The sun, the Tol'vir, Tauren and Blood elves - should the Tol'vir align horde?

I would like them to explore more of this, we see the Amathet quite prominent with sun powers, and we know so little on the Tauren and blood elf use/take on this, and if they'll connect well with these guys.

Would you say this would lean the Tol'vir towards the horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have the Rajani

Most importantly of all, the recent accord made between Ramkahen, the Explorer's League, and the Wastewander bandits sets some precedent for a siding with the Alliance. The Alliance has a lot of lion symbolism, which the Tol'vir embody and use as pets as well. The Horde, long-time enemies of the Alliance, may reject this symbolism as well.

The Tol'vir normally wouldn't like the Reliquary or the Explorer's League (although both would love the opportunity to learn from them) and would see both of these sects as grave-robbers and treasure-seekers.

The Nightborne have shown they have magical abilities that make archaeology very clean and easy, so their form of archaeology may be seen as more respectful by the Tol'vir.

The Tauren share ideals with the Tol'vir in regard of hating grave-robbers and bandits and having their tombs desecrated by outsiders.

The Tol'vir probably don't regard Goblins too well with how a lot of their efforts in Uldum played out.

The Tol'vir probably wouldn't take kindly to Vulpera ransacking them for treasure and trinkets, as is their want.

Probably a minor point, but considering the impact Deathwing had on Uldum (specifically, the Neferset), and Thrall at one point being more or less the stand-in Aspect of Earth may earn a little bit of unspoken resentment.

The Tol'vir would hate how Forsaken cannibalize (grave desecration). But not clear if they'd see them as ancestors and wise spirits like the Tauren do.

The Tol'vir would absolutely hate and revile Void Elves though - literally manifesting physically what threatened them recently.

Edit: If Vol'jin ever becomes Loa of Death, the Tol'vir may have reason to respect and/or worship him. But Trolls in general, the Tol'vir would probably frown on old methods of cannibalism. Tol'vir may relate to Zandalari, as they practice similar ritualistic burial practices.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-02-14 at 04:47 AM.

It would be cool to see more of them! I think Razion above does a great job at highlighting why both sides would be viable. This leads me to believe that we could see them on helping each faction in future content.

Though you didn't mention playable, I do want to go ahead and affirm we will not be getting Tol'Vir or anything similar as a playable race. Similarly with why we'll never see Sethrak due to modeling their helmets, Tolvir's legs would be to difficult. It would be extremely time consuming to make it a reality, having to go in and fine tune literally every pair of leggings now and in the future (or every helmet in Sethrak's case) to appear adequate on them. This would be a major undergoing and probably mean the work of two races in one, so not worth their time.

7+ Year Old Account
    No they shouldn't

Give the horde those pigmy's. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    Though you didn't mention playable, I do want to go ahead and affirm we will not be getting Tol'Vir or anything similar as a playable race. Similarly with why we'll never see Sethrak due to modeling their helmets, Tolvir's legs would be to difficult. It would be extremely time consuming to make it a reality, having to go in and fine tune literally every pair of leggings now and in the future (or every helmet in Sethrak's case) to appear adequate on them. This would be a major undergoing and probably mean the work of two races in one, so not worth their time.
    Not true. They already made it so Mechagnomes dont have pants that show, they would just do the same with Tol'vir. They don't even wear pants just a butt plate.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Since Sylvanas had control of some Tol'vir Statues and Destroyers, they could renew their bond with the Forsaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Of the two representative factions in 8.3 I'd say the Rajani Mogu are probably more aligned with the Horde than the Tol'vir of Uldum. The Mogu are martial, they revere strength of arm and ideal, and are fiercely independent - all traits the Horde tends to emphasize. That the Rajani are tractable enough to deign to work with others towards a common goal would allow them to settle in with the Horde pretty well. The Tol'vir on the other hand seem more noble if somewhat hidebound, steeped in tradition, and have a society and general outlook that makes them more suited to the Alliance's ranks in my estimation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead