Poll: Worst final content patch?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hour of Twilight easily takes the cake. Worst raid in WoW history. Turned what could have been two raids on their own (End Time and Well of Eternity, aka Battle of the Ancients) into two terrible, terrible 5 mans. It's ONLY saving grace was Darkmoon Faire island, and I consider that more of a Cata content then a 4.3 specific content. But then that was the only content outside of the terrible 5 mans and the shitty raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    did ppl seriously forget the rehashed raid of cataclysm? also i didn't play Cata during its time, the raid is still miles worse than the 2nd worst raid (which is imo Malygos)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Sunwell was the epitome of timegating.

Zone was timegated and raid was timegated
    it doesn't make it worse than 4.3, it had lot of content, gated but a lot still
    we talk about pure effort done by blizz, and by that scale 4.3 is worse by miles than any other raid patch i can think, including 8.3
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I think people have forgotten how bad WoD really was.

WoD was 3 raids, no new dungeons, all garrisons and apexis.

the entire expansion was two patches!

oh right, and a selfie camera.

Like BFA is crap and I'm currently unsubbed but I even don't think it's fair to call 8.3 the worst final content patch when 6.2 was a .2 patch in a game that had regularly had 1 or more major content patches to it.
    That's more of a WoD itself being terrible overall. If you look at 6.2 all by itself, it wasn't the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Dragon soul was a horrible raid but the question is which content patch was worst not which raid. 4.3 brought a horrible raid but it also brought transmog to the game, if you never cared for transmog then I respect your opinion.
    Keep in mind that Transmog was originally slated to come in a LOT earlier then 4.3, it just kept getting pushed back over and over while they worked out all the bugs with it. So more of Cata content rather then 4.3 specific content - It was supposed to be out, I think 4.1? As the major feature of that patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

4.3 by a massive landslide. Dragon Soul is the worst raid they've ever released. End Time, Well of Eternity, Hour of Twilight were terrible dungeons. Outside of transmog and legendary daggers (only thing that kept me subbed), there is nothing about that patch that was good.

6.2 at least had a decent raid, and I'm liking 8.3 so far, but we'll see as time progresses. I don't think it's possible to be worse than 4.3. IMO that was the lowest point in WoW's history
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2020-02-08 at 06:45 PM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No, seriously....

LK HC was a good fight.. Not epic or legendary, but good.
    The rest of ICC was ranging from horrible (Gunship) to less than mediocre (pretty much all of the fights) to slightly above average (Prof Putty).

It really wasn't a good raid (in a bad expansion), and certainly not end-of-expansion material; that should have been Ulduar.
    "No seriously" Seriously what? You're never gonna be able to convince me ICC/Wrath wasn't great.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No, seriously....

LK HC was a good fight.. Not epic or legendary, but good.
    The rest of ICC was ranging from horrible (Gunship) to less than mediocre (pretty much all of the fights) to slightly above average (Prof Putty).

It really wasn't a good raid (in a bad expansion), and certainly not end-of-expansion material; that should have been Ulduar.
    Good thing you are the minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    sunwell was best, all the pvp <3
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Wow, all the people who voted 8.3 - was BfA your first expansion? Aside from Corruptions being awfully unbalanced, the patch isn't bad. Sure it isn't 7.3 but it definitely isn't the worst either.
    Idk, I'm having a hard time deciding between 4.3 and 8.3 (I didn't play 6.2 long enough to make my mind), but leaning towards 8.3 because Cata at least introduced xmog, one of my favourite features of retail WoW. 8.3 has added nothing but additional grinds on an already quite grindy xpac, and the feeling of never actually being "off the hook" has never been worse than now. Furthermore, if Torghast is going to be anything like crappy Visions, then SL will be a hard pass for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    sunwell was best, all the pvp <3
    Indeed, for some reason I had much more fun with PvP in BC than I do with the !@#$fest that is non-instanced PvP these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Cata was very bad yes, I actually quit wow at that time for about 5-7 months IIRC. My longest break ever.

But 8.3 gave us SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many bugs that was game breaking...And still many bugs.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Why did you leave out Shadow of the Necropolis 1.11?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    4.3 easily. 1 shitty raid, 2 shitty dungeons, and literally the only good content was the axed War of the Ancients raid turn dungeon. I really can't agree with people voting for 8.3 though, when comparing to 4.3.
    4.3 did have Transmog which is an awesome feature. But yeah, otherwise putting it ahead of 8.3 is little but hate bandwagoning if you ask me. Horrific Visions and Ny'alotha alone make 8.3 better than 4.3 and arguably 6.2 as well. Plus Dragon Soul's execution of LFR was... lacking at the best of times.

Poll is stupid because people will just jump on the "DAE BfA sux" negativity train and pretend like they're super cool and unique for hating the latest content patch. Meanwhile, we're judging a patch that has been out less than a month to a bunch of finished content. The thread may as well be titled "Please let the internet know why you hate 8.3."

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Lol, funny to see such opposites, 8.3 made BfA actually fun for me, better than 7.3 imo
    I'm jealous of you. I so wanted to enjoy seeing N'zoth unveiled.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Poll is stupid because people will just jump on the "DAE BfA sux" negativity train and pretend like they're super cool and unique for hating the latest content patch. Meanwhile, we're judging a patch that has been out less than a month to a bunch of finished content. The thread may as well be titled "Please let the internet know why you hate 8.3."
    8.3 is finished content, as per Ion himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why did you leave out Shadow of the Necropolis 1.11?
    Vanilla did have a radically different patch cycle than the expansions, and its final content patch was 1.12 (Drums of War) as well which only brought class changes, item updates and cross-realm Battlegrounds if memory serves.

Fall of the Lich King wasn't really the final patch.... it was Ruby Sanctum.

From best to worst imho:

7.3.5: The best content patch in wow in terms of finale content, it added 4 new races early, a miniature ending zone and epilogue to both sides, a ending to the main story and some fairly decent QoL changes, aswell as the new BG.

6.2.5: While WoD was utter trash and the game was cut too short, as a final patch, this did add more content as QoL changes go, more festivities, timewalking dungeon runs replaying old nostalgia, the previous patch was 'passable' if forgettable with the idea of trying to keep your base buildling asthetic going.

5.4: A solid but far too long finish to MoP, with a decent epilogue and ending, while still being a bit of a slog at times, timeless isles was a nice new filler and the raid was decent, but it took too long to reach WoD.

2.4: A very well built finale for TBC, but mainly focused on hardcore raiders at the time over casual raiders, most raid guilds never got to touch sunwell and while the daily isle and quest hub was decent, there was no real content outside it.

3.3.5: Mostly forgettable, there was no real content at the end of Ruby Sanctum which is a shame, it was a decent filler for Cata as a teaser but the gap was a long wait like 5.4

4.3: While it added Transmog it also added LFR, and a very lackluster raid as a final ending to the game that was promised, it rushed Cata's finale too much.

8.3: Laughably bad, despite being a content patch as thick and meaty as 7.3 it really has nothing to offer, its too samey, and equally too stagnant, with a completley forgettable end game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, 3.3.5 "Defending the Ruby Sanctum" is what I'd easily classify as the worst, but you excluded it with a caveat.

I honeslty do not understand why there are so many people who honeslty think that 8.3 is bad enough to warrant such a reaction when compared to other patches.

7.3 was widely ridiculed for making Argus a patch zone, and for the Netherlight crucible, which players hated until BfA when they decided they actually loved it. That patch was held up entirely by the mage tower being a nice benchmark for alts that was made easier with 8.3 catchup gear.

5.4 had Timeless isle, the raid and basically nothing else. And while Timeless isle was good and all for the time, it was also far less content than we got in later patches.

4.3 had jack squat outside the dungeons you did once and the raid players hated. You would htink that people have a better memory than they do.

Didnt play before then, but honestly. Are players so used to hating on BfA now that they will shit on perfectly good final patches out of spite?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Patch is in an OK state right now, the world content is a bit lacklustre. The most annoying on this Patch is the community itself tried to reroll from a Healer to a brand new DD famred all essences etc yet kept decliend from +6/+7 with gs 450 and rio 1300. will now stick to twinking as i wont want to waste evenings full of being kept declined on random groups.