Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek: TNG and DS9. Futurama. I haven't finished Justified yet, but that hasn't slowed down at all.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    What the hell was the point of this response, lol.
    My exact thought when reading your response to my post, literally the exact same thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad
    Futurama
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Blackadder, A bit of Fry and Laurie, Peep Show, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    Bojack Horseman
    I wish u were right
    But Horseman ending is annoying me a lot
    This show was helping me a LOT about living with depression, the ending (from what i understand) show that u can't win, that no matter how much u change or try to be better depression will always win, WTF? I didn't need that negativity, i already exist in the WORST country on earth ty
    I really wanted the show to end on positive note
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    you have the right to do w/e u want, but to me that is a complete waste of money.
    Which is completely fine as I have lots of money to waste. :3
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Good Wife

while some seasons of the show had some less interesting themes, the quality of the show was unwavering and brilliant

Its always interesting to see how many people on this forum are tilted towards anime.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its always interesting to see how many people on this forum are tilted towards anime.
    I've only purchased animation since I used my own money towards my first anime VHS (Akira) in late 1991.

I did buy the Jonny Quest and Tex Avery collections recently. I love me some good western animation too!

I buy live action shit for my mom and slap those in her collection.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say Friends 100% and maybe Family Guy.
    Last 3-4 seasons of Friends were pretty bad actually. Agree with you on Family Guy though. My answer would also include some classics such as I Love Lucy and MASH (most heartbreaking series finale I've seen)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say Friends 100% and maybe Family Guy.
    This thread is obviously subjective, but I agree that Friends has always been consistently good. Not seen much of Family Guy. I think Everybody Loves Raymond (I watched this as a kid though) and Red Dwarf (maybe a few iffy episodes) were also consistently good on the whole.

Two of my favourite shows, The Simpsons and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, sadly got worse as they went on. Interestingly the term 'Flanderization' was coined by the Simpsons, meaning where one characters minor traits were expanded upon each season until they consumed the character as a whole. In the case of the Simpsons for eg, Homer begins as a fairly well rounded character, who occasionally makes foolish but hilarious decisions. Marge is the opposite, rather level headed and 'boring'. After season 10 onwards, Homer just becomes this absolute bumbling buffoon whilst Marge becomes an ultra-serious foil to his jokes and blunders.
    The same thing happened in Sunny, where the characters have obvious but unstated character defects (like Dennis being a psychopath, Mac having massive body dis-morphia, Charlie being lovable but foolish, Dee being the underdog), but these traits are taken to the n'th degree in season 12+ where the characters seem to act entirely towards these traits.

To conclude I think these examples show that whilst some series devolve in quality they can still be extremely entertaining in their 'heyday' IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least I expressed an opinion, you just shit on my post without saying anything of substance... whatever man.
    Heh, you don't get it at all do you: I expressed an opinion and YOU "shit" on it. That you gave opinions to back up your opinion doesn't matter; they're still an opinion. I merely threw back at you what you threw at me: a "your opinion is wrong" response.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It's likely because in general, animation is becoming more widely accepted as a vehicle for good storytelling. The stigma has always been that anything animated is kids stuff, but that stigma is slowly being eroded away. Sure, there's really crappy anime and anime that's really juvenile... but the standard live-action programming can be just as bad. Some of the live-action programming I see on the major networks and broadcasting companies in the US are very trite and dumb, loaded with so much overacting that they give soap operas a run for their money.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Fringe. It remained more amazing with each season, and then things were pointed out as Easter eggs in every single episode. Show planned for exact number of episodes and ended gloriously.
    Last edited by xyzam; 2020-03-01 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

The Sopranos. Nuff said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was not intended that way, was just intending to express my opinion. Sorry it came out too harsh.
    Harsh? No. Unnecessary to quote me to express an alternative opinion? Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bern Notice View Post
    The Office. Even when Carell left it was still awesome.
    Just recently re-watched the series. Couldn't agree more. I regularly laughed the whole way through. God dam that was a great show.

Most of the Star Trek shows only got better at later seasons.

Frasier, Bob's Burgers, Married With Children and My Name is Earl to name a few.

I disagree with some others, but I guess its subjective to find a show getting worse or not. Futurama for example was a masterpiece for at least the first 4 seasons, but after the movies from season 5 the show felt like it declined a lot by then. I believe this was also when the show got picked up after a rather long cancellation. Family Guy has never been that good of a show imo, I liked the first 3 seasons but it was quick to decline after a few cancellations. When I watch a new episode its just very hard to believe how people can like it as much, its obviously nothing like how the show was in the first 3 seasons.

I rewatch Fringe, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer every so often.