Internet lag but only in WoW and TS3

Hello, could someone please give me a hand?

I don't know why, but once or twice a day I get strange lag that occurs only in WoW and TS3.
    I can use internet browser without any delays, YT vids load very quickly but WoW freezes completely and on TS I hear crackling voices of my mates.
    What could cause such problem? Is there a way to check if my internet configuration is OK?
    It only started to happen recently and I don't know what could be the cause...

Check your firewall make sure connections are allowed 100%, I would also go to your adapter options and switch off QoS packet sheduler, maybe it could be giving prio to another application running

My friend has the same issue so I would be interested in seeing the answers as it will help him to.

I done the above on his and it seemed to cleared it up for a bit but then happenned again.

Also are you using wired or wireless?

I have 500mb/s fiber internet and like I said - problem started to happen just recently and very randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    I have 500mb/s fiber internet and like I said - problem started to happen just recently and very randomly.
    Just because you have fiber internet doesn't mean it can't be shit. If both WoW freezes AND the voices on TS starts crackling then your connection is dropping

WoW is extremely succeptible to packet loss
    So that could very much be what's happening to you

Also doesn't matter how crackin awesome your connection is if the path between you and the server is having issues.

If somewhere along the line, you're running into part of the route where packets are getting dropped/lost, then your personal connection is irrelevant.

Since it is only happening to specific services (I.E. only when data is going to specific servers) thats almost assuredly what is happening.

What can you do about it?

Run a traceroute to see if thats what it is.

If that is what it is...

use a VPN to reroute your traffic.

Or suck it up.

My PC is connected via wire to router.

Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    My PC is connected via wire to router.
    Excellent at least you are running wired which is one step to mark off list, could always use a fresh cable incase any cable damage/wear and tear.

Once again since not responded on first post, I would check your firewall just to double check nothing is being blocked and I would also stop all applications in background and that which are running.

Boot up only WoW then start to load up applications and see which one is causing heavy network resource on your machine.

Also check your drivers are up to date on network card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Start with doing a tracert to the servers you're connecting to and see if you find PL or high ping occurring. It could be any number of things. And you didn't answer if it's wired or wireless for your computer that's experiencing issues...
    Check firewall and do this. Sounds like packets are dropping

Will do, thank you guys