Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jim Jordan (R-OH) wants to cover up his cover up.

A former Ohio State University wrestler has accused Rep. Jim Jordan of pressuring him not to corroborate his own brother’s story of alleged sexual abuse at the hands of the team’s doctor. Jordan was an assistant coach for the wrestling team in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s and has been accused of turning a blind eye to rampant sexual abuse while he was there.

The accusation came from Adam DiSabato, the brother of Mike DiSabato, who was the first former student-athlete to reveal the alleged abuse by team doctor Richard Strauss. Strauss, who died by suicide in 2005, is thought to have sexually abused more than 170 male students over two decades. In a public hearing for Ohio’s state legislature on Tuesday, Adam DiSabato condemned Jordan as a “coward” who tried to suppress the story even after his brother Mike came forward in 2018.

“Jim Jordan called me crying, crying, groveling, on the Fourth of July, begging me to go against my brother, begging me, crying for half an hour,” DiSabato said. “That’s the kind of coverups going on here.”

He said that Jordan called him repeatedly, in a panic. “I had to have my lawyer call him, telling him to stop calling me.”

Adam DiSabato said that he had also reported the abuse to Jordan, who was the assistant coach at the time, and others associated with the university’s wrestling team. “They did nothing,” he said. “They told me they went to their superiors [who] told them to be happy where we’re at and keep our mouth shut.”

DiSabato made his feelings about Jordan explicitly clear. “He’s thrown us under the bus, all of us,” he said. “He’s a coward. He’s a coward. He’s not a leader. He’s a coward.”

Jordan has repeatedly denied that he knew about the abuse, claiming at one point that his accusers were politically motivated. A spokesman for the Republican congressman also said DiSabato’s comments about the phone calls were “another lie.”

While no direct evidence has indicated that that Jordan knew of the doctor’s behavior, an official report described it as common knowledge, and three people have now said they told Jordan directly.

An internal university investigation found that a number of unnamed school officials, including coaches, trainers, and administrators, were aware of the allegations against Strauss. The doctor was suspended from his job in 1996 after a patient accused him of fondling him in an examination. Other former patients accused him of groping them, showering with them, performing oral sex on them, and touching them in other inappropriate ways during phsyical exams. Many of the alleged victims, either unaware that men could be victims of sexual abuse or too ashamed to tell the truth, joked about the “open secret” of Strauss’ predatory behavior or described it as “hazing.”

A wave of lawsuits followed after the story broke. Two named Jordan directly. In July 2018, eight former wrestlers came forward to say they knew Jordan had been aware of the allegations at the time and did nothing. Mike DiSabato said in a video that he considered Jordan “a friend” but that “he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on.” Another former wrestler alleged that Jordan had pressured the former head coach and others to cover for him.
    Everyone might be familiar with Jim's connection with a sexual abuse scandal at OSU where he allegedly helped hide the abuse of 170 students, giving him the nickname 'Gym Jordan'.

A brother of one of the victims testified that Jim called over the summer, hysterically crying, begging him to testify against his own brother.

Actions of the honorable and innocent.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ion-calls.html

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Everyone might be familiar with Jim's connection with a sexual abuse scandal at OSU where he allegedly helped hide the abuse of 170 students, giving him the nickname 'Gym Jordan'.

A brother of one of the victims testified that Jim called over the summer, hysterically crying, begging him to testify against his own brother.

Don't worry, a lot of Trump supporters are saying it doesn't matter because they are only coming forward because he defended Trump. Or why didn't they come forward sooner? This is actual Tweets from Trump and Jordan supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense why the GOP wanted Gym to help defend Trump; he has experience turning a blind eye to criminal behavior going on in front of him because it was convenient for him to do so.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    One hand washes the other, first Roger stone. now this, Lindsey Graham and McConnell both getting favors, vote and fight back.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    It makes sense why the GOP wanted Gym to help defend Trump; he has experience turning a blind eye to criminal behavior going on in front of him because it was convenient for him to do so.
    The two most vociferous defenders of Trump were Jordon and [the other guy who I can't recall ATM] and they both turn out to have literal criminal investigations hanging over them. Wonder what Trump promised them for his defense?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The two most vociferous defenders of Trump were Jordon and [the other guy who I can't recall ATM] and they both turn out to have literal criminal investigations hanging over them. Wonder what Trump promised them for his defense?
    I think it's Nunes, but then again, it could be so many others.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Is Nunes still trying to sue his own cow?

He is perfect for the Republican Party. Again, the Dems are not angels but to what the Republicans are today, he is the ideal Republican. Wasn't he an original tea bag member? Which shows his political ideology was nothing about "small government" or spending. He is more about the country changing and his hate for the other party and his party losing power.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

The GOP is the party of pedophiles and sexual predators remember these are the people who backed up, funded, rallied and supported racist pedophile Roy Moore. If anything this will increase his approval rating among the deplorables.

This is the first, second, or even third time the GOP has protected someone like this.

The two most vociferous defenders of Trump were Jordon and [the other guy who I can't recall ATM]
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Gaetz, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    This is the first, second, or even third time the GOP has protected someone like this.
    Dozenth more like.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Is Nunes still trying to sue his own cow?
    He's also suing his own mom sadly.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    And CNN if I remember correctly.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Everyone I work with loves Jim Jordan and doesn't believe any of it. They say it's all a liberal fabrication to smear him because "He keeps owning the libs".

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a parody Twitter account pretending to be his mother he's suing.

Which is still ridiculous, mind.

Reminder: Dennis Hastert was GOP Speaker of the House which put him two heart attacks away from becoming POTUS. He was the longest serving GOP speaker in US history. He was also a former wrestling coach.

He is also a pedophile.

What the fuck is it with the GOP politicians, wrestling and touching young men?

I am sure hero DoJ will show up and say nothing to see here in the usual fashion which these days means ILLEGAL SHIT DEALING WITH REPUBLICANS CERTAINLY WENT DOWN for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Reminder: Dennis Hastert was GOP Speaker of the House which put him two heart attacks away from becoming POTUS. He was the longest serving GOP speaker in US history. He was also a former wrestling coach.

He is also a pedophile.

What the fuck is it with the GOP politicians, wrestling and touching young men?
    you left off alot of GOP members wrote letters of support vouching for his character when he was caught.

You're talking about Chris Collins, rep from NY-27, the district right next to mine (I live in NY-26) in upstate NY. He's gonna be sentenced to jail in a month or so, he's already been convicted for insider trading.

He also has the distinguished honor of being the first member of Congress to endorse Donald Trump. Birds of a feather, I guess.

Edit: Also, he had the gall to run for re-election when the investigation was already public, and the rural voters of NY-27 voted him back in by 0.6% in a +11 Trump district, despite being a totally normal, reasonable Democrat in opposition, cause......Trump voters, I guess. Then he was indicted and arrested last year, and now here we are having a special election in April.