View Poll Results: Do you kill the 11 rares that drop mounts between Mech/nazj/uldum/vale daily if up?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • No I do not

54 64.29%
  • I kill only some of them on just 1 toon

12 14.29%
  • I kill only some but on multiple toons

8 9.52%
  • I kill all of them but on just 1 toon

1 1.19%
  • I kill all of them on multiple toons

9 10.71%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you kill the 11 rares that drop mounts between Mech/nazj/uldum/vale daily if up?

Not all of them are up every day depending on what side of the zone the N'Zoth hoe-down is, but sometimes you have a slate of up to 11 rares you need to kill for mount chances. Do you kill them all daily? On just 1 toon or multiple toons? How long have you been doing this?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Not all of them are up every day depending on what side of the zone the N'Zoth hoe-down is, but sometimes you have a slate of up to 11 rares you need to kill for mount chances. Do you kill them all daily? On just 1 toon or multiple toons? How long have you been doing this?
    I'm not missing too many of them, before 8.3 I farmed both rares from Mechagon and Soundless with 10 toons. Thankfully got all 3 mounts before Vision patch hit, now I farm the ones I'm missing (Ha-Li, Rei Lun and Corpse Eater) with only 4 chars cause their drop rates are higher than 8.2 rares and cause I can't be bothered anymore (but I seldom miss kills on any of the 4, unless I'm particularly lazy on a given day).

Gotta admit I got pretty lucky with how soon 8.2 mounts dropped though. I suggest joining WoW Secret Finding Discord as they have a channel dedicated to collecting and reporting mount drop spawns. It was really useful during 8.2 as people posted groups for Rustfeather, Arachnoid Harvester and Soundless constantly. Soundless will be particularly annoying to farm in the future as less and less people are going to be camping, let alone posting groups for the kill, I'm not even sure if you can find groups nowadays. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely kill rares. When I do it's either for a quest, fill up a bar (assault etc) or a WQ etc.
    Hi

i also kill the rares with toys/pets

yes i have no life

I've been killing some of them on multiple toons off and on since 8.2. I have not had a single mount drop.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The only rare I farmed on multi toons was rust feather but I got that mount several months ago. The others are recolors I can get elsewhere or models i'm not interested in so haven't bothered.

Awards are pretty cool for collecting mounts, and Frenzied Feltalon is an amazing mount. I have so many different priorities at the moment, but I guess I'll get around it one day.

I fly around a few times when I'm on those zones but I'm not actively farming them. Still missing half of eye toy from Uldum Black Empire Assault and all mounts of 8.3

10+ Year Old Account
    why ? the game has more mounts that u can use, if u use 2 different mounts daily, a year will still ends and u didn't use a mount a single time
    the game now has way too much mounts that it is boring, half of them are bad but still way too much to even care about farm mounts
    we reached a state that mounts are over saturated
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've been killing some of them on multiple toons off and on since 8.2. I have not had a single mount drop.
    heh...i killed the dragon in uldum first time and mount droped,i couldnt believe it,if im not mistaken the chance is under 1%

10+ Year Old Account
    I camped a lot of mounts back in the day. But in BfA most of the mounts are just not really unique, i won `t waste my time for a recollered ji-kun / jade-hound mount.
    If they are up and i see these rares, i kill them - but i wont camp them.

If I ever kill anything that drops a mount, it's usually in the process of getting something else. I have absurdly good luck when it comes to getting mounts on accident, but I'm also the sort of person who sticks with the same mount no matter what I get. I have made good memories with friends when mounts drop, so it can always be a little bittersweet seeing another good mount drop when no one is around to share the moment with, because it reminds me of old friends. I got the lasso recently for the dragon that's supposed to patrol the Vale, but since I haven't seen the dragon yet I'm not sure if I was fortunate to find the lasso or if it's just going to sit in my bank forever like the Skyshards. I remember I did see the Norushen-looking Mogu Watcher that drops a mount in the Vale once, but at the time my gear wouldn't have allowed me to solo him and since I wasn't aware he drops the mount then I didn't end up sticking around. Maybe I have a bit of bad luck when it comes to these things, too, but I just don't know it..
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-03-27 at 07:37 AM.

I killed them with 14 chars every day they were up until the mounts dropped

Happy to report I have every single one of them. The worst was Soundless with about 600 kills
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-03-27 at 07:44 AM.

I don't really care about mounts tbh.
    They are (for me) the least interesting collectible in the game with pets.

If you actually tried to do this every day, it would probably take about 2 hours depending on luck with spawn timers.

2 hours. Just to check some mount rares. Not even factoring in other daily things you need to do.

Nah, i'll pass. One of the most freeing things i've done in my life in the past 5 years has been to free myself from the grip of daily farming in WoW. There is a lot you can do with an extra 14 hours per week.

I only farm rares if they drop a mount that I actually intend to use on any of my characters.

Reapting boring shit on daily basis without enjoying it, wasting hours upon hours a to boost a number in your collection? Sorry but that sounds like you've got yourself into a addiction loop trap and maybe it's time to face it and fix your life.

Well just got the drone mount from Corpse Eater. 1/11!!!!

As close to that as I can... Its all I log on for during the week. I only have a few left, need:
    Corpse,
    Ha-li,
    Hound master Ren,
    --- only one I don't farm and have only seen 3 times at all is Soundless.

I've been focusing on the 8.3 rares because their drop rates are higher, but now I only need three drops from the Uldum N'zoth invasion and a bunch of transmog drops from multiple rares that seems so rare it may be better to come back in a few expansions when I can solo every rare in seconds, I'm almost at the point of going back to farm Rustfeather, Arachnoid and Soundless for the rest of the expansion.

Used to. Got the last 8.3 rare mount as of yesterday and was pretty lucky with the 8.2 ones. All of them sub-200 tries. (separately, not in total)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As close to that as I can... Its all I log on for during the week. I only have a few left, need:
    Corpse,
    Ha-li,
    Hound master Ren,
    --- only one I don't farm and have only seen 3 times at all is Soundless.
    If you were EU, I'd link you to a Soundless Discord that is pretty good, but the US part of it is pretty barren.

The US has an okay ingame community for Soundless though, I heard?