Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Imagine how Europe feels 17 weeks a year with 3 games starting at 1am or later

Our mid afternoon Sunday games give us joy. We get 3 games out of four that day at reasonable hours.
    I"m still wondering if there is a way to create a Europe division(s) or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    As an EU pleb I love them. Only games I can decently watch live.
    I"m still wondering if there is a way to create a Europe division(s) or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    As an EU pleb I love them. Only games I can decently watch live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We tried that, it was called NFL Europe.

It was popular for a few seasons and then died, it was the NFLs version of the minor leagues.

What you would need to do to make a European league successful is abolish the AFC and NFC, move half the teams to Europe, have a US and an EU conference and base the Superbowl off that.

This will never happen.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

We tried that, it was called NFL Europe.

It was popular for a few seasons and then died, it was the NFLs version of the minor leagues.

What you would need to do to make a European league successful is abolish the AFC and NFC, move half the teams to Europe, have a US and an EU conference and base the Superbowl off that.

This will never happen.
    I'm not talking minors leagues. Same league. London and Berlin would be NFL teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking minors leagues. Same league. London and Berlin would be NFL teams.
    Yeah, you need at least 4 teams to relocate their franchises for a European division, 8 to have one in each conference, or 16 for a whole conference based in Europe.

We'll be amazed if we get the Jaguars here, let alone anyone else.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nflpa has agreed to vote on a revised cba. The pay cap for the 17th game was removed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah, you need at least 4 teams to relocate their franchises for a European division, 8 to have one in each conference, or 16 for a whole conference based in Europe.

We'll be amazed if we get the Jaguars here, let alone anyone else.
    Or just expand the league by that many! More football!!

- - - Updated - - -

Tom Brady to the Raiders??
    https://www.espn.com/blog/las-vegas-...dy-should-they

Too bad it won't happen. We could really see if he is the GOAT or just a system QB that got in the right team and system.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    How exactly did the Chargers get to be in sixth place for Super Bowl odds? They were 5 - 11 last year and are probably losing one of the leagues elite quarterbacks.
    The Chargers have a lot of talent because they are one of the best teams at drafting in the NFL. Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram are one of the best pass rush duos in the NFL. Rivers was pretty bad in 2019 so an upgrade there will help a lot. Its still a team that lost a slew of games by less than 1 score. Massive bad luck and a bad QB led to a 5-11 record.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad it won't happen. We could really see if he is the GOAT or just a system QB that got in the right team and system.
    As much as it would vindicate my lost bet avatar, it won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

- - - Updated - - -

First off, playing on another team does not disprove system QB or not. Systems aren't just head coach and their system.

Also, given all the variations that Tom Brady has played in with patriots, it is silly to call it a single "system."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/NFL_ChrisReiss/s...852713472?s=19

For those not watching the combine, these two are straight up the highlight reel for the next decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/NFL_ChrisReiss/s...852713472?s=19

For those not watching the combine, these two are straight up the highlight reel for the next decade.
    Its tough, because I would love to see a trade up to get them, but at the same time its one of the deepest WR groups ever, so sitting and waiting can get you a good player too. Not sure what the better decision would be.
    /s

If Giants don't draft Isaiah Simmons or Mehki Becton ima gonna cryyy .

This is a very deep WR class, idk if Giants also try to pick up one later in the rounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not much of interest from the Combine, Jalen Hurts ran fast, Jake Fromm was bad at everything, and back in LA they're still fucking up at the stadium construction site and destroyed a crane today, no injuries at least, and no damage to the stadium.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    and back in LA they're still fucking up at the stadium construction site and destroyed a crane today, no injuries at least, and no damage to the stadium.
    Not being in the area, is that an actual thing? the construction being a mess? will they be finished on time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not being in the area, is that an actual thing? the construction being a mess? will they be finished on time?
    I'm still just miffed at them for getting delayed by rain. Rain delays are not a thing here.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Still not much of interest from the Combine, Jalen Hurts ran fast, Jake Fromm was bad at everything, and back in LA they're still fucking up at the stadium construction site and destroyed a crane today, no injuries at least, and no damage to the stadium.
    Yeah the Combine is one of the rare NFL events that I just cannot get excited for.

Like does anyone really think this stuff matters at all? If a guy's a success or a bust it's in the interview room more than the underwear olympics.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If a guy's a success or a bust it's in the interview room more than the underwear olympics.
    For the smart teams anyway, but at least the Cowboys are there for the guys who bomb interviews and fail drug tests.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I always used it as a few hours of TV to get to know the draft class a little, from all the different position groups and not just the QB's. They typically dropped interesting nuggets of information and rumour and gossip during the broadcast and on rare occasion had people stop by for an interview with interesting things to say. Or like the time they had Greg Olsen as a broadcaster on the set and he helped evaluate the TE's that were coming in. Good stuff.

But sadly no time this year and no broadcast either since I gave up my Game Pass sub cause of disagreements with how the NFL league office run things. I follow a little on twitter now and it's not really a substitute but I hear about the top performers at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, literally EVERYONE seems to be raving about this O-line class. Going to be a lot of OT and QB in the top 15, which means some juicy targets are going to be there for the Patriots.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony Romo staying with CBS and getting PAID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Also, literally EVERYONE seems to be raving about this O-line class. Going to be a lot of OT and QB in the top 15, which means some juicy targets are going to be there for the Patriots.
    The talent across the board is unreal this year, guys will go in the 20s who'd be top 10 picks the last couple of years.

It's the antithesis of the shitshow that was 2013.

Glad CBS kept Romo, I like their broadcasting and I like him especially. Means he'll still be covering a fair number of Raiders games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romo is getting $17 million a year, PAID is right. Its good to be the best at something.
    /s