Poll: How much will a black lotus cost the day Naxx is released?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Which LFR boss can wipe a ride in 8 seconds?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    And used CDs properly etc. 99 isn't just "lel rng, u lucky".
    99% is nothing but "lel rng, u lucky." Anything above 90-95% is getting lucky with crits and procs, not getting targeted, and favorable fight length. You gotta have skill to get to 95%, but anything past that is completely out of your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    99% is nothing but "lel rng, u lucky." Anything above 90-95% is getting lucky with crits and procs, not getting targeted, and favorable fight length. You gotta have skill to get to 95%, but anything past that is completely out of your hands.
    eh. ok. Guess having optimzed gear, buffs, raid setups etc isn't important then
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Looks like this is gonna change the final answers:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...stments/539024

Updated 6:00 p.m. PDT May 28 – The Black Lotus and Warsong Gulch hotfixes are live in all regions.
    Via hotfixes, we’re working on several quality-of-life improvements that should go live in the next few days.

Black Lotus scarcity has been consistently among the top issues we’ve seen player feedback about, so we’ve decided to update how we handle Black Lotus spawns. Since the launch of WoW Classic, the game has used the spawn times and locations from original World of Warcraft, but population and social factors have led to Black Lotus being much more scarce than it was in original WoW. While these issues affect all mining and herb nodes to some degree, Black Lotus is especially affected because it has the special property of only having one spawn up at a time in each of the zones it spawns in.

In original WoW, designers planned Black Lotus around a technical limitation – only 10 spawn locations per node type could be active at the same time in the same zone. We no longer have that limitation, but it gives us a design intention that we can work with: Black Lotus was supposed to spawn in the widest variety of locations, while there could only be one up at a time in each zone. As always, our goal is to minimize differences from original World of Warcraft, and we feel this is a case where we can follow that design intention in a way that is warranted by modern conditions as well as beneficial to players.

We’re going to increase the spawn rate of Black Lotus, and we’re going to add many additional possible spawn locations in each of the Black Lotus zones. With a different hotfix, we’re working on making it so that a player cannot see a Black Lotus on-screen or on their minimap if they’re dead, unless they have 300 Herbalism.

For Warsong Gulch, we’ve identified a number of locations in the battleground where clever players have found ways to get to a place they were never intended to go. These exploits are decidedly unfair, so we’re putting a stop to them. In most cases, the way we prevent such things is to place an invisible gate that blocks the unintended path. However, that’s sometimes impossible, so we make the out-of-bounds location fatal.

We’re also working on a hotfix that should put a stop to one small annoyance – now, if a player is actively engaged with the mailbox or bank, they will be considered “busy” if someone else tries to initiate a trade with them.

We’ll have all of these changes noted for you in the next Hotfixes Update that follows them going live.

Thank you!

50 internet points to the 6 people that voted "Blizzard will have to increase supply"
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP all the fuckers who stockpiled massive quantities of BL and drove the prices up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I wonder what the spawn times were reduced to? Adding additional spawn points was a good idea, I'm glad Blizz actually acted on this issue. The original system was designed in another era to suit 3,000 capacity servers. It just wasn't feasible when a majority of the classic servers are double that size.

its funny, lotus went from 270 to 30g

I dunno, I don't really like what they did but I can't really think of a better solution.

So many more people are going to raid now than did back in 2004. And it'd be beyond dumb if people couldn't progress in Naxx because they refused to increase the supply of black lotus.

However it does still take away from that feeling of wining the lottery when you get one.

I am glad that camping them as ghosts doesn't work anymore though.

I would've liked to see them put one as a drop from the end boss of each dungeon. Then you'd actually see some of these Tier 2 toons doing a Stratholme every once in a while, which I think would be good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I dunno, I don't really like what they did but I can't really think of a better solution.

So many more people are going to raid now than did back in 2004. And it'd be beyond dumb if people couldn't progress in Naxx because they refused to increase the supply of black lotus.

However it does still take away from that feeling of wining the lottery when you get one.

I am glad that camping them as ghosts doesn't work anymore though.

I would've liked to see them put one as a drop from the end boss of each dungeon. Then you'd actually see some of these Tier 2 toons doing a Stratholme every once in a while, which I think would be good for the game.
    People would just continue doing Jump runs in DM:E then. No one would care about doing the long dungeons. DM:E is about 12 min runs right now, so it fits perfectly with 5 runs an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

They could just not add it to Alzzin, he's one of the only bosses that can be reached after skipping a ton of trash. Getting to Prince Tortheldrin, High King Gordok, Balnazzar, Wyrmthalak...these things all take a long time. Maybe not Rivendare, people run him for the mount anyway.

looks like some predictions got rekt

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    They could just not add it to Alzzin, he's one of the only bosses that can be reached after skipping a ton of trash. Getting to Prince Tortheldrin, High King Gordok, Balnazzar, Wyrmthalak...these things all take a long time. Maybe not Rivendare, people run him for the mount anyway.
    Umm, actually you can get to King Gordok in 20 mins tops if you're doing a Tribute run. Either way, it would've been a much more intrusive and controversial change than what Blizz opted to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    Umm, actually you can get to King Gordok in 20 mins tops if you're doing a Tribute run. Either way, it would've been a much more intrusive and controversial change than what Blizz opted to do.
    Lol are you mad hunters can solo tribute in 10-15 minutes, yeah lets just let hunters print 5 Lotus an hour completely asinine idea.

People are also already Botting DMT with hunters to print gold and brilliant shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Lol are you mad hunters can solo tribute in 10-15 minutes, yeah lets just let hunters print 5 Lotus an hour completely asinine idea.

People are also already Botting DMT with hunters to print gold and brilliant shards.
    Not sure why you're telling me this, I'm not the one who proposed it. I do agree that letting hunters printing Lotus wouldn't be the brightest idea^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    Not sure why you're telling me this, I'm not the one who proposed it. I do agree that letting hunters printing Lotus wouldn't be the brightest idea^^
    I thought you had apologies miss quote