Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is there anything Blizzard could REALISTICALLY do to make you like WoW again?

Each one of us could probably make huge lists of fantastic ideas that would never actually happen.

But what about realistic ideas?

Imagine Blizzard got its shit together and invested the time and money till the release of Shadowlands to deliver a good game. In your own opinion, can they do it? Is a good game even possibly anymore after the many changes WoW has been through?

Ion out first. Nuff said.

Ye, more RPG related things. A bit more personal and harder to accomplish without so much RNG... It's more an MMO than RPG and RPG not big part of it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Also miss having 4.world channel instead of 2.trade and 1.general

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ion out first. Nuff said.
    And youd hate the next Guy, considering you think Ion sits on a golden throne giving orders

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    And youd hate the next Guy, considering you think Ion sits on a golden throne giving orders
    I didn't hate Rob Pardo, I didn't hate Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Each one of us could probably make huge lists of fantastic ideas that would never actually happen.

But what about realistic ideas?

Imagine Blizzard got its shit together and invested the time and money till the release of Shadowlands to deliver a good game. In your own opinion, can they do it? Is a good game even possibly anymore after the many changes WoW has been through?

If they make fun classes that don't rely on RNG and rely more on skill based combat then that carries over into the rest of the game. If you enjoy your class then you're enjoying it in raids or dungeons or in world content. They realistically need to invest time into FIXING classes and remove all the clunky RNG nonsense from classes because if you're hating what you're playing then you're hating everything you do in the game.

Warlords is a great example of this. Warlords raids were fun and classes were fun it kept people subbed even though there was no content, yes a lot of people left too, but raiders stayed. With other content that was added post Warlords it would trickle out from just raiders staying if classes are enjoyable.

BFA is getting a lot of shit for bad raids, bad content, ect. But personally the raids don't feel worse, I think it's more that classes are so clunky and RNG heavy that you're more relying on procs of corruption or essences than you are being skillful in your class which isn't very fun or engaging as a player.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-02-29 at 11:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I didn't hate Rob Pardo, I didn't hate Ghostcrawler
    Then do listen to GC saying that people will pick the next Guy to hate instead of realising how things work

Realistically? It depends on how much or little faith you have in Blizzard.
    I don't think they'd realistically revert classes play-styles to how they were in a previous iteration, although it's entirely possible.
    My big tenets of things I don't think are too much to ask are: Bring back colored gem sockets,
    Stop giving out rental abilities
    Bring back tier bonuses
    Give a reason for crafting professions to be useful again, other than early game PvP gear.
    Step back from RNG systems on top of normal loot RNG.
    Tied in with removing corruptions, but don't make so much of a classes damage potential proc based to the point where we don't even know where half our damage is coming from.

There are 2 things they could do:

- Do not only try to make the big things work, also fix all the small broken stuff. All the clipping with armors EVEN FROM THE SAME SET is just insane. Then the broken skyboxes in Arathi, Darkshore and Nazjatar. Stuff like that. Show that you actually care.

- Give us our persistent world back. I understand why sharding was implemented and it makes sense to have it during launch week (or maybe even during the first 2 weeks), but after that - please turn it off and merge servers instead. Shardhopping is just really, really immersion breaking and not being able to see your friends and guildies is just sad. Besides that it feels like everybody is replacable, because you never see the same person twice.

There is a lot more that could be done of course, but that are the 2 most important points for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Return pvp gearing back to how it was during WoD and PvE gearing to how it was during Wrath. Bring back reputation tabards. Return professions to how they were during Wrath-Mists (i think that's when they changed dramatically, if this is wrong please correct me) Bring back the talent point system with brand new talents/points for the levels we've obtained over the years.

7+ Year Old Account
    ....Proberly not.

Its not about making small changes, that over time turns WoW into a better game. Its about the entire mentality and core design, that is a problem now. Improving class design or not having Azerite armor will not change that.

I seriously can't think of anything, that will make me play this expansion. All the things are for the future, where they make content and systems, that are fun to do and interesting to explore. More "fun" elements, reps that are just for fun, more mini-games, more cool NPCs with cool unique gear, interesting stories with interesting characters, with enough time dedicated to character development and.... the list just goes on and on.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Then do listen to GC saying that people will pick the next Guy to hate instead of realising how things work
    Just because I don't hate him does not mean what he said is completely true. Ion has been terrible compared to his predecessors

7+ Year Old Account
    More RPG elements.

5+ Year Old Account
    I already like WoW and am actively playing, I would like WoW MORE if they did the following:

Less exploitative game design- I.E stop with the fucking swarming that does nothing but elongate combat times.

More alt-friendlyness, most things aside from gear should be BoA.

Cross-faction PVE.

No more faction war,

Better player models.

More themed class sets.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Gnome paladins and druids. Maybe forsaken paladins. No more faction war. More themed class sets. Kill Sylvanas and Blightcaller. Bring back Garithos.

Ion is not the only thing you should look at, when you're talking about a game, he can't do must of the things alone, he doesn't do all alone, the guy can even say what he wants, but he is not the one that comes up with every single idea, he might say lets give a try but it's not his ideas many times.
    You can censure his approved ideas, but you can't keep saying it's all on him. You run a company, if others do shit, it's your fault that you approved it but it isn't your fault that the idea was bad. Just means you don't really know what is going to work. And it's normal due to many different people that enjoy many different things. Some can even be pleased, others might not.

Just because I don't hate him does not mean what he said is completely true. Ion has been terrible compared to his predecessors
    Ion, GC etc are just team leaders and spokes persons, they arent sitting on a throne as godkings of the development

I already love Blizzard for Classic.
    To make me even happier? Classic + ofcourse. (separated servers from classic)

There is no saving current WoW for me...no talent trees...no customization.
    Customization for me is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    If they make fun classes that don't rely on RNG and rely more on skill based combat then that carries over into the rest of the game. If you enjoy your class then you're enjoying it in raids or dungeons or in world content. They realistically need to invest time into FIXING classes and remove all the clunky RNG nonsense from classes because if you're hating what you're playing then you're hating everything you do in the game.

Warlords is a great example of this. Warlords raids were fun and classes were fun it kept people subbed even though there was no content, yes a lot of people left too, but raiders stayed. With other content that was added post Warlords it would trickle out from just raiders staying if classes are enjoyable.

BFA is getting a lot of shit for bad raids, bad content, ect. But personally the raids don't feel worse, I think it's more that classes are so clunky and RNG heavy that you're more relying on procs of corruption or essences than you are being skillful in your class which isn't very fun or engaging as a player.
    Warlord was literally the worst iteration of every class I played. So bad, that i even abandoned my mail which I played since BC because I would not bear it anymore right after the expansion was over.

I'm more with @Flurryfang with this one. Need to see what future brings, and see if any improvements can be done upon new (hopefully) ideas.

One thing that was on my mind lately:

-PVE Prestige System, with good rewards (resetting your character to level 1 once you've reached max level, grants you one prestige level, etc, and it goes indefinitely, lets see who can nerd out mostly)