Thread: BWL Next Week

BWL Next Week

With BWL next week, do you think the servers will increase due to people coming back for new content? I raid on Mankrik and even without BWL released, when we dropped the head in org last night, the lag was so bad it took about 10 mins for the guy to walk up and drop the head.

If people come back for BWL, our server will probably crash every time the head is going to drop due to the 6-8k people in Org at one time.

On a side note, what do you think phase 3 will do to the economy? I.e. I think the value of just about every raiding potion going up by at lease 70-80% of the normal raid night price.

Probably, until people start getting close to the new BiS lists, after which it will fall off again.
    RETH

maybe, I think more ppl will come back for phase 4 and ZG, just because, it resets twice a week, or every 3 days and would be super puggable. while not requiring a full dedicated 40. you can gear up in there quite easily enough. but this assumes that those ppl will also want to use that as a stepping stone to go further.

I could have waited for phase 4 but my bro wanted to play so we jumped in earlier. back in the day I only started raiding when zg was added and my guild at first could only field enough for zg, after some months we grew to 40, because of zg. it helped us gain raiders and gear ppl up for 40s. while it also gave you more reasons to log in more days of the week and not just for the 40 mans.

problem with the game right now is that all the meaningful content can be consumed in a couple of hours, so you're left with a week of grinding gold, or in my case arcane crystals. which is not super engaging.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-02-05 at 07:11 PM.

Think bwl will last even 4 hours before it's cleared?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Apparently thunderfury rng is quite strong so probably not even 4 hours.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

the bindings have been dropping more I think, the drop rates in general are strange, i've seen 3 binding and i have the one from garr, i still need barons one. with my luck it'll probably take this whole year to see it drop, i just hope i don't miss that raid for some reason.

you still have to get passed broodlord and the dragons to get enough elementium to make the sword so you'll have to kill at least 4-5 bosses before you can make a TF. I don't think you'll get enough elementium from the trash before the suppression room. even if they all drop an ore piece which they won't (you still have to learn to make the bars, and that guy might not spawn in your first raid at least i don't think he was a 100% spawn). but i do think that ppl have had plenty of time to gear up in t1, to have too many real issues with t2. maybe nefarian will be a bit challenging without clearing upto him multiple times, the first time is always the hardest it only gets easier after that because you have more gear each time. never the less it will most likely fall over on day 1. the later raids aq40 and naxx will probably not be cleared day 1. at least, I don't think they will.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-02-05 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It won't, but thats not the point. How long the raid lasts to the top 0.001% of players means literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the bindings have been dropping more I think, the drop rates in general are strange, i've seen 3 binding and i have the one from garr, i still need barons one. with my luck it'll probably take this whole year to see it drop, i just hope i don't miss that raid for some reason.

you still have to get passed broodlord and the dragons to get enough elementium to make the sword so you'll have to kill at least 4-5 bosses before you can make a TF. I don't think you'll get enough elementium from the trash before the suppression room. even if they all drop an ore piece which they won't (you still have to learn to make the bars, and that guy might not spawn in your first raid at least i don't think he was a 100% spawn). but i do think that ppl have had plenty of time to gear up in t1, to have too many real issues with t2. maybe nefarian will be a bit challenging without clearing upto him multiple times, the first time is always the hardest it only gets easier after that because you have more gear each time. never the less it will most likely fall over on day 1. the later raids aq40 and naxx will probably not be cleared day 1. at least, I don't think they will.

We're still at zero bindings, killing garr/geddon since week 3 or 4, and we started doing 2 raids a little back. Uhg.

I've got probably 3-5 raiders that dropped off of MC raiding over the past few months that have signed up for our first BWL raid. If my anecdotal evidence pans out across all servers that's only a 12% increase in players. Hardly enough to affect server lag, I think.