10+ Year Old Account
    Let's have some fun while we're bored and waiting for the start:

DRAFT PREDICTIONS!

The top 2 picks are already certain. Burrow and Young.

Lions will trade down with the Dolphins, who trade up to pick Tua

Giants pick a tackle, but he ends up being the worst of the lot when we look back in 3 years

Lions still end up with the corner they wanted at 5

Chargers charger and do NOT pick a QB

The Jags pick baffles everyone

Tampa trades up for a OT, going all in on the Brady window

Jerrah is at the wheel for the Cowboys and his pick....is surprisingly good.

Philly takes a WR and probably even trade up to get the one they want.

Seattle trades out of the first round completely as per tradition.

The Patriots trade down first.

Patriots pick an OT, Linebacker or Safety with their first pick.

30 min to go! LFG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders take a reciever at 12, unless the stars align and Isaiah Simmons falls (he won't)

They'll shop their 2nd pick for a late 1st and a 2nd, they'll then draft secondary.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Oh man, who's up for some cheesy "Welcome to the family" vibes for the next few hours?

Denver takes a WR because it is never a mystery who Elway wants to pick in the 1st round.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Have you guys been watching the New England games the past couple years? Brady is already in decline, not only will he be worse this year than he was last, but the drop off will be bigger compared to the year previous. That is just how aging works. What will he and Gronkowski do when 10 weeks into the season they are 3-6 and the Patriots are sitting pretty on top of the AFC East at 7-2?

This is basically the biggest risk Brady could have taken for his legacy. If he doesn't win big all the credit suddenly goes to Belichick and he was now just the beneficiary of one of the best coaches in history. He's going to a team that finds ways to suck when they should be doing well and has been doing that consistently for the better part of 20 years, why would a past his prime quarter back (definitely no way near the best in the league any more, not even in the same tier as the current best) and a tight end who hasn't played a snap in two years suddenly change that?
    Last year people were blaming the receivers for the Patriots, but I was like it isn't the receivers, Brady just wasn't on the same page as everyone else. He isn't the Brady of 07 or other years. Will he be good? Maybe, but I can't see him. And people are excited Gronk will be playing with him again ... Gronk was a glass cannon for most of his career in the NFL.

Also, we will get to see next year whether it was Brady, Belichick or the fact they were together that made the difference.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

How are we 11 minutes into this draft and the Bengals haven't even gone on the clock yet?

- - - Updated - - -

I see they're rolling out the MNF graphics teams.

Only took almost 30 minutes for the first pick that everyone knew was going to happen. Not sure why they can't just announce it as soon as it starts, they have been on the clock since early last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually watch NFL Network coverage, but looks like they're just rebroadcasting ESPN so I'm out.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I usually watch NFL Network coverage, but looks like they're just rebroadcasting ESPN so I'm out.
    ESPN and NFLN have teamed up. Both teams together are doing 1 draft coverage.

Also, Lions on the clock, now the draft REALLY begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    ESPN and NFLN have teamed up. Both teams together are doing 1 draft coverage.

Also, Lions on the clock, now the draft REALLY begins.
    The important takeaway is being stuck with Kiper, which I do not want.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The important takeaway is being stuck with Kiper, which I do not want.
    I believe ABC is doing their own coverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I believe ABC is doing their own coverage.
    Nope. ABC just rebroadcasts ESPN usually. They have this same braodcast now too.

It's either watching Mel Kiper and co. or nothing. Could listen to the radio or something I guess or some outfit that doesn;t have official tape, but just a group of people talking (I know a bunch of online only groups are doing this).

- - - Updated - - -

2-1 on my predictions so far. Let's see if I can nail the 3rd with Tua going to the Dolphins.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now the biggest pick of the night. Tua, Herbert, or Tank for Trevor.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Meh Giants really high on OT now it seems... I already know they prob won’t draft Simmons, but yeah this is not too terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Herbert. He doesn't stand a chance in LA.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

As usual, the need for QBs pushing some top 5 talent down the board. Good stuff for those people who wanna trade out of 7-9. Bad news for people looking for QBs.

(Also bad news for Josh Rosen.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As usual, the need for QBs pushing some top 5 talent down the board. Good stuff for those people who wanna trade out of 7-9. Bad news for people looking for QBs.

(Also bad news for Josh Rosen.)
    Some team is going to get twitchy and trade up to select Love, cause he's the only QB left. Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Poor Herbert. He doesn't stand a chance in LA.
    He isn't very good anyway. Isaiah Simmons is the one I feel sorry for, he has to play for Mr Time of his Life.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Some team is going to get twitchy and trade up to select Love, cause he's the only QB left. Bank on it.
    At this rate, Hurts may even go in round 1.

Oh wow so Carolina didn't draft Simmons and Cardinals got him??? Cardinals might be the dark horse next season, that offense line with Hopkin, then you have that defense line with Chandler Jones, Simmons, this is ridiculous...