Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People put way too much emphasis on that dialogue at the Church (obviously the priests and religious fanatics would be wary of the presence of Ren'dorei). Aside from that, you see Ren'dorei chatting and walking with every other allied race, Umbric has developed a friendship with Wyrmbane and Shandris, and Alleria obviously is respected as a leader equal to all the other allied members, and has developed a close alliance with Mekkatorque (as can be seen at the Battle of Lordaeron). The Ren'dorei have fit very well in the Alliance, in spite of their condition.

They are not the "Forsaken of the Alliance", basically. They are in good terms with pretty much every other Alliance race. Even the Lightforged! As I was saying, in Stormwind you have Ren'dorei and Lightforged chatting and walking together.

That's also why I am scared of Alleria and Turalyon working together, hopefully nothing happens in the novel that causes a fallout between these two races.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-13 at 06:17 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Being exiled from Silvermoon and forced to live in Scourge-infested wilderness probably hardened Umbric, made him more grizzled. He could've lived years in the wilds, having to cope with the harsh conditions however he could, so perhaps that's why he's so sympathetic of the poor despite being an old Magister (having been born before the Troll Wars). Speaking of Umbric, I really enjoyed his interactions with Shandris and Wyrmbane, he seems like a very friendly leader and I hope they develop him more in the future. He also showed a darker side in the Zuldazar campaign, when he decided to defile the corpses of sacred dinosaurs to demoralize the Zandalari. He could be an interesting morally grey hero
    Blizzard need to give us more informations about Umbric and his followers. Are they truly just a small team of researchers or where they something far larger than first assumed. A lot of them are civilians (Rauvir, most of the other named NPC of Stormwind and elsewhere) and even have a diplomatic envoy - and I doubt Umbric would dispatch someone he doesn't fully trust to do that very important work.

So, how long was he and his group in the Ghostlands ? How did he sustain them, especially once they had reached Telogrus ? How are they all reacting to being ren'dorei ? What do they want in the future ?

Those are very important questions that need answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Blizzard need to give us more informations about Umbric and his followers. Are they truly just a small team of researchers or where they something far larger than first assumed. A lot of them are civilians (Rauvir, most of the other named NPC of Stormwind and elsewhere) and even have a diplomatic envoy - and I doubt Umbric would dispatch someone he doesn't fully trust to do that very important work.

So, how long was he and his group in the Ghostlands ? How did he sustain them, especially once they had reached Telogrus ? How are they all reacting to being ren'dorei ? What do they want in the future ?

Those are very important questions that need answers.
    Magisters are wealthy aristocrats of Silvermoon, maybe those Ren'dorei civilians were part of Umbric's household, he could've brought them along to serve him in his research.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-13 at 01:44 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It'd make some extremely populous household, and seeing how Umbric was shunned by a lot of Blood Elves, I doubt all of his followed him.

I guess the rangers, rogues and other warriors were probably martial inclined individual who shared his goal to better bolster the defenses of Silvermoon, even by using the Void. But civilians with hardly anything to bring to the table ?

Well, it seems strange to me. I need to know why they were here and how did they make themselves useful since Umbric's team was probably terribly supplied, being both exiled and in the Ghostlands !

Firstly, I wish void elves could shift out of their void form like Alleria.

I get the whole mutation thing, I just wish that mutation didn't make them into purple blood elves.
    It'd be way cooler if they had like black void eyes and perhaps certain limbs that are partially transparent or something akin to the ethereal, would feel alot more like void mutation.

Their current look does not scream "void" to me at all, they look like shorter night elves.. If anything Alleria's void form looks much better.
    Last edited by Grythletubs; 2020-02-13 at 08:14 PM.

They should get the option to either switch back to their normal elf form or to keep the visual effect of Entropic Embrace even after the proc has ended.

Even if Void Elves are not a core race, hopefully they will receive additional customization options (since they are one of the most played Alliance races, despite not being a core one).

There should also be many more hairstyles with or without tentacles (50/50) to satisfy all players who love void elves.
    I prefer without the tentacles in my hair and I don't think I'm the only one.

And it turned into a we want our high elves with pure white skin for alliance thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    They should get the option to either switch back to their normal elf form or to keep the visual effect of Entropic Embrace even after the proc has ended.

Even if Void Elves are not a core race, hopefully they will receive additional customization options (since they are one of the most played Alliance races, despite not being a core one).
    I originally thought Void Elves would get Alleria's void form in their proc, but nope. Blizz had to make it "less cool" even though we've basically surpassed our leaders at this point (and will do in Shadowlands).

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I originally thought Void Elves would get Alleria's void form in their proc, but nope. Blizz had to make it "less cool" even though we've basically surpassed our leaders at this point (and will do in Shadowlands).
    All allied races had lacking customization options anyway, it's not really an issue of the Void Elves specifically. Just look at Nightborne and LF Draenei with their pathetic 3 skin tones. I guess they are keeping these more elaborate options for when they inevitably extend the customization rework to the allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    And it turned into a we want our high elves with pure white skin for alliance thread.
    No, it turned into a "we want our Void Elf to be able to switch back to their elven form like Alleria can" thread.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-14 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of Void Elves and other "allied" races is to add more character customization options without much commitment down the road.

As such I don't expect much improvements both in the visuals and lore department. Visuals will get some stuff inherited from Belves, but lore will likely be relegated to some minor events at least until Void Lords expansion.

Are there any interactions between lightforged and velves? I feel like that has a lot of potential for internal conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Everyone hates on blood elves and now night elves yet more people seem to play them than any other race. Something doesn't add up here!

Both races are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Are there any interactions between lightforged and velves? I feel like that has a lot of potential for internal conflict.
    There are Ren'dorei and LF draenei chatting and walking together in Stormwind, so they seem to be on friendly terms. Also Alleria and Turalyon will be working together in Shadows' Rising to hunt down Sylvanas. There might be conflict in the future, but so far there is no indication of animosity between the two races.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-14 at 01:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Everyone hates on blood elves and now night elves yet more people seem to play them than any other race. Something doesn't add up here!

Both races are awesome.
    Because what you see on forums like here, and even on official blizzard ones are majorly minorities of the playerbase.

Elves themselves tend to be the most popular non-human race across all fantasy genres, it is only a given they're just as popular within World of Warcraft.

But many on online forums try to act like it's inconceivable how elves are so popular, even the ones who say this turn out sometimes to be playing elves themselves. Very ironic.

Anyways, elves will always be popular in fantasy genres and those who don't like them are as minor as people in the US who go to McDonalds and don't like their fries.

Today I discovered there was a certain Magister Crystalynn who died in the Drustvar Faction Assaults. I never knew there was another Ren'dorei with the rank of Magister. It's actually kind of sad that this was just a one-note mob with 2 lines, because she should have been a very important character, being equal to Magister Umbric in rank.

In my opinion they made the void elves a bit too consequential for an allied race.

I like the idea of the allied races. I like the idea of some extra customization options as a reward. I think they shouldn't be so extensive as to feel mandatory though. A few extra skin options, a unique experience etc. Maybe not even a unique racial, just one with a little different flavor. I think the lightborn were about the ideal. They are a unique look, but don't feel so unique that griding the rep was mandatory. It was just a neat reward if you did. Kul'tirans, Zandalar trolls, moose tauren, all were in a similar decent spot.

On the other hand, voidborne give the alliance the "elf" look they've been trying to get for a long time, and this void tinged race has enormous lore implications. Their story might be as important or moreso than what made the blood elves with their fel origins (they got better, except them damned warlocks and demonhunters). It feels a little big for a companion race that is supposed to be a reward for grinding some optional stuff.

The high-night-elf-born kind of suffer from a similar issue.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    As much as i hate void elves (and i do hate them) the one good thing is they have the potential to become something cool. Make them more like dark elves. Have the void corruption start to fuck with there minds.
    Tbh that would actually make me enjoy them. I've long been longing for a playable Dark Elf race (no, Night Elves are not Dark Elves), but at this moment Void Elves are way too "good" for me to like them. My hope for playable San'layn, who would perfectly fill that niche is pretty much gone because of the introduction of the Venthyr, who would probably take their spot as the playable "vampire" race if we ever get one. Part of me thinks they're only there to shut the "not another Elf" crowd up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Tbh that would actually make me enjoy them. I've long been longing for a playable Dark Elf race (no, Night Elves are not Dark Elves), but at this moment Void Elves are way too "good" for me to like them. My hope for playable San'layn, who would perfectly fill that niche is pretty much gone because of the introduction of the Venthyr, who would probably take their spot as the playable "vampire" race if we ever get one. Part of me thinks they're only there to shut the "not another Elf" crowd up.
    The Ren'dorei are not evil but they are still morally grey. In Zuldazar, Magister Umbric defiles the corpses of sacred dinosaurs to instill fear in the hearts of the Zandalari. He is wise and tries to do the right thing, but does not shy away from using cruel tactics to win. Thus, I think Magister Umbric is one of the few morally grey characters the Alliance's ever had.

I think a lot of people mistakes morally grey character with amoral characters, people who could do good or bad things on a whim. To me, a morally grey character is someone who use dubious or even evil actions but believe it to be necessary to achieve a greater good - and a lot of other peoples must agree with his goals, not necessarily his means.

In that regard, Umbric definitively is a morally grey character.

All in all, the assaults are very interesting, when fought on both sides, because they highlights the strengths and flaws of the factions. In the case of the Void Elves, they have access to a lot of very powerful spells and magics. But they are also over-confident, and easily misled by the whispers and visions of the Void. When you kill one, they often act surprised because it wasn't what they saw/learnt from the Void. Which indicated to me that they do have a tendency to believe what they want instead of scouring the Void's visions more thoroughly.

It seems really important to me, because it indicates that some of them could be eaisly tricked into committing horrible actions because of it, or expose the flanks of their allies, should they misjudge the future they envisioned.