View Poll Results: How hyped you are (at this moment, right before Alpha) about SL ?

Voters
346. This poll is closed

87 25.14%

29 8.38%

22 6.36%

34 9.83%

13 3.76%

34 9.83%

25 7.23%

34 9.83%

28 8.09%

8 2.31%

32 9.25%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    - - - snip - - -
    In general, I completely disagree with your point, my request is fair and justified, because "content" of character belongs fully to me, which means I have every right to control its shell (within game rules of course, nonetheless game keeps on positioning itself with RPG genre, which have role play in it), but... Well, okay, finally, I'm generally cheerful and not desperate person, so I'd say about that something like "we'll see, world is full of surprises, especially ..of warcraft one"

For protocol: you can't disagree that "0" in my case is absolutely fair choice? Mmm? So, as I said, I completely answered your question, didn't I?
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-03-23 at 06:19 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Around 6 or 7. I HYPED about NEW stuff in the game, but nothing special.
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quite cold. What they showcased at BlizzCon didn't impress me. Now that it's been some time and I've been playing other games (Conan Exiles, Witcher 3) I feel even less enthusiastic about WoW.

I think the long time-investment into the story is the strongest grip the game has on me at this point. Whenever we get new snippets of information I'm keenly ingesting them. But the game itself? Not that interested. Give me a month or two to play through the story events and I'm good for another 3-6 month break. The plan for the moment is to wait a bit before Shadowlands releases to play through 8.3 stuff, then moving on to the expansion.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Zero interest in the story, doesnt look like they will solve the Teldrassil situation anytime soon, zone concept feels outdated and the zones itself look very disconnected, another rental power system that I am not interested in and if Thorgast in anything like Visions its probably dead to me before the expansion even launched.

Will still play it, perhaps leveling will be fun (but I doubt it because of the power loss with no replacement which they still have no solution for).

Not interested in the customization or new starting area at all so yeah, doesn't look too promising to me, but I am happy if I am wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’ve never been so unhyped.

Every patch makes things worse, so I’m dreading 9.0.
    Thats the general feeling I have since 4.0 tbh. Its not always MUCH worse (like WoD or BfA) but it declines slowly and steadily for years now.
    Would be fine if those big drops like WoD and BfA weren't a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No new class, no new races. Don't like the setting, only 4 zones, neither particularly up my alley. Opening cinematic horribly uninspiring, preorder bonuses bland (compare DK allied races to DH early access or BFA allied races... come on).

They are trying really hard to disinterest me with SL, the only thing that excited me so far was extra character customisation.

3/10
    Same, and I wouldn't even go so far as say excited, but piqued, have yet to see what they do for the elves -- which is the only thing left that would determine if i actually have a shred of excitement for it.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I put a 5 in the poll. I know that I'm going to play the expansion, as I have played everything WoW since 2004. My issue though is there isn't really much out there to get me excited. The fact that the team has been radio silent since BlizzCon hasn't helped.

Very few things get my hype up and it never goes down. WoW is not one of those things. Blizzcon gave me a 4-5, lack of info since then dropped it to like a 1/2. Once datamined stuff starts showing up, it'll go up a bit depending on what I see. Right this minute though, 0 - 1/2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im just such a WoW fan that any rubbish they trow at me hypes me by 8.
    New zones, hype, new dungeons, hype, new raid, hype, can't wait for Shadowlands!

Even BFA ain't that aweful. Just play something else when you are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Im just such a WoW fan that any rubbish they trow at me hypes me by 8.
    New zones, hype, new dungeons, hype, new raid, hype, can't wait for Shadowlands!

Even BFA ain't that aweful. Just play something else when you are bored.
    I'm not condescending to you at all here, but I really wish I still had that in me. I don't know if it's age or what but I seem to have lost patience for things that are just "ok". I used to be able to find something to love in anything I ever had a passing interest in, but its getting harder to muster.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I'm not condescending to you at all here, but I really wish I still had that in me. I don't know if it's age or what but I seem to have lost patience for things that are just "ok". I used to be able to find something to love in anything I ever had a passing interest in, but its getting harder to muster.
    I'm the same way these days. I don't even really play that many games anymore because I can't find anything that really interests me about the games out now. That, and the genre of games I'm willing to even give a second look at has always been few and far between so that definitely doesn't help. I think it must be a mixture of just too much exposure to games or growing up and my tastes changing. My cynical self-righteous side wants to say it's a decline in quality but I have a hard time accepting that without feeling that it may be me.

Now, all that said - I have very little interest in SL at all. Mainly due to some features I thought the game was heading towards acquiring are nowhere in sight. (New Class, Faction limitations removed or merged entirely((I know, sue me!)), Sylvanas slapped off the top of Icecrown Citadel)
    Last edited by Godric; 2020-03-25 at 10:56 PM.
    Mighty one, never forget.

We'll I was incredibly excited for the expansion, and I still think the themes and what was shown is right up my alley in every way. It's just that it's been so long without any news or small little crumbs of info ... that I can't get myself to feel very much excited at the moment. But once alpha begins and we get stuff to look at and read about, it'll go back to 10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I dont bother to much. It's still a game.
    I play this game since start and have seen it all.
    Don't know your age but i'm 33.
    The key to solve your problems is to play other games beside wow.