Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I promise all AH players say "I have 6666 gold instead of 6666 inventory value", sure ahah
    only those who wants to mislead others do so, because we all know that's not the same thing at all
    Well, yeah. Judging from the 'top dogs' on the discord, that's how we do it. We dont sit on several million gold in liquid, but we still say we got several million gold.

Then sometimes we liquify it all, to boost our ego and look at a couple of gold caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Well, yeah. Judging from the 'top dogs' on the discord, that's how we do it. We dont sit on several million gold in liquid, but we still say we got several million gold.

Then sometimes we liquify it all, to boost our ego and look at a couple of gold caps.
    well like I said it's very misleading, it's also very easy to explain to a normal player the truth that the announced gold is just in fact the gold that the player hopes to have once he manages to sell. in practice you will always have an inventory if you want more gold, and you will just invest more and more and always have more gold as a result, to invest always more, as well as a more and more valuable stock, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Apparently not... same thing happened to at least 2 or 3 people I knew.

The only way to make money was dungeons - but that was a lost cause getting into a dungeon.

Anyway - I'm just answering the OP's question, nothing more nothing less - not sure why there is this grilling just for sharing my experience.
    Probably because it's a complete lie that you're making up just to try and bad mouth Classic, as per

I never understood why people from retail feels so bad about classic bringing in millions of players and is a success... Like. Be happy the game is gold and that we will see more wow in the future, both expansions and classic servers.

800g from some farmer friends

I have 60g luckily my threath is to high for our tanks so i cant pop dos consumables muhahahaha

Raw Gold about 1.4k, i keep most of it in Black Lotuses, Arcanite Bars and some herbs. Overall i'd say close to 7k. Pretty nice to play on medium pop Servers and be able to farm Lotuses constantly.

Gold? Seriously speaking, I have a lot.

I got EXTREMELY lucky finding a trustworthy shop(not an ad), and when I need gold I will buy it... Don't tell me that it's against the game rule, I think many people know it and still do it. Why? We hate farming gold. I need quick money in-game. It's super worthwhile to spend a few bucks. And thanks for asking, my game account is fine.
    Last edited by SimithDAEN; 2022-09-27 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On classic atm around 700g on retail around 500000g (sold corrupted item for around 250000 rofl)

Quote Originally Posted by SimithDAEN View Post

I got EXTREMELY lucky finding a trustworthy shop(not an ad), and when I need gold I will buy it... Don't tell me that it's against the game rule, I think many people know it and still do it. Why? We hate farming gold. I need quick money in-game. It's super worthwhile to spend a few bucks. And thanks for asking, my game account is fine.
    Yeah im pretty sure most everyone knows why people buy gold. Its quicker/easier/more efficient(for some).

Still doesn't change the fact that it is against ToS and generally toxic for the overall economy.

Then again GL fucking up the classic economy more than it already is.

I won the weekly guild lottery 3 weeks ago, made 1.3k gold, still sitting on 1.2k of it :P Including all the enchanting mats I have in my bank as an Enchanter, and a stack of Righteous Orbs, I'm at around 2.5k.

I'm level 28 and I got 80g.
    Guess i'm rich

2k gold raw, and another 2.5k in flasks prepped for AQ
    gold has very little meaning in classic when you can earn 200g per hour in sm, boosting as a mage x)

Quote Originally Posted by SimithDAEN View Post

Extremely lucky finding a trustworthy shop? Like, there is a bunch of those. And a bunch of people selling personally.

A lot of people buy gold, and sell. I got both kinds in my guild. Personally I wouldn't do it, because gold doesn't really hold any value in Classic. Sure you'd need like 10k+ if you're playing warrior, but other than that it really isn't needed.

----

I haven't farmed at all, just played the game. And I sit on 2k or so, with 2k ish in values in my bank (early investments that have just kept on rising through Classic).\, got my epic mount, so only expense in the game is a set of consumes needed for 30 minutes of BWL speed running.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2020-07-01 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

had 780g on level 60 when i stopped playing a while ago.
    after epic mount that is
    on retail not much better, 70k alliance 30k horde
    I used to grind gold in MOP and WOD, had 10 million and sold it, then sold the account
    Now i just play the game and care to have enough gold for prepots, flasks etc. Nothing else is required
    Grinding gold is boring. In MOP it was alch shuffle, in WOD garrison logging every day, on Classic is farming specific spots and sniping AH with TSM
    Whatever method you use, it's boring :/