Multi Shot or Cobra Shot

Quick question for BM Hunter. I hear conflicting recommendations between Multi Shot and Cobra Shot. The two theories I keep hearing is you need to keep up MultiShot every 4ish secs as much as possible to keep Beast Cleave up regardless of number of mobs and then I hear that Multi is worthless for single target, don't bother.

Any clarification please?

I've always simply used MultiShot on 2+ targets and Cobra Shot on single targets/bosses.

THanks

3+ Year Old Account
    Multishot is just for AoE.

15+ Year Old Account
    When fighting more than 2 targets, use Multi-Shot to refresh the Beast Cleave buff on your pet while executing the rest of your rotation normally, but no more often than what is needed to keep it refreshed.

When you fight 1 target don't use Multi-Shot.

Using Multishot more often then the golden 4 second rule, is if you're close to fishing out a second Aspect of the Wild under Rapid Reload on a big pull.
    Otherwise, use advanced tool tips and notice Multishot does pitiful damage, it's only real purpose is applying and maintaining Beast Cleave.

Shade3891 above me said it more elegantly.

I'm glad you at least asked, I personally know a Hunter who doesn't use Cobra shot at all, she uses Multishot as her focus dump along with KC and it's alarmingly bad dps.

Yikes, when dealing with more than one target, I just spam multi-shot. lol I learned something, thanks OP.