Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guys remember when illidan died?

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    there is no anger on my side, only disappointment...
    whatever their thought process, the cinematic just shows your character doing the same thing thrall did but with a lesser sacrifice. And the wiping of every traces of the old gold is just to easy, too clean. Consequences are good, but here the aftermath is non existent.
    You say every trace, while the game says the whispers did not stop.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Hes removed from the story until he either comes back, or the game ends and he was completely forgotten about.

That applies to characters who have died, or who have been "dealt with"
    Yes, he's absent from the current storyline. Not dead. They don't mean the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Correction, Sargeras is/was afraid of the void lords, not the old gods.
    And the Old Gods by extension. His whole crusade and corruption was because he was afraid of what Old Gods could do to world souls and what the consequences would be. He wasn't afraid of their direct power, but he sure went around frantically cutting up planets to avoid an Old God being able to corrupt one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!

Are you guys really dense enough that substituting a tower for a wall (even though we also see a prominent tower crumble at the start of the WoW scene) is enough to throw you off? The differences that both of you mentioned, and that I already addressed, are pretty minor superficial changes. The music, the imagery of the crumbling eyeball structures that then explode, and the setting are extraordinarily similar between the two scenes. If you guys aren't being totally dishonest then that's genuinely terrifying to me that you can't see how much the WoW scene blatantly copies the Lord of the Rings scene.

There is a big difference between a story that borrows universal themes and archetypes, and a story outright steals from others. I have 0 doubts that Blizzard meant it as a homage, but when you just rip an entire scene and use part of it as your grand finale for an expansion, it's cheap af. This is not a case of "every story has already been told/Simpsons did it".
    It was an homage. Blizzard also used to have (not sure if they are still in there) quests that were direct “rip offs,” or homages if you will, to Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back in Winterspring with a Human being in a cave with a Wendigo and a robot sitting outside of the cave. They also have multiple other references to other genres thru the game.
    So yeah, when I saw the cinematic I definitely was hit with Return of the King vibes, but given Blizzard’s track record it’s not like I was going “oh my god Blizzard you lazy rip off using hacks!” It was more just that I am accustomed to what Blizzard does in their stories and writing. After all, it’s kind of fitting that an Old God who is all about eyes being everywhere (shit, it’s even on our armor) would have one on a building and Blizzard could easily homage RotK with the iconic Sauron’s eye over the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And the Old Gods by extension. His whole crusade and corruption was because he was afraid of what Old Gods could do to world souls and what the consequences would be. He wasn't afraid of their direct power, but he sure went around frantically cutting up planets to avoid an Old God being able to corrupt one.
    Nicely explained, I liked it ^^. Exactly that, he was afraid of the result of leaving them alone doing what they wanted, not what they could do directly to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yes, he's absent from the current storyline. Not dead. They don't mean the same thing.
    in the wow universe, again, that is the same thing.

if you are not in the story, you are as good as dead.
    there is characters who are alive, that have not been in the story for over a decade, yet character who died come back in shorter time...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It was an homage. Blizzard also used to have (not sure if they are still in there) quests that were direct “rip offs,” or homages if you will, to Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back in Winterspring with a Human being in a cave with a Wendigo and a robot sitting outside of the cave. They also have multiple other references to other genres thru the game.
    So yeah, when I saw the cinematic I definitely was hit with Return of the King vibes, but given Blizzard’s track record it’s not like I was going “oh my god Blizzard you lazy rip off using hacks!” It was more just that I am accustomed to what Blizzard does in their stories and writing. After all, it’s kind of fitting that an Old God who is all about eyes being everywhere (shit, it’s even on our armor) would have one on a building and Blizzard could easily homage RotK with the iconic Sauron’s eye over the tower.
    I don't see the problem of it, it's iconic and means that something really bad has ended, but in this case, WE don't have real peace like in return of the king.

My god people just jump at the most stupid stuff, and hey I actually didn't like the cinematic but because of one reason, it didn't had a more fulfilling ending and that's it. my problem is not that they took a lot of reference from Return of the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?
    Because N'zoth and the black empire alone deserved a xpac alone. Because theres alot of lore++ connected to the old gods. Because the old gods is one of the few things that are our enemies on a big scale. Because after all that grinding for a neckpiece, players deserved a much cooler cinematic. Whole 8.3 is a waste of potential and it sucks.

I wonder if so many people have been driven away from WoW and MMO-Champion through that that a good portion of the people who remain will defend Blizzard regardless.

I really have no idea how much worse they could do for a finale apart from just not giving any at all. And I mean, if they did that, I'm sure that even then there would be people who would be like "You aren't owed any!" "Nobody said every expansion ending and final raid would have an actual finale!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Not a 30 second piece of shit Return of the King ripoff that's for sure.

But hey 1.6k likes and 15k dislikes can't be wrong right?

Blizzard are capable of far better than this and they know they don't have to be because white knights and shills will fucking eat it all up and say to them they can do no wrong. It's a damn joke what the company has become.

8.3 overall for me was the straw that broke the camels back and that cinematic was the cherry on the shit sundae. I fucking love Blizzard and have done since the days of Brood War but they just aren't the same company anymore.
    I'm not saying people are wrong. Not sure what gives you that idea. I'm saying people are hyping it up but to me it is the ending it was built up to be. I ask you then. What would a proper ending be that includes the build up?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    to think there is actually people who are defending all of this, astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    illidan died in tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I'm not saying people are wrong. Not sure what gives you that idea. I'm saying people are hyping it up but to me it is the ending it was built up to be. I ask you then. What would a proper ending be that includes the build up?
    Because every fucking past xpac had an exhilarating, exciting and awesome ending.

Fuck off with blaming the players for Blizzards shit work with that "hyping it up crap". Blizzard can do more, they know they can but as long as they've got shills on the hook they can get away with shit tier quality aka BFA. A 30 second Kamehameha for an Old God that's been hyped up/setting itself up for years is a fucking joke.

A proper ending? Us trying to get the fuck outta there and N'zoth having one last try at us where we then Kamehameha his ass. Ripping off RotK is fine. The way it was done isn't. They could have easily made a proper 3 minute cinematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You're surprised. Blizzard has their core little bunch of white knights who would accept the next expansion if it was a piece of shit that Blue Screened your pc whenever you hit enter world.

Blizzard wonder why people are leaving their games in a large pile it's because of shit like this. They've caused so much problems and controversy for themselves as of late that it's just.... sad to say the least.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-13 at 08:22 AM.

Because every fucking past xpac had an exhilarating, exciting and awesome ending.
    Well, I mean I don't think "DRAENOR IS FREE!" was that stellar, but that was WoD, and even that got more than 20 seconds of Lord of the Rings "homage" as an ending. Plus the stuff that came before with Archimonde and Gul'dan was still cool and intriguing and left me wondering what would come next. Ny'alotha's finale is just "Boop. N'Zoth dead, Ny'alotha gone. That's all folks."

Fuck off with blaming the players for Blizzards shit work with that "hyping it up crap". Blizzard can do more, they know they can but as long as they've got shills on the hook they can get away with shit tier quality aka BFA. A 30 second Kamehameha for an Old God that's been hyped up/setting itself up for years is a fucking joke.
    What would a proper ending be that includes the build up? I'm asking for something tangible. You are mad I get it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Did you read the books and understand why the titans couldn't just "kill" the old gods ya?
    The cinematic, though fairly mediocre, killed the old god in a way where it fits within the conventions set up in-universe.

This cinematic is no more/less disappointing than watching tirion fordring bubble the ice block and terenas jumping out of the sword.

I'm not defending *this* cinematic, but if you think that this quality is abhorrent for an end-expansion cinematic, you haven't been paying attention.

ThErE MuST alWayS bE a LicH KiNG pepega

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?
    It's not what happened, but HOW it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, I mean I don't think "DRAENOR IS FREE!" was that stellar, but that was WoD, and even that got more than 20 seconds of Lord of the Rings "homage" as an ending. Plus the stuff that came before with Archimonde and Gul'dan was still cool and intriguing and left me wondering what would come next. Ny'alotha's finale is just "Boop. N'Zoth dead, Ny'alotha gone. That's all folks."
    Scroll back.

That's why I didn't include Draenor in what I listed earlier. That was another shit tier ending because WoD was a cobbled together mess.

A proper ending? Us trying to get the fuck outta there and N'zoth having one last try at us where we then Kamehameha his ass. Ripping off RotK is fine. The way it was done isn't. They could have easily made a proper 3 minute cinematic.

- - - Updated - - -

You're surprised. Blizzard has their core little bunch of white knights who would accept the next expansion if it was a piece of shit that Blue Screened your pc whenever you hit enter world.

Blizzard wonder why people are leaving their games in a large pile it's because of shit like this. They've caused so much problems and controversy for themselves as of late that it's just.... sad to say the least.
    And you have the people rage fellating ion hazzikostas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJxapWB_G3k