Poll: Would you wear the costume for a year.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

For $1 million U.S Dollars tax free...

For $1 million dollars tax free would you wear this Star Trek The Next Generation exactly as in the picture for 1 year straight, could you do it?

Hell I say $1 Million dollars is a million dollars so yeah. I’d likely get talked to at work though. But I’m almost retired.

3 Rules.

1. You can’t tell anyone why you are wearing it everyday or hint at it.

2.You can’t wear anything else with it. It has to be the whole costume.

Also what color would you pick red, blue or gold and what rank?

Now you can wash it get more than one color for different days.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-02-17 at 07:05 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

For $1 million dollars tax free would you wear this Star Trek The Next Generation exactly as in the picture for 1 year straight, could you do it?

Hell I say $1 Million dollars is a million dollars so yeah. I’d likely get talked to at work though. But I’m almost retired.

3 Rules.

1. You can’t tell anyone why you are wearing it everyday or hint at it.

2.You can’t wear anything else with it. It has to be the whole costume.

Also what color would you pick red, blue or gold and what rank?

Now you can wash it get more than one color for different days.
    So people who live in winter weather areas are supposed to freeze to death in freezing cold weather because they can' wear a coat or a hat and gloves?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Why would anyone wear red? That practically guarantees your death sentence. A million dollars isn't worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Why would anyone wear red? That practically guarantees your death sentence. A million dollars isn't worth that.
    not in TNG, VOY, and DS9 universe. Red is command color. Also in TOS Scotty wore a red shirt and never died.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you get the money before or after the 1 year?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sign my ass up! I'd want the yellow-ish colored one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft, cowards.

Catch me wearing this version for a million dollars:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me see <shadowmouse looks back at stunts in previous classes> I'd be wearing pants! I wouldn't have a bottle of baijiu in front of me to sip on! I've had students come to class dressed as Mario. Geez, they'd think I'd run out of ideas. Now, if I end up teaching law classes again, that could get weird, but during Vanilla I used spell priority as an example for timing issues. I think I could make Startrek work. One million USD would be enough for me to retire comfortably where I'm going, especially since I would keep teaching.

Edit -- I'll go with the version pictured.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2020-02-17 at 12:11 PM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm that looks like a season 2 uniform, the early unis were notoriously uncomfortable. I would go for the better designed season 3+ uniforms if possible.

That would also make a good answer for when people ask:

"Why the hell are you wearing that?"

-"Because the earlier uniforms are too uncomfortable."
    Last edited by draynay; 2020-02-17 at 12:19 PM.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So people who live in winter weather areas are supposed to freeze to death in freezing cold weather because they can' wear a coat or a hat and gloves?
    Thank god you quoted the opening post. Who would know what you were referring too in Post#2 of this thread if you didn't use that Reply With Quote button.

---

I would do it but it'd be awkward since I live in NYC...Maybe I could work remotely from FL for a year where it's less dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

Shame they pussied out and stopped using that costume. Just imagine Picard and Riker (bearded) both wearing it, sitting on the bridge, legs crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    sip.
    No. Tho just because the economics wouldn't work out for me. In my line of work a professional attaire is still the social norm and it is fairly strictly enforced.

I'd risk losing my job, which would mean I'd lose more within about 3 years than I would have made in that 1 year.

If the rule would be wearing it at all times except work, I'd do it for a third of that million, hell for a fifth.

For each day I would wear a colour of the rainbow if it means I'd get a million out of it.

But I'd still have to throw on a hi-vis over it as I work at the Airport...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Shame they pussied out and stopped using that costume. Just imagine Picard and Riker (bearded) both wearing it, sitting on the bridge, legs crossed.
    This is Captain Sharon Stone of the USS Enterprise. *switches direction in which legs are crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    One beard is enough.
    /s

Ofc I would. I wouldn't go outside for a year, I would order food, pay bills online and after 365 days I would have 1 million on my bank account. So why the hell not...

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Curious as to how this could be tax free. Is there some sort of trekkie exemption?

Anyway, no. It isn't that it is a bad deal, it is that I don't really want a million dollars that I didn't really earn. I would rather earn a million dollars from doing something constructive to society, and taking a year off my life to win a silly bet isn't something I am interested in.

No judgement for anyone else though. It is obviously a great deal, most people should take it.

Probably...though maybe blue.

I would do it. I wouldn't be able to go outside in the winter months other than very briefly, but I got a treadmill and exercise bike indoors (for pollen season) already so...

In the spring/fall/summer I'd likely get far more positive reactions than negative, thanks to where I live.

As for the colour, I'd take the blue. Matches my eyes.

I'd do it. I am old enough to instantly retire with a million tax free, so I wouldn't even have to go to work. And even if, I guarantee you that all it takes is two weeks and everyone has seen you once, talked all the gossip they want and don't care anymore.

Uniform has no pockets tho, how are the rules about accessories? Also: hats? Winter coat?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. My wife and I are technically “millionaires” already. Don’t need the money.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect