10+ Year Old Account

Trinket bug help: Writhing segment of Destrawatever thing

So got this trinket from the weekly quest thing. However I noticed something real annoying in a mythic +. Everytime Ashvanes razor coral is on cd, this thing goes on cd, as in even though its usable to me, I cannot use it as the cooldown on the coral mimics itself onto the trinket. I thought my cooldown tracking addon was the culprit so I updated it, didnt work, so I removed it. Didnt work. Any ideas? It is usable when ashvane's razor coral is not on cd or not used.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    On use trinkets share a 30 sec cooldown so they cant be used back to back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sikhjatt View Post
    On use trinkets share a 30 sec cooldown so they cant be used back to back
    sorry i forgot to clarify. it goes on cooldown when a mob with coral debuff dies. so when u get that crit buff, it also puts the segment on cd. or at least thats whats happening with me. Like say you used coral on mob. destra and ashvane go on cd. both trinkets come off cd, you are still building stacks havent collected on the crit yet. mob dies, you get crit buff, destra goes on cd too.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    sorry i forgot to clarify. it goes on cooldown when a mob with coral debuff dies. so when u get that crit buff, it also puts the segment on cd. or at least thats whats happening with me. Like say you used coral on mob. destra and ashvane go on cd. both trinkets come off cd, you are still building stacks havent collected on the crit yet. mob dies, you get crit buff, destra goes on cd too.
    cus killing something with the coral buff activates the trinket.
    You can't finesse it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    cus killing something with the coral buff activates the trinket.
    You can't finesse it
    Right, killing something with the coral debuff on it consumes your stacks and gives you crit but it does not put the trinket on cooldown, so the drest trinket shouldnt be on cooldown either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangg View Post
    Right, killing something with the coral debuff on it consumes your stacks and gives you crit but it does not put the trinket on cooldown, so the drest trinket shouldnt be on cooldown either.
    last i checked it still puts you on cd. lemme find a mob that lasts more than 30 seconds and I'll confirm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangg View Post
    so this is whats happening, and before anything ill place the disclaimer that technically it is working as intended, its just kinda stupid.
    1. Using coral on a mob, puts segment on cd. as it should
    2. mob dies, player gets coral debuff (Note: weirdly enough testing last night this buff gain was putting segment automatically on cd, making it impossible to use in a mythic + for me, however im guessing it was an addon issue cuz i took everything apart and updated it and this is no longer the case)
    3. the stupid part. lets say the mob isnt dead, like say a boss. say you use coral trinket again to collect on your stacks for crit. This second use puts segment on cooldown for EXACTLY 20seconds, not 30seconds. 20 seconds which is the exact duration of the crit buff. Making it unsable specifically for the duration of your crit buff.

i dont know if 3 is normal. technically if it followed trinket use it would be 30secs, which would be worse. its almost like a double whammy due to the mechanics of ashvanes....

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    so this is whats happening, and before anything ill place the disclaimer that technically it is working as intended, its just kinda stupid.
    1. Using coral on a mob, puts segment on cd. as it should
    2. mob dies, player gets coral debuff (Note: weirdly enough testing last night this buff gain was putting segment automatically on cd, making it impossible to use in a mythic + for me, however im guessing it was an addon issue cuz i took everything apart and updated it and this is no longer the case)
    3. the stupid part. lets say the mob isnt dead, like say a boss. say you use coral trinket again to collect on your stacks for crit. This second use puts segment on cooldown for EXACTLY 20seconds, not 30seconds. 20 seconds which is the exact duration of the crit buff. Making it unsable specifically for the duration of your crit buff.

i dont know if 3 is normal. technically if it followed trinket use it would be 30secs, which would be worse. its almost like a double whammy due to the mechanics of ashvanes....
    any time you press the bind for the coral, its gonna put drest trink on cd. doesnt matter if its to apply or to collect stacks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    last i checked it still puts you on cd. lemme find a mob that lasts more than 30 seconds and I'll confirm.
    Nope, it does not put it on CD if the mob dies only if you actually use the trinket does it go on CD.