Poll: Pinhead vs Freddy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Pinhead vs Freddy?

Who's should go over, and who would rule the metaphysical world of hell?

In the Freddy vs Jason, I was pretty damn sure Freddy would go over some how if they managed to bring Jason into Freddy's world and I thought Jason if they brought Freddy into Jasons world.

I think that Jason won over all because he is a demon and physical world or not he still has his bargain with hell same as Jason, the difference seemed to be Freddy focused more on the meta physical world.

Now honestly I think Jason vs Michael Myers would have been a nice follow up.

However until recently I never thought of Freddy vs Pinhead and in a more evenly held match I don't know, what about you, what are your arguments for or against either taking the unholy crown?

I think I am going to have to go with Freddy, he seems to be a bit more of a master of the meta universe. My Evidence is that very few mortals even those that try to battle him in his world fail to do so. I don't know enough about Pinhead though, but to my knowledge he has been bested a few times by mortals.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-03-14 at 08:47 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Pinhead, hands down. The only way anyone escapes Pinhead is by tricking someone else to take their place. Freddy isn't going to pull that off. Also, Pinhead has backup. Yes, they are jobbers but there is still strength in numbers.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Pinhead, hands down. The only way anyone escapes Pinhead is by tricking someone else to take their place. Freddy isn't going to pull that off. Also, Pinhead has backup. Yes, they are jobbers but there is still strength in numbers.
    Same.

Freddie may be a Master at Nightmares. But Pinhead is a high legion Admiral of Hell (or Hellish Universal Dimensions) Itself. Any Dream-state Freddie wants to go to, Pinhead is there with backup. True, Freddie could (per movie lore) trap Pinhead back in the Puzzle box. But that doesn't "kill" Pinhead. It just means Freddie can't get to him either.

And I am a huge fan of both characters, so not too much bias here.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Pinhead doesn't generally get his own hands dirty. He orchestrates. He oversees. But he doesn't really engage. I don't see him ever actually throwing down with Freddy.

On the other side, I can't imagine Freddy actually doing anything to him though. Freddy's whole power comes from fear...and I can't imagine there's much that really scares Pinhead.

If you think Jason won go watch Freddy vs Jason again cause he didnt.
    And as Pinhead was once human hands down Freddy will win

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    And as Pinhead was once human hands down Freddy will win
    Freddy was human too, but I get your point. Freddy is more cunning than people give him credit for. I give it to Freddy too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pinhead
    {10things}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Who's should go over, and who would rule the metaphysical world of hell?

In the Freddy vs Jason, I was pretty damn sure Freddy would go over some how if they managed to bring Jason into Freddy's world and I thought Jason if they brought Freddy into Jasons world.

I think that Jason won over all because he is a demon and physical world or not he still has his bargain with hell same as Jason, the difference seemed to be Freddy focused more on the meta physical world.

Now honestly I think Jason vs Michael Myers would have been a nice follow up.

However until recently I never thought of Freddy vs Pinhead and in a more evenly held match I don't know, what about you, what are your arguments for or against either taking the unholy crown?

I think I am going to have to go with Freddy, he seems to be a bit more of a master of the meta universe. My Evidence is that very few mortals even those that try to battle him in his world fail to do so. I don't know enough about Pinhead though, but to my knowledge he has been bested a few times by mortals.
    Pinhead. It isn't even close.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Pinhead himself isn't actually that strong, but it's what he represents. If the cenobites show up, you're proper fucked. Pinhead is just an envoy of hell. You might beat him, but it's too late, hell already has its eye on you.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Freddy's pretty good at escaping hell, though. And he's got his own dream demons empowering him. So dealing with and thwarting those in charge of hell must not be new to him.

In the end, Freddy is more imaginative, and in the mindscape he's pretty unbeatable.

The only problem is that Pinhead may not sleep? So it would just be a physical battle. While I don't doubt Freddy's ability to find vulnerabilities left from his human days in Pinhead's mind, the main question is if he'll get the opportunity.

When he's fed on many souls, Freddy's power one on one may still be formidable. But otherwise he's pretty much a burned guy with finger knives. Not sure he has a chance to kill Pinhead. Not that Freddy can be physically killed, but Pinhead can probably damage his soul.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    It's almost like the ending was deliberately left open to interpretation so nobody would go home disappointed...

On topic:
    weird choice to throw pinhead into a vs matchup considering he kinda...doesn't really do anything, but yeah i'm not sure what exactly freddy could do to pinhead so i guess he takes it.