Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seriously though, what took so frickin' long? We have the usual incredibly long end of expansion content drought and they don't want people to keep playing to mess around on their alts? C'mon.

Account-wide essences are so widely wanted that it's become a meme. Their obstinance on this hurt the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    "Listened to feedback" yea right . Like this wasn't part of their dastardly plan to begin with, but this makes people think they give a shit about your "feedback". If Ion had a mustache, he'd be twirling it right now like some evil mastermind.
    Yep.
    Bottlenecks.
    Acquisition rate is always increased after time periods pass.

Remember how they waited a couple months into uldir to let wq azerite go past 340? lol.

Mmo-c posters are stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Blizz sticks to their guns on essences: reeeeee Blizz doesn't listen

Blizz caves and gives us account wide rank 3 essences: reeeee Blizz doesn't listen

Queen of Hamsters nailed it. There is no pleasing some of you.
    you new here? been like that forever. complain to complain

"Listened to feedback" yea right . Like this wasn't part of their dastardly plan to begin with, but this makes people think they give a shit about your "feedback". If Ion had a mustache, he'd be twirling it right now like some evil mastermind.
    It's not really evil. It's just something companies do for a better bottom line. About as evil as putting on a sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    So unsub and play a game that isn't developed by Boris and Natasha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Yep.
    Bottlenecks.
    Acquisition rate is always increased after time periods pass.

Remember how they waited a couple months into uldir to let wq azerite go past 340? lol.

Mmo-c posters are stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

you new here? been like that forever. complain to complain
    Pointing out hypocrisy doesn't mean I've never seen it before. Especially on this cesspool of a forum, which is remarkably similar to listening to a bunch of spoiled little children.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

My read is they never intended to allow it. This was one of those "vision of the game" things. The constant, continuous, unrelenting negative feedback actually changed their minds. But hey, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    My read is they never intended to allow it. This was one of those "vision of the game" things. The constant, continuous, unrelenting negative feedback actually changed their minds. But hey, I could be wrong.
    you're wrong, and I'll tell you why.

this is going to be slower than normal, with the exception of maybe conflict and strife.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I'm hoping it's more a desperate move to try and stop classic from destroying sl.
    Got to fear those 2 hr pug clears of BWL. This is an honest question here. ARE YOU DRUNK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Honestly, the theme of Essences does seem to indicate, to me, that they should be character-driven. I just rolled a new toon 3 weeks ago and I'm already nearly rank 3 on all the super grindy Essences so while this is a welcome change it's hardly a necessary one (imo).

5+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is partially true, though instead of going from nothing to something, it was more like the feedback pushed them to bump it up to now rather than say, leave it for a month or two before pre-patch or maybe pre-patch itself.

We are still a fuckton of time away from ShL so anyone who says its too late are actually just being babies lol. Even if you started from 0 you could easily get rank 3 of p much everything in one month, maybe two months.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Honestly, the theme of Essences does seem to indicate, to me, that they should be character-driven. I just rolled a new toon 3 weeks ago and I'm already nearly rank 3 on all the super grindy Essences so while this is a welcome change it's hardly a necessary one (imo).

For most essences the only problem was time, but this change is extremely helpful if you're playing say, a tank and need conflict rank 3. For me personally I'm glad I won't have to grind out the blood of the enemy rank 3 anymore because some classes are just terrible in pvp rn.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Ah yes, not even an hour after the announcement and the waves of revisionism have already begun.

"GREAT CHNG BLIZZ BUT Y U NO DO IT ALRDY HUH Y U NVR LISTEN HUHHHHHH?!???!!??/"

This community fucking sucks. It's an improvement. Please. Just leave it at that.
    Yeah. It's the same improvement they made at the end of Legion where they introduced the Legendary currency to reduce randomness and give players a way to use their main account to boost their alts. If you can't realize, why people are angry, that they made the same mistakes they did in Legion, then you are the problem. No, we should not be grateful that we get that now. We should have gotten that right from the start. Because the same problem was already fixed before and they "forgot" the fix for it (If we don't assume malicious intend but incompetence on Blizz' end).

No, what they do and I'm 100% sure you haven't noticed it because you're a forum complainer, is that they bottleneck.
    At the start of a patch, rerolling is harder, and it is intentional.
    They *always* relax requirements and nerf content as a patch goes on for a period of time. Granted I was hoping they stuck to their guns, making you have to do content to get currency rather than have everything automatically attainable is a compromise I'll accept.
    You are probably right. But given the fact, that you have to invest heavily in a class, only to sometimes realize that even with Azerite/Essences it still feels wrong, it may be not the best decision to bottleneck players too hard here. I'd argue that before this change the cost for switching mains (or even maintaining an alt) was way too high for many players. So they quit. And I doubt that this change will get them back, considering the content draught that awaits us.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-03-13 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Got to fear those 2 hr pug clears of BWL. This is an honest question here. ARE YOU DRUNK?
    in all fairness it seems that the "community" wants competitive easy content. which makes absolutely no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yeah. It's the same improvement they made at the end of Legion where they introduced the Legendary currency to reduce randomness and give players a way to use their main account to boost their alts. If you can't realize, why people are angry, that they made the same mistakes they did in Legion, then you are the problem. No, we should not be grateful that we get that now. We should have gotten that right from the start. Because the same problem was already fixed before and they "forgot" the fix for it (If we don't assume malicious intend but incompetence on Blizz' end).
    it's not a mistake it's an intentional bottleneck.

you're wrong, and I'll tell you why.

this is going to be slower than normal, with the exception of maybe conflict and strife.
    We don't know that yet. But hey, if you're right, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I believe this is partially true, though instead of going from nothing to something, it was more like the feedback pushed them to bump it up to now rather than say, leave it for a month or two before pre-patch or maybe pre-patch itself.

We are still a fuckton of time away from ShL so anyone who says its too late are actually just being babies lol. Even if you started from 0 you could easily get rank 3 of p much everything in one month, maybe two months.

For most essences the only problem was time, but this change is extremely helpful if you're playing say, a tank and need conflict rank 3. For me personally I'm glad I won't have to grind out the blood of the enemy rank 3 anymore because some classes are just terrible in pvp rn.
    For me, personally, it means never having to do the stupid fucking Nazjatar follower quests again. I strongly dislike dailies. :3

We don't know that yet. But hey, if you're right, you're right.
    you can farm rank 3's simultaneously.
    with this, you can only farm 1 at a time.

Only takes 3 weeks for the non pvp essences to get to r3 (and r3 iris isnt even a dps upgrade over r2 (which you get immediately), funny enough)

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Unfortunately it's not that straight forward. They've just added a grind for a new currency which is required to purchase each of the individual essences on an individual Alt which means it's more like Account Wide Vendor access. Granted we don't know cost or drop rate yet but it's amazing how much Blizzard doesn't want to concede to people's requests for Account Wide Essences and stubbornly trying to make it their "win" by still forcing a grind.
    At least we can do whatever content we want to earn them now.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

For me, personally, it means never having to do the stupid fucking Nazjatar follower quests again. I strongly dislike dailies. :3
    all of my healer alts run r1 lucid major and it has never stopped them from being able to clear heroic raids/15 keys

Well, you're doing 8.3 relevant content, yeah.

Seriously though, what took so frickin' long?
    Player interest falling off a cliff rather than slowly waning as expected.

it's not a mistake it's an intentional bottleneck.
    sorry, my answer to you was apparently too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Wrong. Dead fucking Wrong. When was the last time Blizzard allowed power items to be obtained using irrelevent content?

Never.

This is the first time blizzard have allowed powerful items to be obtained using obsolete content. Now the have fixed it. Your discoherent ramblings about blizzard doing this before are false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro