Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Calling me part of the problem and a Trumpster seem like a insult to me. I have news for you, I am not a Trumpster. Just because I happen to be more Republican (I am actually moderate Libertarian) doesn't make me a Trump supporter.

If anyone should be fired it should be the entire state government honestly. Lack of leadership, voter defiance, and hypocrisy is what has created this predicament.
    I love that you've sunk so low that you believe minority rule is not only ok, but should be expanded. Remember, the GOP is the minority - more people don't want them than do. Why do they get to decide again? Why aren't we firing those cowards for not doing their job?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    It's amazing the mental gymnastics these Trumpkins pull to get to the point where if they feel it's wrong, no rules matter in their actions. Minority rule. Breaking the law.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the government's job to only do things that the voters like. Lets be honest, if it were that easy, we wouldn't need a government to begin with. Town hall every Saturday, show of hands, everything decided, bang and done.

But it isn't that easy. A good government sometimes has to do things that voters don't like, and hope that once things settle out they'll understand in the long run that it was important to do. Or they were wrong about it being important, and get their asses canned for their mistake. "The voters won't like it" is a cop out for not doing their job, if the voters truly don't like it that much they'll vote in someone on a platform of getting rid of it. That is how the system is supposed to work, not walking out of their job and trying to hide behind a ballot initiative. (Notice how the Republicans don't put their less popular ideas into ballot initiatives either)

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP is doing their job of protecting their constituent's interests to their utmost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The GOP is doing their job of protecting their constituent's interests to their utmost.
    No, they are doing the job of what their donors paid them to do. Guaranteed most of them are owned by some sort of oil industry tycoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, they are doing the job of what their donors paid them to do. Guaranteed most of them are owned by some sort of oil industry tycoon.
    Not really. It is a concept not well received in Oregon outside of the Willamette Valley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, can the state government do its job of firing public servants who aren't doing their real jobs rather than ideological wankery?

Reduce the quorum to account for these nerds and just start passing legislation without them. They've decided to opt out of the political process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Calling me part of the problem and a Trumpster seem like a insult to me. I have news for you, I am not a Trumpster. Just because I happen to be more Republican (I am actually moderate Libertarian) doesn't make me a Trump supporter.
    You are not a Trump supporter even though you claim to be Republican and seem to can't stop supporting what he does and what he enables - such as walkouts like these that deny aid to disaster victims.

Must be nice to have dissociative identities and pretend you are not responsible for your own actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Because letting disaster victims suffer and die in the aftermath of disaster is just that.

Trump supporters have hilarious notions of what constitutes "protecting interests".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Because letting disaster victims suffer and die in the aftermath of disaster is just that.

Trump supporters have hilarious notions of what constitutes "protecting interests".
    You should probably address this to dems holding disaster victims as hostages while extorting affirmation of their gretinism laws from the GOP

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    You should probably address this to dems holding disaster victims as hostages while extorting affirmation of their gretinism laws from the GOP
    Because the dems were the ones holding disaster victims as hostages by being the only party that stayed to discuss any disagreements.

In the meantime, your group of deplorables were the ones having disaster victims in mind by refusing to interact with their political counterparts so no relief aid could be passed anyway.

Oh wait, that "logic" only flies in the alternative-right lalalands.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I prefer to vote for people who show up to do their job. Which means I'll probably have to keep voting for Democrats and hope they have progressives on the ballot.
    Like you ever even considered to do otherwise. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Like you ever even considered to do otherwise. Please.
    You do realize this is basically a confession your party of deplorables aren't doing their job?

Its time the Democrats start pulling the same shit the Republicans are doing and friendship and working together be damned. More then one party can play the spoiled child card if need be and Mitch McConnell proved its a viable way to govern so i would expect them to do the same which could either force the Republicans to be better people or it could cause more division which in time would fix the problem once it hits enough people.

Lines up with McTurtle sending all House bills to the circular file.

You do realize this is basically a confession your party of deplorables aren't doing their job?
    1. What do you mean by "my party of deplorables"?

2. If the only way for you to vote Republican is for Republicans to become Democrats 2.0, then you were never willing to vote for a Republican party in the first place.

1. What do you mean by "my party of deplorables"?
    Exactly what it means. You can read, can't you?
    2. If the only way for you to vote Republican is for Republicans to become Democrats 2.0, then you were never willing to vote for a Republican party in the first place.
    Even though "doing one's damn job" is literally the only requirement to be "Democrats 2.0".

I think you should convince your party of deplorables to try doing their job first, then only after cry if people don't vote for them. And not a second before.

A manner of “governance” where it is acceptable for the losing party of the election to completely shut things down by taking their ball and going home is not in anyone’s interest.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-02-27 at 08:32 AM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Exactly what it means. You can read, can't you?

Even though "doing one's damn job" is literally the only requirement to be "Democrats 2.0".

I think you should convince your party of deplorables to try doing their job first, then only after cry if people don't vote for them. And not a second before.
    For the likes of you, Trump 2020 can't happen fast enough. I'll make sure to enjoy Trump's victory, even if it won't affect me one bit otherwise.

Democrats knew that there would be a walk out and yet still decided to put the Cap and Trade bill before legislation anyways. They are using this to grandstand and to get their way. How about they take this bill off for now and settle with the flood relief in Pendleton?

The Republicans are just demanding that this bill be put onto the ballot. That is more than reasonable.

The other problem is that the Oregon State legislator is known for being defiant and going against the voters. Similar bills have already failed and yet Kate Brown does it anyways. See Gross receipts sales tax bill that unfortunately passed last year as proof. Voted down 3 times in recent memory but the fucks in Salem do it anyways.

This is why you get a walk out and why I will be voting republican in the State of Oregon from now on.
    Why did you do this?! Why did you engage in a conversation here as a Republican supporter!? This website is very Left leaning, even the mods are very Left leaning. You will achieve nothing, and you will have like 20 people with "Impeach the motherfucker" picture in their signature, dragging you through the mud while the mods just watch. And if you fight back, you get banned for "Trolling".

Don't do this again, let them have their echo chamber, and we will show them our Opinion in November, because we are the silent majority, that doesn't want trouble with the fanatical Left.

PS: Now watch as I get banned for "Trolling" for making this post.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-27 at 09:52 AM.

They are doing their jobs by demanding that this be put onto the ballot. You know ... democracy right?
    Ohhh it's all Democrats fault for daring to put a bill on the ballot that republicans dislike. The only choice is to not do their job and stop all legislative action! Democrats should know that they can only vote on things that the minority party want or all government action must stop!

LOL. Republicans are a trip.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Why did you do this?! Why did you engage in a conversation here as a Republican supporter!? This website is very Left leaning, even the mods are very Left leaning. You will achieve nothing, and you will have like 20 people with "Impeach the motherfucker" picture in their signature, dragging you through the mud while the mods just watch. And if you fight back, you get banned for "Trolling".

Don't do this again, let them have their echo chamber, and we will show them our Opinion in November, because we are the silent majority, that doesn't want trouble with the fanatical Left.

PS: Now watch as I get banned for "Trolling" for making this post.
    Holy carp the victim complex is strong with you. Must be hard to live life when everyone is so mean to you I'm sorry.
    Also silent majority my ass trump didn't win popular vote and he most likely won't this time even if he does win