Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh all this change did was make me roll a brand new hunter. But I already know I'm switching to a hunter for Shadowlands, tbh, this change does nothing but give peace of mind in case I somehow come back to play BFA, it doesn't actually directly give anything, it's amazing.

Did they do more work than they had to just to come up with this currency exchange system for the essences? If the answer is yes, then that is why no one wants to play BFA. Good for them, I'll play classic and then wait for Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    farm stupid currency for stuff that will be removed in 3 months with prepatch or not .... tough choice indeed
    Huh. That's a good point too. Hadn't thought of that.

Essences are a rental-power. We've only had them for like half of this expansion's lifetime, and since there's no 8.3.5, we will likely lose our Essences forever as soon as the very next content patch comes out.

The Essences are going away very very soon, and the longer it takes to get them, the less meaningful the entire catch-up system even is.

Honestly, this Essence unlocking change should have been included in the initial release of 8.3. In its current state, it should've been available as soon as this patch went live. Which means by the time it actually IS added this week, everyone should've already been DONE catching up.
    If it was included when it should've been included, it'd be no different to a patch releasing today that just unlocks all the Essences automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Did they do more work than they had to just to come up with this currency exchange system for the essences? If the answer is yes, then that is why no one wants to play BFA. Good for them, I'll play classic and then wait for Shadowlands.
    That's the thing, isn't it? This change is just a worse version of what players were asking for, which took more work to implement than what players were asking for.

Blizzard literally bending over backwards to not give players what they want, while pretending that they listened.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    No, you need to play the game. It's just as simple as that. Play the goddamn game.
    I don't know why you seem to think alts should just magically be set to your mains powerlevels without having to log on? WTF man?
    Oh, oh, oh! I've got one for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    even if Essences were COMPLETELY account-wide, and everyone's HoA was automatically brought up to max level... you'd still need to play your alt as much as you play your main to get the same level of gear on it.

This idea that having all of the Essences on your Alts would somehow magically propel them up to the same lofty heights as your main, clad in 480 Azerite gear, wearing the best Corruptions and BiS trinkets, with all those bonus Gem slots... is absolutely baffling to me. How have people managed to convince themselves that Essences are all the matter? Especially in this age of Infinite Stars and Twilight Devastations.
    Whu-ba-ba-BAM. Literally the exact same post that you were replying to, even! Good job!

Seriously, this notion that account-wide Essences will just somehow magically make your alts as strong as your mains is stupid. Bafflingly stupid.

"I'd like Essences on my alts, please."
    "HOW COME YOU WANT YOUR ALTS WEARING MYTHIC RAID GEAR WITH THE BEST CORRUPTIONS AND SOCKETS ON EVERY PIECE AND AN AUTOMATICALLY-MAX-LEVEL HEART OF AZEROTH?!"

Cool strawmanning there. Very cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.

Edit: Haha, what a shocker. Mostly negativity from the usual suspects.
    Oh well, don't utilize the update then. For those of us still wanting to play, this is pretty sweet.

Why do that when they can just let their mind-authorities tell them what REALLY went down...?
    Seriously. If they don't listen, it's bad. If they do listen, it's bad anyway and they didn't really listen to feedback so "don't accept teh mediocrity!!"...

Utterly hopeless. At least they're happy on other forums.

From official channel: "Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game."
    i would suggest that the problem here is: did blizz really listen to the feedback? Not really or am i mistaken?

First of all: i love the change and i think it'S awesome. i kept my alts somewhat up to date the entire time so this change comes in handy for me.

But getting the rank 3s in the first place is still horrible.

Obtaining the ones on alts are not what people asked for (i think it's fair to argue if it's too complex or not after the patch).

But the most shocking thing for me here is: this feature is absolutely not implemented "just because we heard your feedback". Giving different amounts of resources for different content, being able to buy that stuff... that didn't happen in a week worth of developers time. That feature was long planned and the timeline is just brilliant. "Clear the hall of fame and then we can release that stuff because otherwise the content creators go nuts because "people that want to progress are forces to no life thier alts for the essences"

So all in all, that seems like a feature which could have been out for a long time but they simply decided to not put it on the official release to avoid drama...at least that's how. i feel about it and that seems...stupid

Phew. At least you understand it.
    I don't get the anxiety some people have around this. If you need the essences on your alt - great, now they're easy to get.
    If you don't (and I bet most don't), then you don't have to grind anything at all.
    Let me run a question past you.

If the system is built around the idea that you gear your alt to like 445 before you start worrying about this system... and you can do all the 8.3 content you'd want to do on your alt at 445 ilvl, without getting all the Essences... then what do you think the actual point of this change even is?

It's not to make your alt as strong as your main; your alt will still need to get Mythic gear, good Corruptions and grind Azerite levels.
    It's not to enable your alt to do the mid-difficulty content; you need to be able to do that content already to make proper use of the catch-up.

In your mind, what is this system even for? Who is it for?

It's superweird to argue with someone who is so passionate about a tiny in-game system that only effects end-game, but at the same time so against actually playing the game. None of your argument makes any sense. At all.
    It's super weird seeing someone desperately downplaying the strength and importance of a system while, in the same sentence, claiming the system is too powerful to just let people have it. None of your arguments make any sense.

At all.

It's for people who want to engage in end-game content (raiding, pushing keys etc) with their alts without having to grind several weeks for certain hard to get essence ranks. Everyone else can relax and go back to doing whatever they were doing.
    But by your own admission, those players already have all the Essences they need and "don't have to grind anything at all".

If you need the essences on your alt - great, now they're easy to get.
    If you don't (and I bet most don't), then you don't have to grind anything at all.

So by your own words, it's a system implemented entirely for the benefit of people who don't need it in the first place?

No, you need to play the game. It's just as simple as that. Play the goddamn game.
    I don't know why you seem to think alts should just magically be set to your mains powerlevels without having to log on? WTF man?
    i think its all the spoiled wrathbabies that were spoon fed raid level gear with badges from the most braindead easy heroics in the games history,i will never stop saying this,wrath trained players to be bad,and it also had big sub numbers,but its to be expected,more people want to play a casual game than a complex challenging one

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormvind View Post
    Or we could just quit. You can obtain some essences quicker by doing the stupid grind for them than you can obtain them with echoes. They're just pissing us in the face and people act like they're doing us a favour.
    Soo.. you will quit if you must lift yor finger (like you have any idea what grind is), but somehow you would stay if you got CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON message on every alt you log on?

Yeah, I call bullshit.

We're talking about a system for alts though? People who quit on their main because they don't like the essence system are a bit different group, don't you think?
    Have you ever thought about doing the people in your environment a huge favour and just like, jumping off a cliff, telling the bacteria in your house (I'm sure you don't have any friends or family living with you, nobody could stand somebody like that for long) to fuck off for a bit then gassing yourself? Or jumping in front of a train or something? Sure that will make some people upset, but nothing that wouldn't get offset by the world not having you here anymore, a net positive in the end.

You are exactly what is wrong with the community. And like, just out of sheer curiosity, can you please link your armory, rio or WCL? I'm genuinely curious as to what caliber of a player you are to be spouting so much nonsense. I already have an idea in my mind and the idea of you is not that of a cutting edge player or anything close to it.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Have you ever thought about doing the people in your environment a huge favour and just like, jumping off a cliff, telling the bacteria in your house (I'm sure you don't have any friends or family living with you, nobody could stand somebody like that for long) to fuck off for a bit then gassing yourself? Or jumping in front of a train or something? Sure that will make some people upset, but nothing that wouldn't get offset by the world not having you here anymore, a net positive in the end.

You are exactly what is wrong with the community. And like, just out of sheer curiosity, can you please link your armory, rio or WCL? I'm genuinely curious as to what caliber of a player you are to be spouting so much nonsense. I already have an idea in my mind and the idea of you is not that of a cutting edge player or anything close to it.
    "I disagree with your opinion, therefore you shall jump off a bridge. By telling you that I show everyone how this community should be."

Man I thought you could unlock them on all alts by doing daily and weekly stuff on your main. Still not sure if I can be arsed doing assaults and visions on 11 alts...

Hey I know this conversation is over but I wanted to response to this specific reply right here:

Your limitation in this case is not the essences. It's your ilvl. So you need to do some other content. 8.3 base level is higher than that. Heroic dungeons drop 415. M0 drops 430. None of those require rank 3 essences. I feel like you're spinning up hypotethical edge case here to support your head-narrative.
    That is not 100% accurate. Currently, a good corruption will net you about 30, sometimes even over 50% DPS increase depending on the corrupted item level and your item level.
    You can AH buy a 475 piece of gear with stars 3 and youll do more DPS on your 390 ilvl alt than most people do on their 450s if they dont have the correct corruptions given you have the right essences and know your rotation well.

@Mixxy

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post

You're literally telling someone to kill themselves because you disagree with their opinion, but he's the problem with the community? I genuinely hope you get into therapy or something for your issues before you hurt yourself or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Man I thought you could unlock them on all alts by doing daily and weekly stuff on your main. Still not sure if I can be arsed doing assaults and visions on 11 alts...
    Their whole issue with account wide essences in the first place was they didn't want your main unlocking power upgrades for your alts, so it kind of makes sense this is the system they want with. Personally I'll be focusing on the two alts I really want to play right now, get the 3 or 4 essences I need on them to be competitive, then start working on my next alts. Figure that way I won't get burned out with visions/assaults and all my alts will get their rank 3 essences in a couple of months, and since Shadowlands isn't coming for about 9 months that's a lot of time I'll have with all my alts having their proper essences.

I do not understand how anyone can think this is what the players asked for.

The players asked to make essences account bound. The devs just moved the grind from Nazjatar to Nyalotha. Uldum and Eternal Blossoms.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-17 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormvind View Post
    Playing the game =/= Doing stupid, mindnumbingly boring grinds. They should just get rid of anything but gear for char progression since they can't do it right with alternative ways of progression.
    Yeah sure and we would have another WoD with absolutly nothing to do. No thanks. Gear is alredy way too easy to obtain thanks to welfare from mythic+. If you dont like grinds dont play mmorpg games. Go play some solo games.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2020-03-17 at 11:30 AM.

Echoes look easy to get, i'm happy with this. Potentially get 2x rank 3 essences per week if I do my PvP and PvP. WINNING.

Whiny entitled people on it again

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yeah sure and we would have another WoD with absolutly nothing to do. No thanks. Gear is alredy way too easy to obtain thanks to welfare from mythic+. If you dont like grinds dont play mmorpg games. Go play some solo games.
    What do you know about that? You only do lfr and mm0 and call it a day xD