Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    N'zoth had some optional quests and still died. Sylvanas had quest choices in BFA and "lost" in regards to the BFA story. You can work for villains as long as they end up losing, which is what will happen for Sylvanas in Shadowlands (and likely Jailer though he has a better chance of being in 10.0).

The better argument is that they did indeed say there is no "Sylvanas loyalist questline" but:
    A) A Jailer covenant would not exactly be Sylvanas loyalist
    B) They may change their mind if they do consider it Sylvanas loyalist
    thing is...we dont know if sylvanas and jailer are the villains,there is a theory going around that the jailer is a titan imprisoned by the pantheon,dont forget they pulled the same bait and switch in wod,and grommash did just as many if not more evil things than sylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Is it technically possible? Yes.
    Is it likely? Absolutely not.
    Is it going to happen? Most likely not.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

With the popularity of the N'zoth and Sylvanas 'faction' options in BFA, do we think there's a possibility that they will add a covenant of some sort in Shadowlands that allows you to serve Sylvanas and the Jailer?
    No but a 5th covenant in the maw is very likely

The situation with the jailer could be similar to that of a mutiny

We join the rebels that consist of some truly evil players but the enemy is the jailer and his allies

I can see it now

Arthas: I know of the atrocities I committed....both as the lich king and as prince menethil. I accept full responsibility and shall accept my punishment but I will not allow the world to be plunged into darkness.

Fast forward to the final assault with arthas in chains and sylvanas being a smug cunt

Sylvanas: Do you know why I chose to do this? Why I chose to betray honor and duty?

Arthas: you wanna smash??

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thing is...we dont know if sylvanas and jailer are the villains,there is a theory going around that the jailer is a titan imprisoned by the pantheon,dont forget they pulled the same bait and switch in wod,and grommash did just as many if not more evil things than sylvanas
    We already know that Jailer is both a villain and an antagonist. He is a villain because he's described as an ancient evil, and he's an antagonist because Blizzard said he is the main antagonist of Shadowlands.

WoD was the exception, not the rule. And given how poorly it was received, it will stay the exception.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    How about a fifth one located in De Other Side? Something like a group of troll spirits that follow Bwonsamdi, or Bwon's own Covenant? I know it's possibly not going to happen, wishful thinking?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    I miss the Defias, having a faction that wants revenge, but not necessarily world's destruction is great.
    Scourge didn't want to destroy everything either.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

They could add more Covenants, but it would also might need something that develops with the current Covenants like a system in later 9.x patches, which show that your chosen Covenant needs an ally in the Shadowlands to fullfill their goals, so that players can freely choose for either an actual covenant they prefer alongside the chosen or the new one. Being ally with lets say the Necrolords, while maining Venthyr just gives you soft access to some rewards like just the "Tier 1-2" ones, which could also then get further upgraded into "Tier 3" with the conclusion of the Covenant Campaign.

Could Sylvanas fans give it up yet? She's evil. She wants to kill everyone. She's not your friend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Beeing fresh to mind and going ahead with new and exiting ideas... we could get maybe a 5th and a 6th covenant in future pathces... since maybe with new areas to explore...

More realms of the dead, we get new Houses in those zones, it would fit and bring more diversity and balance to the covenant system.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It does because you're talking about implementing an expansion wide system that will most likely have canon story in regards to your character and their covenant by using something that was a little easter egg and no more.

Characters who worked with Sylvanas/N'zoth at the end still go against them, the end matters. Therefore it does matter that those systems were nothing more than 'hey wouldn't this be a teeny tiny fun thing for an extremely short time (time being how short the quests were)'.
    I mean, I sort of see what you are saying, but my loyalist character never actually went against Sylvanus at all. Even at the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I mean, I sort of see what you are saying, but my loyalist character never actually went against Sylvanus at all. Even at the end.
    Sylvanas's end hasn't come yet tho, but they've confirmed the loyalist storyline isn't continuing in shadowlands and thus confirmation that in the end you will go against Sylvanas's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Sylvanas's end hasn't come yet tho, but they've confirmed the loyalist storyline isn't continuing in shadowlands and thus confirmation that in the end you will go against Sylvanas's plans.
    I don't think you know what confirmation means here. I may well have missed it, but I have not seen anyone from Blizz say directly that Sylvanus will be our particular enemy in SL. The loyalist storyline could not be continuing, but that doesn't mean we will be directly opposing her/she directly opposing us. I sort of see and parellel path of maybe conflicting interests but little direct conflict.

But, seriously, if you have links to where devs have said Sylv is going to be a big baddie in SL, please share. I would be interested to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does this covenent thing sound like that path of the titans thing that got canned during cataclysm beta testing?

I would expect the maw covenant to probably be tied to a broken shore type of situation. Where either you side with the souls of the maw hat were taken or your covenant helps out some part of the maw residents. They said they wanted more vertical systems and not horizontal additions (which take with grain of salt cause they change their mind, things can fail, they do the opposite). Because it wasn't said at launch I doubt they would add something as an option instead of rather than something in addition.

I can see the jailer and slyvanas not being impossible to see their point but I expect either a plot twist where they are acting for some good (which if they don't do perfectly would be another massive fuckup) or a sargeras like just lock up the jailer again.

It's one of those things that someone in Blizzard should've had the thought of making, but that we will never actually get.

The entire Sylvanas' loyalist was a poorly used concept that unfortunally could never possibly lead anywhere due to in-game constraints.

With the popularity of the N'zoth and Sylvanas 'faction' options in BFA, do we think there's a possibility that they will add a covenant of some sort in Shadowlands that allows you to serve Sylvanas and the Jailer?
    For god sake stop with sylvanas please

A PvP focused covenant that gives you the ability to attack same faction players in the open world while offering abilities that are more suitable for PvP content would be neat.

Technically you did, albeit unknowingly. You fought and almost killed Azshara, when Azshara made a deal with Sylvanas and even had her blessing to kill you (because Sylvanas never gave a shit about you).

I don't think you know what confirmation means here. I may well have missed it, but I have not seen anyone from Blizz say directly that Sylvanus will be our particular enemy in SL. The loyalist storyline could not be continuing, but that doesn't mean we will be directly opposing her/she directly opposing us. I sort of see and parellel path of maybe conflicting interests but little direct conflict.

But, seriously, if you have links to where devs have said Sylv is going to be a big baddie in SL, please share. I would be interested to see.
    There's nothing left to confirm. The Jailer is the main antagonist of the expansion, Sylvanas is the Jailer's ally, thus she is an antagonist. She literally appeared in front of the Jailer at the end of the expansion's trailer.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    I miss the Defias, having a faction that wants revenge, but not necessarily world's destruction is great.
    Yes, the problem there is that you already in Vanilla see the hints that some of the Defias started working with the Naga and of course the Black Dragons. Which in itself isn't a problem, because all of those things could still be seen as simply a business transaction between factions that are working against a common enemy. But then the Old Gods came to the forefront and if you have Old Gods working as openly as they do in WoW, it's only natural that they grab every underdog faction (like the Defias kind of were) and make them theirs with promises. Which again leaves no room for factions just working for their very own interest, but makes them Old God minions again.
    So if we want factions that are evil and don't have a goal of world destruction, we'd need the Old Gods to go into hiding again and just work by pulling some strings here and there, maybe at times either faction (good and evil) could uncover some of their plots, but never completely, so they can stay hidden, players would know there's an over-arching threat there, but it's never quite visible (and thus, also almost completely ignor-able if you don't care about such stories). Kind of like it was back in Vanilla.
    You'd still at some points have to have world ending threats, that just goes with the high fantasy stuff (in which I include the laser beam shooting spaceships that run on magic ^^), but the 'evil player faction' would want to thwart that too, so there'd be no problem in regards to that. Both 'good' and 'evil' factions could work on defeating the world ending threat with their own means and simply not shoot each other on sight in that time, which also wouldn't mean you'd have to have 'world peace negotiations' every 2 years.

And if you want to go really nuts, throw in a 'neutral' player faction too and make them not participate in any PvP, but be like druids and shaman to guard over the balance of powers (I mean the greater powers, not the factions).