also... no one has yet told me how bidet users can tell when their ass is clean.
    Imagine your car is covered with mud.

So you grab some paper towel to wipe it off. Gets some off, but still not real clean.

So you go grab the hose and spray the mud off, then wipe with the paper. Works much better.

I'd still also want to see calculations of how much water people would waste with bidets compared to the average amount needed to create the toilet paper instead.
    Numbers I can find say about 45-140 litres of water per roll. My rolls have 165 sheets, so that's 272-850ml per sheet.

Other numbers I find say a bidet takes about 1/8th of a gallon to operate, which is 473ml. So if it saves you 2 sheets worth, you're coming out ahead.
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-03-20 at 07:01 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I can see a bidet as a secondary accessory to toilet paper, reducing the amount needed, but people already use a lot more toilet paper than necessary to wipe it clean I find.

Also, the video OP has shows one of the key issues with bidets: You need to move around to really get it to clean. I used one in Japan while there on vacation to try it out, and before that, I used one in Hong Kong. They didn't convince me to get one for myself. I had issues where I still wanted to wipe vigorously after the fact, because the feeling of a wet ass is not something I relish, and that usually left tp clingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from southern Europe. Most bathrooms automatically come with a bidet.

If we use the bidet, that's an entirely different thing.

I've never used the bidet after taking a shit. I've used it to wash my privates if they're particularly sweaty or to wash my feet. One of my best friends though uses one frequently post defecation.

Our bidets, however, are not like Asian ones. There's no jet streams splashing your anus with precision. It's a faucet pointing forward or downwards and you have to use your hand to splash water wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

So you grab some paper towel to wipe it off. Gets some off, but still not real clean.

So you go grab the hose and spray the mud off, then wipe with the paper. Works much better.
    Only time this is relevant is if you have diarrhea. Otherwise, the differences are too severe.

1) My car is a smooth hard surface. My anus is not. My crack hair is not.
    2) My poo isn't getting all over the majority of the exterior surface of my ass like mud does.
    3) I typically only wash my car once a week or so. I wash my ass every day when I shower. Otherwise, what do I care if it stinks a little after I shit? It doesn't need to be squeaky clean every time. Not like I'm expecting to have my salad tossed at a moment's notice.

You still have to wipe with a Bidet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

In the most recent events and shortages of toilet paper I’m seeing on the news and the 6 month supply I’ve had before all this because I buy in bulk on sale to save.

The question becomes is it time to bidet?

I got cottonelle normally goes about $1.67 a roll x 8 Pack it can cost about 13- 16$

I get 24 pack x 6 on sale averaging 89 cents a roll.

Say $250. Or $500 a year would a bidet be a better investment.

Keep in mind this is for 2 people as opposed to a family.

Also a bonus better for the environment.

What do you think are you thinking about it. Is this a prime time investment
    Well, look at it this way

The Bidet in your video is like ~$50.

You say your spending at least $250-500 per year on TP.

Let's say you have 3 bathrooms and buy a bidet for each...that's still only ~$150 compared to that bare minimum of $250 a year. You could replace those bidets every year and still be saving ~$100.

10+ Year Old Account

My personal experience with bidets is that no matter how much I shower my ass with it, I can always wipe off some more crap afterwards when I try to dry the water away with toilet paper. So I still have to use toilet paper or put get my pants wet, if I had no toilet paper. Thats assuming getting all shit away from my ass with bidet.

So no... my experience with bidet is that it doesnt work. So therefore leftover crap and it floating around with leftover water into my pants makes it disgusting.

Only time I use the bidet that I have in my house is when I got diarhea or something that requires me to wipe my ass often. Even then it only reduces the need of paper.
    When you get dirt off your hands do you just use a paper towel?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought one a few years ago. Love it. I hate pooping not at home now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I have used a bidet for years now.

A roll of TP lasts very very long, I barely need to use any. Mostly it is to dry.

And there is no poop on the TP after I have finished using the bidet. It is quite thorough.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still need toilet paper to dry your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine the splash all over your butt when you have diarrhea, pushing some between your legs and everywhere you couldn't think of
    just use wet wipes, it's clearly the most efficient choice, you only need 1-2 wet wipes + 1-2 toilet paper

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    imagine the splash all over your butt when you have diarrhea, pushing some between your legs and everywhere you couldn't think of
    just use wet wipes, it's clearly the most efficient choice, you only need 1-2 wet wipes + 1-2 toilet paper
    You're not supposed to flush wet wipes. Also, anyone with a shred of common sense and a hand shower is going to use it after having explosive diarrhea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

If your poop is the consistency of mud you probably should look into improving your diet rather than buying a bidet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    You still need toilet paper to dry your ass.
    You use much less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If your poop is the consistency of mud you probably should look into improving your diet rather than buying a bidet.
    Mud has a wide range of consistencies.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters