Poll: How many alts?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i selected 0, i have already leveled them

I will renew my account for this month -solely- to lvl, slowly, three classes that i have somewhere between 100 to 110 lvl.

The first one, would be a survival hunter, which i adored it's play-style the short period that i played it in Legion.

The second one, would be my paladin that i have not touched since MoP.

The third one, would be my mage that i am slowly lvling since bc ^^.

If i have time to lvl a fourth one, that would be my rogue that is somewhere around 90 lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by rylaidarksorrow View Post
    Curious to see whether or not people are planning on levelling alts or waiting till shadowlands with the level revamp. Personally, I'm planning to level four of my non-allied race chars (if I manage to get that far). Maybe level 1 or 2 allied races in shadowlands. Is anyone else planning on doing something similar?

already leveled a bunch during anniversary event with koraks revenge.

this is enough leveling for next months untill shadowlands

Only had 1 left to level. I have considered making some DKs and power leveling them for the racial armors, but I doubt it. Seeing how I have 3 or 4 that I have unlocked but haven't done the quests for.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    First of all 100% exp is lie. It doesn't state "for killing mobs", so it should be +100% to ALL exp. But for me it's 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl before - 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl after. No difference at all.

Second thing - what do you need this alts for? BFA is the most alt-unfriendly xpack in Wow's history. Do you level them to collect dust in their slots? And, I guess, SL won't be any better.
    No true anymore. You won't get the essence "shoved up your b***", but it still ridiculously easy now to bring a twink up to your main. two weeks and you are maxed.

Zero, my account is frozen atm. Even if I was playing I don't see a reason for it right now, since Shadowlands will overhaul the system into something more agreeable anyway.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one. Probably none.

I wanted to level a bunch by spamming dungeons, but it's too much a hassle. I keep getting players who are either new (No offense to them ,it's just annoying) Semi AFKS, or people who are just plain trolling. So I kinda quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Put one, but realised I’m levelling two. My Mechagnome for the last allied race heritage armor I need (Outside of Vulpera who I refuse to even recruit), but I’ve been levelling them besides a Void Elf Warrior on my raf account. Initially for party sync, but I started doing quests on both. Now the Mechagnome DK is 116 and the Void Elf is 77.

The only other characters on my account I could level after this are my Dwarf priest and my Troll Druid who’re both around the 60 mark and have been gathering dust for years, levelling entirely off of the anniversary quiz quests and a bit of the legion invasion event.

I have an idea to level both the Dwarf Priest and Void Elf warrior slowly using party sync to do some stuff daily. I might do that. Requires less focus and devotion. So I guess I’m levelling three.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    No true anymore. You won't get the essence "shoved up your b***", but it still ridiculously easy now to bring a twink up to your main. two weeks and you are maxed.
    Only took them a year and a half to get the expansion into a decent state. Would be nice if they'd just act on feedback and get there by launch next time, 2 expansions in a row with awful first halves is more than enough.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Leveled my DK now, Vulpera until 110 for the heritage, then changed it to Void Elf. Going to be my main in Shadowlands if they don't mess up the class with the changes then.

Next will be a Zandalari Druid for Heritage then Highmountain Warrior or Paladin for Heritage. Not sure if it's gonna be both, but the Zandalari at least.

Zero. Essence have to be really account-wide or I won't stay away until Shadowlands!

Think I might push a Shaman to Max just in case Restoration will be viable and fun again in Shadowlands.

But I fear they only "fix" Speccs totally relying on Azerithe Traits like Holy Paladin q.q
    Last edited by skynet1990; 2020-03-24 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typo

Have every class at 120 for a few months now, because I'm a loser. So zero. Well, maybe I could make an alliance toon, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Only took them a year and a half to get the expansion into a decent state. Would be nice if they'd just act on feedback and get there by launch next time, 2 expansions in a row with awful first halves is more than enough.
    Agreed. While i think other than essences locked for twinks, playing twinks was ok the whole addon. AP was... quite passive. You did not really have to do anything extra and having to do something on your twink is also ok. I don't want a game where you have basically hero templates with no progression. Which is what some people want for some reason.

But as a whole, i still had fun this addon. Way more than in... say cata or even Legion tbh. Also this is the first addon where i have no long pause in the middle, since.. i think BC.

Quote Originally Posted by rylaidarksorrow View Post
    How many alts do you plan on levelling during 100% exp. month?
    None. Because there's no time available to play them at max level. I barely have enough time to play one alt and try to maintain my main.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them. All my pending 110 characters. All the allied races for their sets. Everything. I'm probably going to have more time on my hands than I ever wanted, and I plan to take full advantage of this buff until I can't stomach it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

0, but I would like to find time to level a shaman ally race....I have all classes at 120 already since 8.2.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I got my pally done
    DH is next he’s 110
    Saving rest for SL

As for everyone whining “but whyyyyyy”

It’s because I like the game and I like the idea of generating more gold

6k a week just from assaults
    Currently at 7 (soon 8)
    42k a week
    I have each champion equipped with a material equipment
    My mage makes no less than 20k a week from pots and flasks
    I run islands on 3 toons so I get gold from the mog and pets

I want long boi

Well I already have 31 level 120, right now I am leveling the remaining alliance allied races that I am missing (using specs I hardly play).

Obviously never planning to play them in endgame (unlike in Legion where i literally played every class for the mage tower currently in Bfa I just have 4 chars I play max level) it's about having them, so if I wanted to switch from my blood elf mage to a nightborn mage for next xpac I have that opportunity then.

And an army of alts comes in handy when you still miss a world event mount, for making gold via pet battles (easy gold to level someones pet when you can simply buy max level upgrades from a world quest that's right next to the hub) or if a garrison/order hall follower system (that's worth the effort unlike in BFA) should return, or some speciallized freak cases like the BoA rep tokens in Legion where doing a single WQ with 24 alts was worth weeks of effort for a single char.

But since we don't know how the system works in Shadowlands or how easy (or hard) it is going to be to level then, I'd say just do what you like. And I like leveling.