Page 1 of 2
LastLast

List what you consider Chores & pure Excitement

What content do you consider a "chore" and what content do you get REALLY excited over.
    I have a Golden Rule for current WoW that is to avoid as much as possible what i consider "chores" and try to have as much fun as possible.
    (im always behind of the curve with this rule mine )

For me:

Chores:
    Everything that is a mandatory farm for more than 2 weeks (2 weeks+ is my limit) i instantly give up and dont even bother starting the farm.
    Flying, essences, reputations, currencies literally everything that takes more than 2 weeks...insta surrender

Excitement:
    -Random Battlegrounds (specially after getting a new customization option OR trying new builds)
    -Low key Mythic+ (from 2 to 8) and sometimes even Mythic 0 (specially or only after getting upgrades and new customization options OR trying new builds)

What about you?

I clicked this thread thinking something way different.

I find washing dishes to be fun and not actually a chore. However, I can't get myself to place everything where it goes after they are clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I clicked this thread thinking something way different.

I find washing dishes to be fun and not actually a chore. However, I can't get myself to place everything where it goes after they are clean.
    Its something i consider before starting doing ANYTHING in wow.
    "Is this chore worth doing for the reward?"

I ask this question every single time For me almost everything in WoW is something i dont actually want to do...but i still do for the reward.

Fun:

World PvP, Random BGs (unless they're infested with immortal healers), using professions, making gold etc. Casualish raids with guild as in normal-heroic, maybe getting some TF stuff. Story quests and leveling to some extent (not spamming alts though).

Chores:

Dailies (while I can tolerate WQs to some extent, I hate these and never do them no matter what), mythic+(it's weird how I went from enjoying instances in the past expansions to hating them thanks to m+), leveling up alts to max level.

@Scrod

How about doing the first Conquest Weekly cap for a 440 ilvl weapon? Just an idea

BFA is pure chores.

Excitement :
    - everything doing first time
    - trying new boss, while less than 50 pulls

Chores :
    - everything doing second and more times

5+ Year Old Account
    Chores:

Naz follower dailies.

Excitement:

-Warfronts (only bc of the gear)

-Dungeons

-Raids

-Levelling

-PvP

-Some questlines/zones (Val'Sharah and Drustvar are always a treat)
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't consider anything a chore. But then, I don't consider anything exciting. Except for new content. Exploring new content for myself is exciting. Anything else is relaxing. As long as I don't do everything everyday. Sometimes, even the most monotone activity is the best thing in the world for me. The more I can switch my brain to autopilot, the better. It helps me relax. It's like meditation.
    I don't need excitement, I want entertainment. It doesn't need to be difficult or something like that.

Chores- anything in the game that is not running Dungeons or Raids.

There you have it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Chores:
    Everything while combat is basically absent mindedly pressing buttons and waiting for procs to hit.

Pure excitement:
    Everything when combat is actually fun and engaging.

Chores - dailies/world quests for the most part. War Mode can help spice it up a little.

Excitement - unique quests. The best part of Legion was the order hall questlines, to the point where I was up for leveling like a dozen alts over the course of that expansion, somewhat chore-y since I had seen all those quests before, just to see that unique questline as the payoff. In the same way I dealt with the Suramar world quests to see the Suramar questline, which was the real appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

At this point everything other than maybe raiding is a chore. Just the idea of having to do a 5-man, a warfront or a vision run feels so unfun.

Chores in the sense of video games, are better described as 'busy work' or 'tedious activities.'

Chores in video games are things you must do, or are heavily punished for not doing, in order to succeed in the thing you actually like doing.

For instance:

- Didn't farm Azshara for 4 weeks on heroic? Punished as a healer or a dps for trying to do 2v2 without that essence.
    - Didn't farm 50,000 honor in BGs? Punished if all you want to do is pve.
    - Didn't go through all the old LFRs to get your legendary cloak back in mop? punished in all game content.
    - Didn't fly the whole way out to vale and uldum? Punished with less stats.

In most cases video games recognise this, so they create a main path with visible power upgrades along the way, then any branches off, such as Mage Tower or Challenge Mode dungeons or Arena 2200 rating, are not lined with power upgrades, but rather cosmetic upgrades. This is the same in your single player games. The main quest always has the upgrades, then you can explore further to see the area and pick up collectables for steam achievements.

Occasionally WoW seems to forget this foundation to basic videogame design, and puts enormous power upgrades onto things a fraction of the playerbase was doing, not because the thing didn't give rewards, but because the thing was so fucking bad that no one wanted to do it anyway, such as Arena, old raids, LFR, farming reps, alts.

Like:

+I actually like the farm for essences, flying etc. the first time around because it is something to work to.
    +Everything with raids (i don't enter LFR, PuGs ftw!, and mythic with guild)
    +Mythic+ to an extend.
    +Visions

Dislike:

-Everything PvP. I don't like it with my druid and never will. Hate that i theoretically have to do it for the essence, but i won't and never will. Haven't even done a PVP Island.
    -Doing timegated farms AGAIN on a twink. First time is alight. No problem with gating. Second time it is anoying as fu**. The new essence solution on the other hand is good. Because you still have to do something to earn it but you don't get it handed to you.
    - Excessive Mythic+ farming for that one drop. I still have not got Infinite Stars 3 and at this point i resign. I don't think i will ever get it. I can egt behind running 5-6 a week. But more should stop giving you benefits. I am basically forced to run the shit out of them if i want to be competitive
    -Islands... thank god you don't need to run them anymore even on twinks with the current AP Knowledge

pure excitement is playing bgs and facing off against regular opponents with absolutely no fucking elo chess ratings crap. oh, that doesnt exist.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    pure excitement is playing bgs and facing off against regular opponents with absolutely no fucking elo chess ratings crap. oh, that doesnt exist.
    Could you explain?
    Does BfA have a matchmaking system for random bgs or something?
    I dont get what is "elo chess rating".

Chores: Everything that has a daily limitation. Things that give you the feeling of "missing out".
    Exitement: Everything other PvE realted.

right now the only thing i consider a chore is visions.

Doing 1-2 a week is fine even fun with friends.
    Doing 3-6 a week the time they take starts to really add up.
    Leveling a Alts cloak is where it really starts to hurt though. it's just a pain to carry people until they get gift of the titans.

And then they added guaranteed corrupt gear, so now you can't even say "i can stop once i have enough sockets" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    And then they added guaranteed corrupt gear
    Where? Please tell me where is the guaranteed corrupted pieces plz

I say this because i saw a video yesterday of a Method player who did a +5 Horrific Vsion and got a normal item (not corrupted)