Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also I just remember I was supposed to ask this after the Jets game.

So what are the odds Gase makes it to week 6?
    Their next game is against Denver. If they lose to Denver, I don't see how Gase isn't fired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone in the same league as jets/giants? They seem the definitive bottom 2; an extra tier below the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Just seems like a trap game.

The Falcons aren't even bad, they're just bad in second halves. You have to be up 20+ points in the first place to let the team come back from that deficit. It's been a Falcons thing since the start of the Matt Ryan era but usually they had a big enough lead and decent enough D to outlast the other team.
    As a Packer fan, I assure you, every game is a trap game for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I do agree the Falcons can play better than their record shows. And they're probably gonna get some trap game wins. But the Packers don't have a team they'd be looking forward to, so they probably don't fall for the trap. And, y'know, their 2nd half defense is bad. They're averaging I think the radio just said 37 points a game given up. Green Bay should feast on them, maybe even fire Quinn.

Also I just remember I was supposed to ask this after the Jets game.

So what are the odds Gase makes it to week 6?
    I agree with this assessment. I think it's going to be a rough Monday night for Falcons because they're a bad second half team AND Packers are a great second half team.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was a run it'd be up there among the best. And oh yeah, Kamara is still friggin awesome.

Alternate timeline it is, Dallas has wide receivers but needs offensive linemen. And yes, Fuck Trysten Hill.

That Arizona/Houston trade is looking worse than we already knew it was.

This has gotta be some kind of record for Atlanta to be blowing leads like this.

Raiders have some pretty serious tackling issues.

The Ghost is back, though the Titans look like a really ugly 3-0 team. At least for the Vikings, Kyle Rudolph does it again?

Bills almost pull of their own 28-3, instead they just get their own replacement ref moment.

Got the Ravens winning tonight, tiring out the Chiefs defense with the run game.

Is anyone in the same league as jets/giants? They seem the definitive bottom 2; an extra tier below the rest.
    We will find out Thursday. The Jets play a team with very bad special teams and an offense that is just as inept as them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be tempted to throw the Falcons in there just based on the sheer disasterous losses they've had. But at the same time at least the Falcons can put up points.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Jurrell Cssey is likely done for the year. Up to half the dine gone now. Good news is they get to go to Metlife on a short week after the 49ers lost half their team there.

What happens if a team runs out of players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I hope tonight's game lives up to the hype. This is my Super Bowl and I am okay with either team winning even though I'm going for the Chiefs. I just want some competitive football.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    We got playoff Lamar tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who does the fake crowd noise for ESPN but they need to be tossed out a window cuz this is terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess everything about this game is terrible.
    /s

Woooow, I hope the Ravens show up for the second half. Scoring three points on offense....against the Chiefs...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit. Titans had some players and personnel test positive for Covid. Vikings (whom they played) and Titans both on lock down till Saturday till they figure out from contact tracing who else got it.

This is the first real test of protocol and emergency management by the NFL. We will need to see how this goes. After some very good weeks, everything is now suddenly in jeopardy.

The traffic cone Denver has been putting at RT went on IR. Guess that is one way to force the stubborn coaches to make a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Shit. Titans had some players and personnel test positive for Covid. Vikings (whom they played) and Titans both on lock down till Saturday till they figure out from contact tracing who else got it.

This is the first real test of protocol and emergency management by the NFL. We will need to see how this goes. After some very good weeks, everything is now suddenly in jeopardy.
    NFL still saying their Sunday games are on despite being locked down until Saturday.

I don't think the protocols are gonna hold.

Vikings are only on hold until all their tests come back confirmed negative (so far, all negative).

Titans are on lockdown til Saturday.

I don't know how they expect the Titans to prepare for a game on Sunday while the Vikes might be back in their building by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Vikings are only on hold until all their tests come back confirmed negative (so far, all negative).

I don't know how they expect the Titans to prepare for a game on Sunday while the Vikes might be back in their building by tomorrow.
    Supposedly they are discussing either moving Both Titans/Vikings games to Monday/Tuesday depending on results or swapping all sorts of bye weeks and neither play this week.

Brett Rypien is starting on Thursday. Starting QB #9 since the start of 2017, someone is coming for the Browns.

I don't know why the rumor that Gase is getting fired if he loses this game is a thing. What would beating a team starting their 3rd string UDFA QB with the throw velocity of post-surgery Pennington and $53 mill of cap space on IR prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Brett Rypien is starting on Thursday. Starting QB #9 since the start of 2017, someone is coming for the Browns.

I don't know why the rumor that Gase is getting fired if he loses this game is a thing. What would beating a team starting their 3rd string UDFA QB with the throw velocity of post-surgery Pennington and $53 mill of cap space on IR prove?
    I think it is more, if he can't beat that team what exactly are they keeping him around for? He should be fired regardless... but it is the Jets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I think it is more, if he can't beat that team what exactly are they keeping him around for? He should be fired regardless... but it is the Jets.
    Yeah if he loses to a Broncos team on their 3rd string QB and without Von Miller that's basically the "You're Fired" point.

It's like the Packers fired McCarthy after losing (or was it almost losing) to the Josh Rosen Cardinals. You don't survive that kind of loss.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

As a Vikings fan, the way we are playing this year, it's probably irrelevant whether we can practice or not....
    Last edited by Loosecannon; 2020-09-30 at 07:52 AM. Reason: grammar