Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    We will never know why they changed it. It could be due to player metrics, could be due to whining, could be because they agreed. It's a multitude of reasons and to assume it is one is wrong.
    And since it got changed, it doesn't matter what the reason is, all these reasons still disprove the notion that grinding essences on alts wasn't a problem because they were easy to re-get.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    And since it got changed, it doesn't matter what the reason is, all these reasons still disprove the notion that grinding essences on alts wasn't a problem because they were easy to re-get.
    you'll still have to grind them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Alternate take: try appreciating the fact that they listen to us.
    The expansion is already over, the damage is already done... It doesn't matter if they listen if they don't do it until it's too late.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

"Blizzard wants me to play my twink so I can equip them with essences? How dare they!"

Yeah. That's every complain compressed. They delete weeks of different long grinds, making it a unified way to get them if you own them on your main char and all that happens are endless complains. This is a huge simplification you don't realize. And instead of appreciating it, you go on and stomp it regardless, because blizzard doesn't gift it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you'll still have to grind them
    We don't know that yet. If completing one invasion is enough for an essence, it's cool. If you need to do 5, screw that noise.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, I had expected them to do this mid-March. This is for Q2 reports.

They had the new raid for Q1, which can hold players for couple of month. what to do to keep ppl playing till Shadowlands? Yep, account wide essences for the alts.

Mark my words. In next 3 month, they will announce another 6month sub plus free store mount plan.

i think this is too late. there are still people playing the game but many others like me have just stopped. it's too grindy as a patchy already and this is another grind.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Believe it or not, I had expected them to do this mid-March. This is for Q2 reports.

They had the new raid for Q1, which can hold players for couple of month. what to do to keep ppl playing till Shadowlands? Yep, account wide essences for the alts.

Mark my words. In next 3 month, they will announce another 6month sub plus free store mount plan.
    you mean when the current 6 month mount subscription ends? Wow ur a psychic. Ty professor xavius

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you mean when the current 6 month mount subscription ends? Wow ur a psychic. Ty professor xavius
    Oh please, my name is Professor Moriarty.

Mmm nice Blood of the Enemy and Conflict of Strife on my rogue and hunter without farming the last 20k honor and doing the weekly conquest cap on on each then. I guess you still have to do a little effort but you will get them from content that you enjoy like raids and dungeons on your alt. Thats what people wanted right? Anything else would be a 100% handout and that we don't need.

Saving all my vision runs on my chars until next reset then!

No, I would have strongly preferred them being straight-up account-wide. This is much better for switching mains than alts. That said it's certainly an improvement, and if it's 1 invasion=1 essence that would be fine.

I don't know if people should really be excited about this. The full statement basically tells you that this is not the fix or implementation people had in mind when requesting this change.

In particular, they said:

"Our goal with this update is to preserve the efforts that players put into unlocking a given Essence through its associated activity the first time, while offering subsequent characters far more flexibility in pursuing that goal."

That's like saying:

"We have heard your feedback about needing to be on the hamster wheel for 3 days solid so we have thought a lot about this and decided to break it all down into 3 shifts of 1 day each to be completed back to back."

Either way, we are on that hamster wheel for 3days solid.

I personally think that the player base expected a more direct method of obtaining the essences on alts. Such as either directly unlocking them once you have it on a toon or by implementing a specific BoA token system that your main could buy and send to an alt to learn.

But we are getting a grind that has just been spruced up a bit to not need you to focus so much on earlier content in the game. A win for sure but a very far cry from what people actually wanted and it's still going to take time to unlock these on alts to the point it's a change that almosts makes itself irrelevant before it's patched in - since will still be spending time doing something no matter what.

Another feature that should have been account wide from the start.
    Blizzard doing their best to squeeze out that /playtime with boring grinding to the last moment possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    NEVER! Ysera and Alexstrasza could come out of the damn computer and give you a back rub and people would still bitch.
    Those two, with Jaina and Valeera. Only then I would be satisfied...ffs Ion!

This back rub SUCKS!

probably is true alpha is delayed for a while if there trying to give you reasons to keep playing 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    probably is true alpha is delayed for a while if there trying to give you reasons to keep playing 8.3
    Can't delay something with no release date.

Slands is 9+ months away, give it another month and Blizz will just give everything away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Alternate take: try appreciating the fact that they listen to us.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised, this seemed like one of the things they were sticking to their guns on. Good on them.
    I know this may suprise you.

But blizz does actually listen to feedback.

Classic- never gunna happen- players tell them to do it- they do it

flying- never gunna happen- players tell them to return it- they comprimise and give it back but you need to do content

Titanforging- we like it- remove it- ok no titanforging in shadowlands

among other things like transmogging legendaries, like charecter slots, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Another feature that should have been account wide from the start.
    Blizzard doing their best to squeeze out that /playtime with boring grinding to the last moment possible.
    I love how you tell them to listen to players, then when they do its just "they just wanna squeeze gameplay time out" ffs, they cant win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post

I love these kinda things, so fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This solves the problem of "I don't want to do out-of-date content for required power progression" but doesn't cater to the crowd saying "I want my alts to be raid ready as soon as they hit 120". Good change by Blizz, bravo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    This solves the problem of "I don't want to do out-of-date content for required power progression" but doesn't cater to the crowd saying "I want my alts to be raid ready as soon as they hit 120". Good change by Blizz, bravo
    We will have to see how fast these are earnable, cause who knows, could take like 30 minutes to get a rank 3 essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content