10+ Year Old Account

[TV/Netflix] I Am Not Okay With This

Recently just started watching this show. Went into totally expecting to not be impressed, so far I am pretty impressed

For me it felt like the show was written by Dontnod, it really started off feeling like Life is Strange series lol. It was in fact made by the people who made Stranger Things and it does show. There's a lot of teenage angst in current day world.

But I was pleasantly surprised. Has anyone else seen it so far?
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-02-29 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not seen it yet, but it's from the same guy that did season 1 of End of the F*£&ing world, so I'm in.

This weekend was ALL about Altered Carbon. Might start watching this during the week.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I managed to watch this all in two nights. I thought it was going to be 45 minute episodes because that was what the pilot was, but it got shorter and shorter, and was only 7 episodes, so it was over before I really even noticed.

It seemed pretty decent. Any teenager story as I grow older and older is going to resonate less with me, but there's a sweetness to it. Euphoria was better for that teenage story type feel (and a much better "evil Jock" character), but of course this has the superhero element layered over it.

IDK how I feel about a superhero show that doesn't really even kick off in s1. The whole season was the main character coming to grips that something was seriously fucked up and that she had some sort of mental powers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Started watching this after work today and ended up streaming the entire dam thing. I highly doubt, being a 50+ year old white male, that I am the demographic targeted by the show but I enjoyed the show quite a bit. Great acting(Lillis, Oleff, and Wojtak-Hissong in particular), solid story, good stuff. Fucking cliff hanger - looking forward to season 2. Check it out if you haven't already.

The problem is that by the time a season 2 comes out, I'll have forgotten all about this show. It's happened too many times with Netflix shows for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem is that by the time a season 2 comes out, I'll have forgotten all about this show. It's happened too many times with Netflix shows for me.
    Don't watch anime then.

I'm interested in this show, which is rare for me, but I don't know how much I'd like it. If the tone is lighter than I expect, I should.

Oh, I don't think the tone is very light at all. Good luck.