Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Were you bitten by a cartoon artist recently?
    It's disappointing that someone can be so petty as to judge what type of entertainment someone else should or shouldn't like, especially by something as arbitrary as age. Next he'll be saying boys can't like My Little Pony.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-03 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    It's disappointing that someone can be so petty as to judge what type of entertainment someone else should or shouldn't like, especially by something as arbitrary as age. Next he'll be saying boys can't like My Little Pony.
    I think it is quite rare but there is nothing wrong about it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

They could just build a small town in Telogrus with unique new Void Elf architecture based on the thematic of their heritage armor (not 1 to 1, but inspired similarities). It wouldn't even have to be larger than Allerian Stronghold in Outland, as everything in the game is scaled.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    They could just build a small town in Telogrus with unique new Void Elf architecture based on the thematic of their heritage armor (not 1 to 1, but inspired similarities). It wouldn't even have to be larger than Allerian Stronghold in Outland, as everything in the game is scaled.
    I think they could put there a spiky Silvermoon over time.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I'll be honest... I am torn.

I know, I'm late, being banned because I was a moron and all but... i'm really torn. About the HE skins on the Void Elves.

At first I was exultant, because it confirmed what I had said for a long time, that the Void Elves were a failed compromise, that Blizzard knew it by now and that the HE allied-race (in this case, the skins) were a "break in case of emergency" situation.

But the thing is, I'm afraid Alliance players are in a lose-lose situation here.

People who wanted High Elves as a separate Allied Race (and I'm a aprt of this group still), we can't in good conscience say that Blizzard can easily do that now. Resources would rather go to HE customizations on Void Elves. It'd be even easier to do, after all. And why not? I've always said that Void Elf players mostly wanted this kind of customization anyway, over twisted Void-horror looks. But it doesn't necessarily mean that the High Elves proper will get any development, except if the fear of the Void Elves fans happen, as I say below.

Because people who wanted more Void Elves development since they ended liking them (sometimes against their better judgement, like myself) are also losing, because Blizzard will take notice of which looks are better received by the community. One way or another. People on the forums won't complain about Void Elves being everywhere Alliance side, but High Elves or Void Elves with High Elves skins. Meaning that it's probable that the Void Elf identity, as weak and feeble as it already was, will be subsumed by the High Elf's one.

So, basically, we could end with either the loss of the Silver Covenant and Alliance aligned High Elves or the loss of the Void Elves as a distinct subculture. And I'm both extremely happy and very sad about all of it. it's a real conundrum...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Yeah, nice try pedo-bear.
    If you're a male in your 20s+, there is no reason on God's green Earth you should be liking Disney cartoons. That just SCREAMS White van and free candy.. Stop acting like that's not true, just because you like something.. Big fuckin whoop.

"I WILL NOT respond again!" LOL! Um ok? Good. Sad ass snowflake.
    Who in the world hurt you so bad?
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Exactly! I love the ambiance and music in Telogrus! I hope that if we ever get an xpac where we head into the void to face the void lords, that Telogrus becomes a floating fortress, much like a Ren'dorei themed Dalaran and acts as the main Alliance hub for that xpac. In turn I think it would be great for the Horde to have their own Suramar-style flying fortress created by the Nightborne to act as their hub.

Not only would it show these two races actually contributing to their factions in a meaningful way, but it also gives each faction a different hub aesthetic from what we typically get. Instead of the usual human style Stormwind stone structures, or the orc style Orgrimmar iron spikes and huts, we'd get to have something different surrounding us for a change. Horde would have an elegant mini-Suramar as their hub, and Alliance would have a lavish but dark hub in the same style as Void Elf Heritage armor. I'd also see it as an opportunity for the Ren'dorei to develop their own style of architecture.
    I would like to Telogrus be some kind of holy and sacred place for Ren'dorei. It is place where they were reborn to their new existence. I can easily imagine void elves developing similar bond to Telogrus to that blood elves feel towards Sunwell. I can see it as a place of pilgrimage.

What also came to my mind, since Twilight Hammer has been once again defeated after they join N'zoth's forces, there is probably group of Twilight Hammer elves who currently feels their current employer can't promise them prosperous future. As they were members of the cult who delved into the void teachings, it could be interesting for Ren'dorei to welcome these "twilight elves" into their ranks, exchanging their knowledge of the void... and it could end up as Bastion of Twilight being the main base of operations for void elves on Azeroth, while Telogrus being the sacred heart of their community, hidden and protected from most of races of Azeroth...
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-06-08 at 04:39 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I would like to Telogrus be some kind of holy and sacred place for Ren'dorei. It is place where they were reborn to their new existence. I can easily imagine void elves developing similar bond to Telogrus to that blood elves feel towards Sunwell. I can see it as a place of pilgrimage.

What also came to my mind, since Twilight Hammer has been once again defeated after they join N'zoth's forces, there is probably group of Twilight Hammer elves who currently feels their current employer can't promise them prosperous future. As they were members of the cult who delved into the void teachings, it could be interesting for Ren'dorei to welcome these "twilight elves" into their ranks, exchanging their knowledge of the void... and it could end up as Bastion of Twilight being the main base of operations for void elves on Azeroth, while Telogrus being the sacred heart of their community, hidden and protected from most of races of Azeroth...
    wouldn't also hurt to have some former True Horde Blackrock orcs as NPCs too for extra flavor
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I think I'd rather go with Twilight Hammer being the Void Elves done bad, in a sense, with Umbric and the others particularly disdaignful of them, you know ? After all, most of the rank and file of the TH was rather weak-willed.

But the addition of former TH Elves could open the way for Void Elves Shamans. Which would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I think I'd rather go with Twilight Hammer being the Void Elves done bad, in a sense, with Umbric and the others particularly disdaignful of them, you know ? After all, most of the rank and file of the TH was rather weak-willed.

But the addition of former TH Elves could open the way for Void Elves Shamans. Which would be great.
    Ren'dorei shaman... now we are finaly talking about proper dark shaman fantasy. I like it.

Well, I guess most of the TH were weak-willed individuals who are basicly brainwashed during their innitiation. I also think it is a cult where ambitious and smart persons could make pretty nice career, having influence over numerous underlings.

Anyway, void elves going bad is now kind of dead possibility. The best chance for that was during rise of Nyalotha, considering we had Old God free of his prison, but void elves succumbed to his whispers only in Visions, which are actually N'zoth's fantasies "what would be cool if I win". While it would be good for the story of void elves seeing some actually fall to madness, the problem is that besides Alleria and Umbric, we have no other notable void elf character. To have proper impact on players, you need to build some feelings toward characters before you doom them, so inventing brand new characters only to let them fall into madness is not that great at all.

Well, what a shame no notable blood elf character went void elf route. I believe Aethas could be actually natural choice, especially given his conversation with Khadgar on Vindicaar, while they ponder about cosmic forces at play and to be honest, he has almost no fanbase among Horde players. Also, Valeera would make excellent ren'dorei, given her stealthy and shady job

Ren'dorei shaman... now we are finaly talking about proper dark shaman fantasy. I like it.

Well, I guess most of the TH were weak-willed individuals who are basicly brainwashed during their innitiation. I also think it is a cult where ambitious and smart persons could make pretty nice career, having influence over numerous underlings.

Anyway, void elves going bad is now kind of dead possibility. The best chance for that was during rise of Nyalotha, considering we had Old God free of his prison, but void elves succumbed to his whispers only in Visions, which are actually N'zoth's fantasies "what would be cool if I win". While it would be good for the story of void elves seeing some actually fall to madness, the problem is that besides Alleria and Umbric, we have no other notable void elf character. To have proper impact on players, you need to build some feelings toward characters before you doom them, so inventing brand new characters only to let them fall into madness is not that great at all.

Well, what a shame no notable blood elf character went void elf route. I believe Aethas could be actually natural choice, especially given his conversation with Khadgar on Vindicaar, while they ponder about cosmic forces at play and to be honest, he has almost no fanbase among Horde players. Also, Valeera would make excellent ren'dorei, given her stealthy and shady job
    I'd certainly welcome Velf Shamans, as well a Druids

The thing with Aethas is that he's very much opposed to the alliance since the Silver Covenant was the main force behind the Purge of Dalaran
    Valeera however could be interesting but it would have a huge risk, storywise she might stay away from that path as she's had experience with Kathra'natir that might turn her off to powers that try to control her mind

I'll be honest... I am torn.

I know, I'm late, being banned because I was a moron and all but... i'm really torn. About the HE skins on the Void Elves.

At first I was exultant, because it confirmed what I had said for a long time, that the Void Elves were a failed compromise, that Blizzard knew it by now and that the HE allied-race (in this case, the skins) were a "break in case of emergency" situation.

But the thing is, I'm afraid Alliance players are in a lose-lose situation here.

People who wanted High Elves as a separate Allied Race (and I'm a aprt of this group still), we can't in good conscience say that Blizzard can easily do that now. Resources would rather go to HE customizations on Void Elves. It'd be even easier to do, after all. And why not? I've always said that Void Elf players mostly wanted this kind of customization anyway, over twisted Void-horror looks. But it doesn't necessarily mean that the High Elves proper will get any development, except if the fear of the Void Elves fans happen, as I say below.

Because people who wanted more Void Elves development since they ended liking them (sometimes against their better judgement, like myself) are also losing, because Blizzard will take notice of which looks are better received by the community. One way or another. People on the forums won't complain about Void Elves being everywhere Alliance side, but High Elves or Void Elves with High Elves skins. Meaning that it's probable that the Void Elf identity, as weak and feeble as it already was, will be subsumed by the High Elf's one.

So, basically, we could end with either the loss of the Silver Covenant and Alliance aligned High Elves or the loss of the Void Elves as a distinct subculture. And I'm both extremely happy and very sad about all of it. it's a real conundrum...
    I must admit that I like void elves more and I wouldn't like them to be consumed by high elves. That being said, if Alliance gets lawful good elves, then maybe blood elves can regain their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think it would be a great place! much void energy

Mmm, I do dig the idea of VElves taking over Twilight's Hammer bases. BDE to go all "we ARE the real children of the Void sweaty, not just wannabes" I just don't care much for the Twilight's Hammer actual architecture, but with some good assets like furniture, banners, lamps, candles, etc, it could work, really well!

So I am really kinda into it, and not gonna lie, would be great on a world revamp hah!

But I do think that overall I want to see Telogrus expanded as an actual city/hub. Feels it could work best to really showcase their otherworldly and scholarly nature; But, if they are pivoted as actually wanting to settle on Azeroth and have more political goals, I do think they could settle on olf TW holdings, or, reclaim Quel'lithien, and retake that small area of previously Thalassian territory as theirs.

3+ Year Old Account
    the two mindwiped brainwashed Blood Elves in the Bazaar could be too
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Even if it is complete impossible, I'd rather have new hub with new kind of Thalassian architecture instead of few props placed on an old Twilight's Hammer instance from Cata.

As mutch as I want Rift Blade to be a reskinned paladin, I would take shaman instead any day as a dark shaman,

I LOVE Void Elves, but its kinda dull that we only have monk as a multi-role

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the two mindwiped brainwashed Blood Elves in the Bazaar could be too
    They could work but I'd like to see other characters such as Albassador Onyxraven to be fleshed out !

Sometimes I wonder if I should try to send short stories to Blizzard. Is that even legally allowed ?
    Last edited by Manariel; 2020-06-09 at 12:05 PM.

They could work but I'd like to see other characters such as Albassador Onyxraven to be fleshed out !

Sometimes I wonder if I should try to send short stories to Blizzard. Is that even legally allowed ?
    Sure it is. You can publish non-canon stories as long as they are not for profit, and you can send Blizzard whatever you want.

-------------------

Anyway, when void elves came around, I posted on the forums some ideas to improve them. Among those, it was to cast a small cast of named characters that converted to void elves. I was going with:
    - Auric Sunchaser (leader of the converted high elves, butts heads with Umbric about safety with dealing with the void)
    - Priest Ennas and Lyria Skystrider: Priest trainers; Exiled by the Magisters. Seek to guide the void elves and recruit more blood elves.
    - Summoner Nolric: Warlock trainer; converted to study the void.
    - Theloria Shadecloak: Rogue trainer. Leader of the Ghostblades.
    - Taela Everstride: Hunter trainer. Leader of the Umbral Rangers.
    - Kriss Goldenlight: Monk trainer. Still a high elf.
    - Ros'eleth: Supporter, still a High elf.

Still need a warrior trainer, thought...
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Mmm, I do dig the idea of VElves taking over Twilight's Hammer bases. BDE to go all "we ARE the real children of the Void sweaty, not just wannabes" I just don't care much for the Twilight's Hammer actual architecture, but with some good assets like furniture, banners, lamps, candles, etc, it could work, really well!

So I am really kinda into it, and not gonna lie, would be great on a world revamp hah!

But I do think that overall I want to see Telogrus expanded as an actual city/hub. Feels it could work best to really showcase their otherworldly and scholarly nature; But, if they are pivoted as actually wanting to settle on Azeroth and have more political goals, I do think they could settle on olf TW holdings, or, reclaim Quel'lithien, and retake that small area of previously Thalassian territory as theirs.
    I think Twilight Citadel is a perfect place to build a capital for void elves

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Anyway, when void elves came around, I posted on the forums some ideas to improve them. Among those, it was to cast a small cast of named characters that converted to void elves. I was going with:
    - Auric Sunchaser (leader of the converted high elves, butts heads with Umbric about safety with dealing with the void)
    - Priest Ennas and Lyria Skystrider: Priest trainers; Exiled by the Magisters. Seek to guide the void elves and recruit more blood elves.
    -
    Summoner Nolric: Warlock trainer; converted to study the void.
    - Theloria Shadecloak: Rogue trainer. Leader of the Ghostblades.
    - Taela Everstride: Hunter trainer. Leader of the Umbral Rangers.
    - Kriss Goldenlight: Monk trainer. Still a high elf.
    - Ros'eleth: Supporter, still a High elf.

Still need a warrior trainer, thought...
    These characters actually makes sense. When void elves came around, I had idea of some "ren'dorei propaganda" going on in Silvermoon. Players actually could find gathering of elves on some remote places of Silvermoon or perhaps Eversong as well. You know, there are many corners in Silvermoon, many barren houses, etc. When a horde player approach these elves, he would hear little from their conversation and then when he is noticed, the crowd disperses.

At the same time, I would like to see some ren'dorei gatherings in Alliance cities. You know, Slaughtered Lamb is a place of open-minded people with similar beliefs... Unfurtunately, the only thing we got is a priest advising us to get away from Stormwind Cathedral...