Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Oh okay, so you're unable to make a discussion without resorting to name-calling on top of being unable to complete proving grounds silver.

I'll end my part of the conversation as well then.
    I mean, the fellow is the golden poster boy of Dunning-Kruger effect. The most overly competent pugger ever to be seen....and has tough time with proving grounds. How he doesn't see how absurd that is, god knows, but it sure is funny read.

On LFR topic: I didn't luck out by joining 10 stacks raid like many seem to. I had to wipe all those 10 times, and ~15 on top of that until we killed him. It helped that there was about 10 of us who stayed since the beginning. The difficulty was the other 15, who kept changing at a pace of 5-10 new people per wipe. There was constant stream of new people who failed the mechanics, making it nightmare for those who had already been doing them fine for hours. Oh, and when we did kill him, we had about half the raid alive for the last phase. Others we had to kill due to MC, and them not listening to us telling them to jump off the edge and die before MC, to not waste our time.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2020-03-12 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Others we had to kill due to MC, and them not listening to us telling them to jump off the edge and die before MC, to not waste our time.
    MC people do double damage just before they get MC (like 30 seconds).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised. LFR is 90% retards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    heroics. I don't recall whether they had a part in LFR. and again, I rarely see anyone who I think is legitimately more competent than me when pugging. I play a dps spec for every class which will at times lead me to forget the full extent of one's toolkit but I should have zero trouble when putting my mind to it and while successful with the proving grounds on every toon some classes were at a greater disadvantage by a lot and this was also after a pruning where we lost a lot of our cc and such. it was definitely overtuned and not representative of the content it was unlocking. even now the most difficult content is just mobs throwing as many high damage abilities in short succession as they can, not anything that can actually be mitigated because blizz are just the ultimate trolls of game design.
    Watch out people, we have an over-competent badass here.
    Mind linking your armory so we can measure it up somehow? Pick any of your "many alts" as your main, idm.

If proving grounds was as "hard" as you put it, you wouldn't have people pushing it on Endless mode for each class/spec in Mop & WOD. Good try though.
    I don't get what satisfaction some people get by claiming they're better than others with absolutely no proof to back it up. Walk that Talk, eh?

On topic though, I really was wishing to get nzoth done on my mage and lock for the corrupted pieces, but eh, i guess I'll just have to try my luck in normal/heroic. Ilv farm, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    MC people do double damage just before they get MC (like 30 seconds).
    That's nice, but what's my damage (as melee) on the boss when I have to go around killing those MC'd people who were barely beating healers in damage in the first place? Their health ramps up considerably when MC'd, so it's not exactly one shot kind of deal either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

This thread has been a great read, 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    The only time LFR was tuned properly was in Pandaria @ Throne of Thunder; it was perfect. After that, you had undertuned braindead WoD and now the retardedly overtuned N"Zoth.
    Throne of thunder had hours long durumu and lei shen wipefests.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Isn't as easy??? LOL

Heroic mode raids are about the level of difficulty of a Classic raid. Easily cleared in 1 night by the guilds who actually put forth the effort. Please try putting LFR BWL together and seeing how that goes.
    MC and BWL are the level of lfr. Lack of mechanics and damage output makes them easy as fuck. Difference is that people in lfr don't raid usually anywhere else. They're not forum goers they are those that pre lfr maybe did one dungeon a day and log.

Simply put you put method into lfr it would likely take same time to clear all wings ad it took world first classic to clear BWL. Under an hour.

The inevitable N'zoth nerf came today, including cloak requirement to enter Wing 4 LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Throne of thunder had hours long durumu and lei shen wipefests.
    Dumuru was so hilarious. From SoO onwards it was simply outgeared, though.

MoP LFR was very entertaining in general. I loved it. People nowaday just lack a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The inevitable N'zoth nerf came today, including cloak requirement to enter Wing 4 LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumuru was so hilarious. From SoO onwards it was simply outgeared, though.

MoP LFR was very entertaining in general. I loved it. People nowaday just lack a sense of humor.
    tbh they shouldve made cloak mandatory to queue any wing

and yeah, there's always a lfr boss that dickpunches lfr.
    Archi, Blackhand, KJ, Maiden, Durumu, etc.

Its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    tbh they shouldve made cloak mandatory to queue any wing.
    The cloak is mandatory for Carapace & N'Zoth as it has direct ties to how the fight mechanics play out however the other three wings do not so that is a bit harsh, the ilvl requirement to enter them is far more sensible.

I've not leveled a new character so not sure how fast from dinging 120 on a fresh character on a new account is, for alts you should get the cloak within an hour or so of getting to 120.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    The cloak is mandatory for Carapace & N'Zoth as it has direct ties to how the fight mechanics play out however the other three wings do not so that is a bit harsh, the ilvl requirement to enter them is far more sensible.

I've not leveled a new character so not sure how fast from dinging 120 on a fresh character on a new account is, for alts you should get the cloak within an hour or so of getting to 120.
    I have done exactly that, new boosted char on fresh account. In 2 weeks had 460+ ilvl (great help from guildies), CLF rank 2, breath r3 (that took 2 extra days), protocol r3 (boring farm), conflict r2, iris r3 (that also took 2.5 weeks).
    First thing i did was cloak (took more than 1.5 hours tbh, including the few quests that follow to unlock visions), some wq to improve my gear especially weapons, which i did before the cloak, else killing uldum assault mobs with 390 weapon takes too long.
    So yea, 2.5 weeks after lvl120 boost I am 467 but I have shit corruption and still 1-2 weeks remaining for CLF r3. Also lacking good trinkets. Target is mythic raiding asap. Neck is 80.

But I had flying which helped a lot in Mechagon. And I got a shit ton of guild help boosting m+ 15s and hc raid carry.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2020-03-12 at 05:36 PM.

Well, the design on LFR just shows what happens if some idiot like Hazzikostas tries to design raids for a casual audience.

He just is not capable of doing it.

He just does not know that casual gamers want no group challenge in matchmade content.

He just is not able to understand it, as his brain capacity is completely consumed by organized group play.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even with nerf I doubt many will be touching it til they adjust the corruption mechanic/make extra action button usable in dream. LFR players make a sport out of standing in shit as long as possible.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Sorry but if you found the proving grounds silver being difficult, I am not so sure you are an 'overly competent' player.
    I had no problem even as feral-dps beating gold, it was just about knowing when to use your cooldowns and cc's correctly.
    Healer and Tank were overtuned. As Healer the tank was made from Paper, and as Tank the healer felt like a RetriPalading thinking he can heal.
    As DD you could hop in on MaxLevel ding and get Gold. As Tank you had to Farm gear from Normal Dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The argument isn't that people who don't even bother to want cloak want difficulty though. It's that not everyone wanting more difficulty, even among those who do LFR, is one of those people, and therefore their opinions shouldn't be discarded as "bullshit".

And the timer adds to the difficulty, yes, but it isn't the only thing contributing. I mean, you could BL every trash pull in old, actually hard heroic dungeons and raids some xpacks in the past too, but no one really did that. Just like an enrage timer on a boss, it's just a contributing factor, but not the only thing that makes it difficult.
    Then again, you are the kind of person who just assumes that someone disliking timers is bad at it, so I am probably wasting my time. People who want to look down on others are usually not very receptive to arguments, logic or facts that threaten that view.
    Oh their are certainly people who need to be discarded as soon as they voice their opinion.
    You simply can't adapt to every single person.
    Best you can do is not listen to the people who wouldn't do the content they criticize at all.

I am not a mythic raider so I am not gonna say sh*t like "do this and that with mythic raiding, make it 10-15-20-25 man" because I know that I wouldn't do that type of stuff no matter what blizzard does with it.
    I know my limits.

The problem is, these mouth breathers THINK they can do "hard" content when they can't.
    And then they complain how the game is too easy for them cuz they are gods, even tho we have infinitely scaling 5mans to prove your skill. They wouldnt even do a 10 in time.

Their was a moment when blizz did what they wanted: cataclysm heroics. Then they fckin dried out crying from them.
    Reality of the situation is, you have to know your place.
    After that, you need to know who to not give a fcuk about to get where you want.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Oh their are certainly people who need to be discarded as soon as they voice their opinion.
    You simply can't adapt to every single person.
    Best you can do is not listen to the people who wouldn't do the content they criticize at all.

I am not a mythic raider so I am not gonna say sh*t like "do this and that with mythic raiding, make it 10-15-20-25 man" because I know that I wouldn't do that type of stuff no matter what blizzard does with it.
    I know my limits.

The problem is, these mouth breathers THINK they can do "hard" content when they can't.
    And then they complain how the game is too easy for them cuz they are gods, even tho we have infinitely scaling 5mans to prove your skill. They wouldnt even do a 10 in time.

Their was a moment when blizz did what they wanted: cataclysm heroics. Then they fckin dried out crying from them.
    Reality of the situation is, you have to know your place.
    After that, you need to know who to not give a fcuk about to get where you want.
    I still fail to see how this applies to this topic tbh. People here were complaining about those who don't even try making the boss all but impossible for those who do. That doesn't mean that those who complain can't do hard content.
    Heck, three people from my guild went to LFR N'zoth yesterday, expecting a slugfest for a lol. They couldn't beat it. And a few hours later we went and cleared HC in one go with only minor hiccups from memeing or being distracted by discord. Sometimes, the people who think they can do harder content can do harder content, shock of all shocks. The issue with N'zoth LFR though was that you needed to be able to do way, way more than just your part because of idiots, which made this a legitimate complaint.

That's why discarding anyone who complaints is silly. You have no idea about their abilities etc just from that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The issue with N'zoth LFR though was that you needed to be able to do way, way more than just your part because of idiots, which made this a legitimate complaint.

That's why discarding anyone who complaints is silly. You have no idea about their abilities etc just from that alone.
    Wellll I would say the main issue with this wing of LFR is that there is far more coordination needed than in previous wings and communication is, for various reasons including language barriers, at a minimum. Getting people to split properly for p2, which is an essential part of this fight, just wasn't happening, for example. That coupled with the increased personal responsibility of maintaining your sanity is proving to be too much for many.

I fully expect another nerf to come down by Tuesday. The clear rate is becoming worse than past LFR killers and it's not just because "lol LFR casuals bad".

I don't know but LFR N'Zoth does not qualify as "sightseeing" difficulty. I tried 4 different raids yesterday and today. None could beat the fight even remotely. After 7-10 dedication and one hour+ the raid usually fell apart. No, that wasn't an "everyone was afk" issue, these people were sorted out after a few tries, but randoms this player level/skill without TS/Discord can not beat this encounter at the moment. People tried. They explained, posted what to do over DBM but the best try was something like 78%. This combined with 1hr+ queue time for DPS is simply frustrating for veterans and casuals alike. I hope they tune it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchthereaper View Post
    Yes corruptions, you know that buff from gear. That doesn't make it "mandatory" for the fight. Great try though A for effort.
    It’s like watching two kids fight over which one lied about touching boobs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Healer and Tank were overtuned. As Healer the tank was made from Paper, and as Tank the healer felt like a RetriPalading thinking he can heal.
    As DD you could hop in on MaxLevel ding and get Gold. As Tank you had to Farm gear from Normal Dungeons.
    You do realize that no matter what gear you had it was scaled down to a certain level right

And as someone who did all three it seems like you just kind of suck you probably think all you have to do is heal and not realize that you can interrupt and as a tank you probably made the same mistake while at the same time not managing your defenses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloto View Post
    Well, the design on LFR just shows what happens if some idiot like Hazzikostas tries to design raids for a casual audience.

He just is not capable of doing it.

He just does not know that casual gamers want no group challenge in matchmade content.

He just is not able to understand it, as his brain capacity is completely consumed by organized group play.
    Yeah fuck it dude they should just press a button and then get mailed gear from the loot table

Well, it took me 5 hours, two different queues and 10 stacks of determination, but I did finish it. And I'll tell you, it was everything you'd have in a guild raid. And when you finally succeed, you have that awesome moment where everyone is thrilled and happy and its just awesome. It's the first LFR boss in a long time which requires communication and coordination, or you will wipe - guaranteed. That being said, I can't say I'd go back. Not until everyone has been through the learning phase and the boss is on LFR farm.