Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bit to early to call it the worst drought, the worst I've seen were both MoP and WoD.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    "I dont like it so it doesnt count"
    Yes, basically.

WoW always has content if we count everything regardless of quality or novelty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    If you've been playing since WoW Beta, you have been through worse content droughts, unless you actively didn't play the game during those droughts. 'Classic' had pretty bad droughts because there simply wasn't anything else to do at the time, especially if you didn't raid.

The worst, though, was during SoO of Pandaria.

So I really can't figure out why you feel this has been the worst content drought when there is so much to do and the raid's only been out 3 months. Sounds like you're getting tired of the game and need to give it a break.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I have been playing WoW since closed Beta. Usually when an expansion ends, there is a content drought. Thats normal and expected.
    When that happens I usually mostly play other games or do some small stuff that I wanted to finish in the current expansion and go back to only raid logging. This is usually the case for me for the last 3 or 4 months of an expansion.
    But this time... it has already started like two or three weeks ago. Because of the lock downs I can not really leave the house, so I have a lot of time to play and the last week I thought "Ok, what cool stuff do I want to finish before the next expansion starts?"
    And then it clicked - there is nothing in BfA that is of any interest to me. So instead I started to play LEGION content to work on missing artifact appearances that I was missing. I will do that a bit more, but then... there will be nothing left except raid logging until we kill NZoth mythic.
    There is one Vision each week of course but its just the same grind every time. Yeah its my personal problem that I do not like to do it, but come one, are we really supposed to do one vision for the next 7-12 months?

I don't know, I just never fell into this hole this early in an expansion and it feels really, really bad to have this much free time but being not able to do anything ingame because everything ingame is old and there is not even something we can wait for.
    You're right because it's you. Here's a counter story.
    Normally I max level all of my alts at the end of an expansion for the sake of keeping them caught up and then sit on my hands, raid log, etc. I LOVED progressing on HVs on my main, and was already inspired to work on ALL of my alts just for the sake of challenging myself to complete a 5 chest with all these characters I have almost no clue how to play. I'm playing alts semi-seriously for the first time in over ten years. The essence changes trivialize a bit of the challenge but it's at least got me on a more brisk pace.
    The point is that we all take the end of expansion differently. For me it's revitalized my interest in other classes that frankly, Legion failed to do.

Talk about selective memory at work.

thats called burnout

take a year or 2 break and you will have plenty of stuff to do.

playing wow non stop with serius/semi serious approach is just unhealthy
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-03-27 at 04:35 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Glad you wrote the word fun as you did: "fun".

What "fun" did you ever had in WoW, so we can kinda understand what you are missing these days...since ...as in a later comment...you also question the quality and novelty. I mean..if novelty is a factor...than raiding as a novelty must have gone out of the window with BWL...latest with TBC.....as did pretty much everything that was introduced in Vanilla.

And everything that was introduced as a "novelty", be it pet battles, different difficulties, technically unending mythic+ etc has been shat upon over the years or...like you say in your later post doesn't count because a "pitifully small amount of ppl do it".

Yeah...I always wonder what used to be "fun" for you peeps who now find nothing "fun"
    Oh I'm having fun all the time I login, which is why I still play. Lasts 4'ish months I think.

But for some players the fun does stop until they get new content that they find fun. Until then, they are in this magical drought. They totally could raid Ny'alotha, do M+ or even PvP until Shadowlands, and for some that is considered content, but for others it simply isn't. I guess it stops being fun when the novelty ends and it becomes repetitive - most people can only play so much of the same game. Like a book.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    if you think this is worse than 18 months of Siege, you are crazy.
    ...18 months? SoO released September '13. WoD launched November '14. (And the prepatch was in October.) It was effectively 13 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Surely this is worse than 18 months of siege of orgrimmar.
    Is this a meme? Did I just get whooshed?

We have become pretty good at feeling like something is the worse it has ever been over the centuries, because we figured out that no one listens to us when we declare something to be the second worst it has ever been or, even worse, just a bit worse than usual.
    So yeah. It probably does feel the worst it has ever been. It's not though.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

We JUST had a major patch two months ago. We aren't even into the content drought yet.

You're simply projecting, and seeing what you want to see. Which gives you a reason to complain, which is what you're after.

There is so much to do in WoW currently, that unless you play 5-6 hours a day every day for the past year, you more than likely still have a ton of stuff to do. Mythic raids, M+, PvP, old raids, transmog, pet battle ( lol ), leveling an alt, I could go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...18 months? SoO released September '13. WoD launched November '14. (And the prepatch was in October.) It was effectively 13 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a meme? Did I just get whooshed?
    Everytime someone mentions SoO drought, it gets longer.

(I personally just remembered it wrong, so that was my bad)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Everytime someone mentions SoO drought, it gets longer.

(I personally just remembered it wrong, so that was my bad)
    It was 24 months, wasn't it?

LOL you best be to be joking son.

SoO content draught was so bad my guild, which we cleared heroic SoO in 3-4 months (mythic did not exist), fell apart. People stopped playing because there was literally nothing to do. 70% of players left WoW for good because of that. Everyone got a mount, those who wanted challenge mode rewards already did it, and 7-8 months was really painful.

Funny thing is, maybe 30-40% players in my guild is capable of clearing Horrific visions on 5 masks.

People who remember Wrath and Cata droughts:

SoO drought didn't really bother a lot of people too much in comparison I think. Timeless Isle was a pretty solid playground with long replayability and I remember people doing a lot of Garrosh runs on their alts for the heirlooms.

Wrath and Cata had literally nothing.

Meanwhile 8.3 just came out. You could argue the quality of the content sucks, sure. But that's not a drought my dude.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2020-03-27 at 05:00 PM.

OP probably hasn't even completed a M+ over a 9 but hes bored lol

Is it me or everyone says that at the end of every expansion lol. Sure, they should have learned by now.. but i guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    It was 24 months, wasn't it?
    Yes, there was a gap of 4 years between SoO and WOD.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

so you're saying that this is the worst content drought ever because outside of raids you only have the visions to do yeah? as opposed to the even longer content droughts of Wrath, Cata, MoP and WoD which literally had nothing aside of raids to do.......

Yes, there was a gap of 4 years between SoO and WOD.
    What? 24 months is 2 years.