Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Blackadder, which only got better and where the last season is arguably the best.
    I have to concur, that series still makes me laugh. I've always enjoyed Rowan Atkinson when he's actually talking over Mr. Bean, and the supporting cast is great.

I'd have to recall all the series I've seen, although some are hard to gauge because they may have had a slight decline over time, dipped in the middle, or aren't finished yet. Quite a few series start off strong then never quit while they're ahead. I've been watching more animation than live action as of late, since many of the main stream live action shows are just horrid, but in terms of trends they're pretty similar when it comes to quality.

Of the more recent shows I've watched that are finished, I'd say Bojack Horseman is probably the closest in terms of consistent quality throughout the series. There's other recent shows I'd love to comment on... but they aren't finished and could crash and burn ultimately.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

What poster never actually participates in their questionnaire threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Futurama.
    I'd say Futurama kind of dipped in the seasons before its final season.

Futurama was always this weird combination of zaniness, ponderousness and heart, and I feel like it started to drag in the "heart" and "ponderous" departments near the end, though certainly re-found its footing for the last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Venture Bros has not declined in quality.
    I'd say the Venture Bros has only gotten better, but the first season is... kind of rough. Every time I suggest someone watch it, I have to preface it with "stick it out through the first season." Which you have to watch to understand the story going on in the second season and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Psych, Parks and Rec

If you treat the final season like what it was which was a new show Scrubs but we can't do that.
    Psych started to get a little too... crass... for me at the end. And believe me, I'm not stodgy about crass humor when I feel its placed well, but Psych was never really relied on that in the first couple seasons. I feel like Psych had kind of just run out of ideas at the end there.

I'd agree that Parks and Rec only got better, though, and really ended on a high note.

At any rate... I'd say Mystery Science Theater 3000 never dipped in quality, especially considering it ran for 11 years on a skeleton crew and shoestring budget. I know people have their quibbles about who their favorite host is, but I'd say the meat of the actual show- the riffing of terrible movies- was stellar throughout.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-03-01 at 07:42 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Not gonna start the Joel VS Mike debate. I just liked Pearl as the big bad a lot.
    The Adventures of Brisco County Jr: I loved that show all the way to the end.
    Scooby Doo: I mean, it's always a wonderful show, no matter what version!
    The IT Crowd: Too short though.
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker: Ended too soon. But a real goody. Inspired X-Files too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Mystery Science Theater 3000: Not gonna start the Joel VS Mike debate. I just liked Pearl as the big bad a lot.
    I think a lot of people give the show a lot of... really unnecessary crap for "changing it up" what with the bots switching voices and the mads and hosts switching out and so forth, because those changes were due to the prior cast members choosing to move on. They weren't forced out to "spice things up" or because of contract disputes or creative differences or some cynical production angle or some such; they made a career choice and the rest of the crew carried on. Would the alternative have been to just... stop making the show? I mean, cut the show off at Joel and you don't get gems like The Final Sacrifice or Space Mutiny or a whole litany of other great episodes.

Moreover, the "cast of characters" as it were stayed within the family; Mike had been a writer on MST3K for years before becoming the host, as had Bill Corbet before becoming Crow, as had Mary Joe Pehl before taking over as Pearl, and so forth. (It's funny to watch earlier seasons before they were established characters and see them pop up in host segments as other people.) A lot of the "Joel vs Mike" thing seems to heavily suppose that Mike perpetrated some hostile takeover and forced Joel out when Joel simply chose to move on and do something else.

To your point, I actually liked the little mini story arc that ran through the last few Mike Seasons as well. Gave a silly little narrative to follow along with, along with the bad movies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god this is a hard question, purely subjective of course:

Attack on Titan
    Angel
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Cheers
    Law and Order
    Rick and Morty
    Stranger Things

I'll agree with the people saying Venture Bros. That could just be because they take 12 years to make 10 episodes tho.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    People saying The Wire must have skipped season 2.
    Season two laid the ground work for the big big players behind the scenes. Plus each season focused on a different area of the city. Ports bringing in the drugs/sex trafficking is kind of important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Oh god this is a hard question, purely subjective of course:

Attack on Titan
    Angel
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Cheers
    Law and Order
    Rick and Morty
    Stranger Things
    Strangers things fell apart after the first season imo.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Veep, Brooklyn 99, Black Sails, Sense 8, Homeland (the last two might be subjective though whereas critics and fans agree on the first 3).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say Friends 100% and maybe Family Guy.
    I agree with friends, but familiy guy? literally heavy quantity content.

- - - Updated - - -

Futurama.
    Yeah def. one of my top candidats + these futurama movies are also very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe i am obsessed with that show but "Medium" <3 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Lol I thought the same thing. I never even watched GoT, but its final season was laughably hung out to dry by its entire fan base openly on social media that even non-fans know.

Your avatar reminds me, Married with Children is another favorite show of mine that unfortunately also declined in quality.
    Pff, never watched GOT ? The joke is on you tbh. the last season was mediocre depending on preferences but the other season were rock solid and amongst the best ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Yeah def. one of my top candidats + these futurama movies are also very good.
    I keep seeing Futurama here... why? Its comeback seasons/episodes were a clear decline in quality compared to its original run.

10+ Year Old Account
    E.R, The West Wing, The Newsroom. There are probably more but i can't be expected to remember the entirety of television history

10+ Year Old Account
    Fraiser
    batman the animates series (excluding the red sky season)
    Justice League unlimited
    Buffy the vampire slayer
    Animaniacs
    #boycottchina

Bojack Horseman
    Courage the Cowardly Dog

I really want to say Teen Titans from Cartoon network, buuut it declined after the Trigon arch.

House
    Seinfeld
    Eureka
    Quantum Leap
    Magnum P.I. (1980)
    Burn Notice
    Remington Steele

I seem to like spy thriller stuff so I'm probably biased there.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    River Monsters, if we're including science/nature shows.
    Kupo.

People mentioned good ones already: Breaking Bad, Sopranos.

I will include; The Americans.

The Wire is maybe all time favorite but season 5 was just so meh. A little too sensational when it was very grounded in the first 4 seasons.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Futurama.
    The Wire.
    I disagree regarding the Wire due to the fake serial-murder plot.