Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    He divine shields when he went to 30% even though he was in no danger of dying. So the boss goes for me and kills me, the healer.
    I always facepalm when tank guides / advice says bubble taunt is a shit talent. For an inexperienced prot pala / random pugs where things go south it's much better because you can bubble and still hold aggro and it gives a healer / tank 8 seconds to catch up on hp.

But yeah I had once some tank who never said anything and then ran last boss in Atal into the spiders and then when we wiped and ppl went "wtf tank" said "first time here how was I supposed to know?" Well how about you asked? I was healing on some alt but I could have explained the basics it was m0 there was no timer...

I was once pugging normal Raden and majority of the raid had no idea what to do but when me and 2-3 other people explained the strats people actually started trying, still took a couple of wipes but they learnt. I was amazed because 90% of pugs literally disregard any advice and try to brute force shit.

The attitude people display in LFR, where it's just "wait for more stacks of determination" instead of actually trying to do the strats.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I always facepalm when tank guides / advice says bubble taunt is a shit talent. For an inexperienced prot pala / random pugs where things go south it's much better because you can bubble and still hold aggro and it gives a healer / tank 8 seconds to catch up on hp.
    It's a great talent, and I'm glad guides or people say it's shit. It'll have a nice buff in Shadowlands (taunt range increased from 8 to 15 yards).

However, you have to learn how to use it. There's fights where it's inappropriate, especially on King Dazar with the second raptor. If you use it there, you"ll loose aggro from the raptor, and people will die. Don't know why, but that happens. Just don't do it. Also avoid using it to clean spiders on Yazma, you might exceed the 8-yard range and lose aggro from the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    It's a great talent, and I'm glad guides or people say it's shit. It'll have a nice buff in Shadowlands (taunt range increased from 8 to 15 yards).
    Nice, I think they also fixed the bug that existed at some point that if you stood on a pebble and mobs were below you, it wouldn't taunt them (happened to me in motherlode months ago and was wondering why didn't it work then read it's due to some bug with elevation).

Even rating addons don't ensure a good group. I just left a workshop +15 because the healer forgot to repair before we started, so his gear was broken by the 3rd boss. This guy had like 3000 score.
    How the fuck did you have a group of people capable of pugging a +15 but NOBODY has had one of the 23897612 mounts with a repair vendor added over the past twelve years?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Iv had people in the past in 14/15 16s who leave at the last boss if it isn't gonna be timed as they don't want that "negative" look on there raiderIO pages... It is very annoying and is a reason why those kinda addons exist in a way.. It is a shame we resort to a 3rd party site for numbers to see if a person is worth it..

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    How the fuck did you have a group of people capable of pugging a +15 but NOBODY has had one of the 23897612 mounts with a repair vendor added over the past twelve years?
    You can't mount in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    OpenRaid had a reputation system that mostly worked okay. It wasn't perfect and had a few issues but was largely reliable and but despite using that site a lot both as a raid leader and a pugger, I never saw any evidence that it was contributing to toxicity at all.
    People were giving themselves 5 stars ranking for a "smooth run" even if some people in the raid clearly had no clue how to play their class.

So that system wasn't really that good, it was only useful to identify the good raid leaders.

WoW is a social game..don't pug, play with people you trust, and they won't leave mid dungeon.

I just left a king's rest at the last boss. We wiped twice on the boss because the tank had no clue on what to do.
    I'm more curious how a group that can get TO the last boss of KR can wipe so badly on it
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Fun fact - every time someone just silently quits my group, I normally whisper them to ask what was wrong in a tone that is non-confrontational and non-aggressive. They never respond back.

That's why topics like these are interesting to me. People are willing to share what was wrong for them. At the same time, I cannot project their absolute disaster stories onto my own experience with the quitters. The quitters I see in my own groups and the quitters posting here seem to be from two disjoint sets of players.
    For the few times I bailed (and I try hard not to) its because my patience has run out completely. So if I were to receive a whisper, I probably wouldn't be in the mood to respond.

- - - Updated - - -

I just left a king's rest at the last boss. We wiped twice on the boss because the tank had no clue on what to do. First time he just ran other direction from the spears so he got separated from the group and died, thus we wiped. Second wipe all the dps had died because the tank just used blessing of protection on himself when he went low hp and it was just me and him left and boss was on like 8% hp when we wiped. He divine shields when he went to 30% even though he was in no danger of dying. So the boss goes for me and kills me, the healer. Then he died after the divine shield. I just had enough at that point.
    How the fuck do paladin tanks ever get all the way to 120 and into mythic pluses without realizing BoP and Divine Shield drop all aggro? How?

Been playing a paladin (off and on at least) since TBC and this is common knowledge now.

- - - Updated - - -

That talent exists but I've never seen a pally tank with that talent using it. It's always *divine shield . . . and everyone else has aggro*
    Putin khuliyo

If you finish the run, it shows up on your raider.io. My only guess is people would rather forgo the loot at the end than have an overtimed dungeon on their list? I don't know; it's dumb to me. I never leave unless someone else already has. That said, I also haven't seen people leave very often -- although I seldom pug over 10+ -- so it seems you were super unlucky.

(edit: I guess you didn't say whether these would have been timed or not, but I assume no because I feel like no one would leave a timed run, also because PuGs fail more often than they succeed in my experience)
    exactly same here.

It would be cool if Blizzard also released data on how many Mythic+ you started. With that info you could calculate the ratio of completed runs vs leaving or disbanding and you could filter people that quit often

I rather take people with lower scores than people that are prompt to just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    No.. that just create more bigger toxic community....
    the whole reason you have the toxic community is due to these rating addons and sites in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    People were giving themselves 5 stars ranking for a "smooth run" even if some people in the raid clearly had no clue how to play their class.

So that system wasn't really that good, it was only useful to identify the good raid leaders.
    I wasn't arguing it to be accurate, just that it didn't seem to "promote toxicity." Although I saw plenty of questionably good reputations, I never saw it cause noxious behaviour.

(also the low ratings seemed to be pretty accurate; it was mostly just the good ones that weren't reliable)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It would be cool if Blizzard also released data on how many Mythic+ you started. With that info you could calculate the ratio of completed runs vs leaving or disbanding and you could filter people that quit often

I rather take people with lower scores than people that are prompt to just leave.
    The downside of this is that then it would affect people who didn't abandon runs but intentionally lowered keys, which is not uncommon to do for a variety of totally valid reasons. It would also punish people who had to abandon a run because someone else left.

Everything has downsides. I'm not really sure the best solution that doesn't have repercussions for innocent players who aren't doing anything wrong or gaming the system.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    the whole reason you have the toxic community is due to these rating addons and sites in the first place.
    This I highly, highly, highly disagree with. People are like this in any sort of online environment where they are trying to work with strangers, including in contexts where no rating system is available. The bigger the community, the worst it gets. The tools may change based on what is popular at the time but the undercurrent of poor behaviour all has the same source: humans.

Blaming the tools is just an excuse. If people weren't shitty, these things could actually be useful. But people are shitty, so they abuse the tools and use them in stupid ways, but it's not the fault of the sites that that is the case. If those tools didn't exist, people would just seek out a new way to be shitty.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I'm more curious how a group that can get TO the last boss of KR can wipe so badly on it
    Because it was going fine until he decided to bop and divine shield.

If you finish the run, it shows up on your raider.io. My only guess is people would rather forgo the loot at the end than have an overtimed dungeon on their list? I don't know; it's dumb to me. I never leave unless someone else already has. That said, I also haven't seen people leave very often -- although I seldom pug over 10+ -- so it seems you were super unlucky.

(edit: I guess you didn't say whether these would have been timed or not, but I assume no because I feel like no one would leave a timed run, also because PuGs fail more often than they succeed in my experience)
    Exactly why IO needs to go
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Exactly why IO needs to go

the fact that it is better for your io score to leave and not get a depleted key on your record is the main culprit here. folks just play and act the way the rating system tells them to act to get the highest rating nothing new here folks.

the fact that it is better for your io score to leave and not get a depleted key on your record is the main culprit here. folks just play and act the way the rating system tells them to act to get the highest rating nothing new here folks.
    Exactly and one of the main problems off the add on. It breeds and feed toxicity. No add on, less leavers
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

But yeah I had once some tank who never said anything and then ran last boss in Atal into the spiders and then when we wiped and ppl went "wtf tank" said "first time here how was I supposed to know?" Well how about you asked? I was healing on some alt but I could have explained the basics it was m0 there was no timer...

I was once pugging normal Raden and majority of the raid had no idea what to do but when me and 2-3 other people explained the strats people actually started trying, still took a couple of wipes but they learnt. I was amazed because 90% of pugs literally disregard any advice and try to brute force shit.

The attitude people display in LFR, where it's just "wait for more stacks of determination" instead of actually trying to do the strats.
    It's quite funny because the spiders on the stairs literally show the mechanic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Exactly and one of the main problems off the add on. It breeds and feed toxicity. No add on, less leavers
    No addon, more leavers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it actually isn't better, and you don't get a higher rating for doing so. I only guessed it because some people have a weird thing of wanting to only have perfect runs listed, but in fact you get points for untimed runs, just slightly less than if you had timed it. And when you get a timed at that key level, it will replace it on your snapshot run list and your points will go up as if the failed run never happened. If you already had one at that timed level, the failed one will only be visible if you expand out that dungeon, the best run will still remain the visible one on the main list, and there's no negative impact on your points. Basically, leaving a mythic dungeon is never rewarded by the site and will never positively impact your score and in many cases will actually negatively impact it by keeping you from getting points you would have earned had you stuck around.

If people are leaving untimed runs because of raider.io -- and I do think people do it, which is why I put that guess out there -- it is either because they are misunderstanding how it works or because of a personal wish to just pretend they've never had any bad runs. But it's not fair to blame the site design here because they've intentionally done it in a way that encourages people to finish their untimed runs.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Can you please explain why it would be better for your score to not get a depleted key on it?

I don't think you understand how r.io works.