Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Do You Think You Would Be a Good Streamer?

I’m curious about how gamers feel about this.

Personally speaking, from a viewer standpoint, I don’t care to watch people doing arena at all. Maybe it’s because too many people do it, maybe it’s because I didn’t enjoy the content. So regardless of how many people watch it, I won’t. I’d also be a horrible streamer at it because I’d do my 10 wins and done with 2 DPS on 2’s and complain the whole time I was doing it that I hate arena.

While it’s fun to watch a world first race, or part of it not all 250 pulls, once it’s done, it’s done. Since I was never good enough or patient enough to be in a guild even close to that level I could never stream it.

Classic battlegrounds has been fun to watch. I don’t know if it’s because of the high number of BG’s I’ve done or just that retail players don’t stream random or rated battlegrounds much. I think I could actually do this and do it pretty well. Though my biggest problem is I don’t have 50+ hours a week to dedicate to raiding for gear, hitting rank 14 and doing battlegrounds to generate a following.

Leveling can be fun to watch and when’s the last time you saw someone stream dungeon runs through TBC, Cata or MOP? I’m sure alcoholics would be interesting to watch and be able to generate a following.

So, where if anywhere do you think what you enjoy doing would be fun to watch and do you think you would be good at it?
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Absolutely not. I prefer to talk to myself, not people watching me

10+ Year Old Account
    Heavens no. I have the unbridled charisma of a burrito that was left out in the sun too long.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Nope, I do not whine and complain enough or make up opinions to match what is cool at that point in time.

No, my room is my sanctuary and even if I had the charisma or interest in it, which I don't, my "I don't give a fuck, so let me reach on down and randomly scratch my balls" attitude and my affinity for 4 letter words wouldn't make for a very enjoyable experience for any would be viewers.

I certainly would. Because I'm childish and scream words randomly. Plenty of people who watch streams like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Nope, I do not whine and complain enough or make up opinions to match what is cool at that point in time.
    Always someone with a bitter snarky comment to let everyone know they don't like something others do.

To OP, naaah. I think I can be a funny person and some decent charisma, but streaming requires a level of effort and devotion and I just don't have whereas I have a particular mindset of applying myself to different tasks and hobbies. Moreso, I wouldn't want to turn video gaming into a job, I like it as a form of personal entertainment.

I think so, but I wouldn't be a good Streamer if you compare to screechers that "entertain" by behaving like absolute idiots, causing drama and just being generally obnoxious.

I'd probably be a streamer focused on connecting with people, streaming RL stuff etc. A variety streamer I suppose.

Maybe? The problem is that I don't like to be "on" all the time. Like, I'm either focused solely on what I'm playing or I'm half zoned out alt-tabbing to look at random stuff on the internet. I think if I were to do it long-term that I could find a balance, but I don't know if it could ever get to the point where I'm streaming for a living.

If I were to be a streamer I'd have no idea what to stream. I don't do much endgame content in WoW and I don't collect anything at the moment, and leveling alts would just be boring I imagine. Most streamers do what they are passionate about and I don't share that same passion with any game or anything else I can do on stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'worship streamers like gods and accept everything they say without question' part of streaming ruined it for me, so no, I don't think I would be a very good streamer. I would never want people to mindlessly prop my opinions up like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

That is for certain. I have both looks and charisma.

5+ Year Old Account
    No. I dislike my voice and I tend to draw breath in the middle of words. Being bullied in school can leave you with a few verbal tics. I would be better as a blogger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    No, my room is my sanctuary and even if I had the charisma or interest in it, which I don't, my "I don't give a fuck, so let me reach on down and randomly scratch my balls" attitude and my affinity for 4 letter words wouldn't make for a very enjoyable experience for any would be viewers.
    This description matches WoW's biggest streamer, Asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    This description matches WoW's biggest streamer, Asmongold.
    So I've heard, but I hate Asmongold so definitely don't want to emulate him.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Always someone with a bitter snarky comment to let everyone know they don't like something others do.

To OP, naaah. I think I can be a funny person and some decent charisma, but streaming requires a level of effort and devotion and I just don't have whereas I have a particular mindset of applying myself to different tasks and hobbies. Moreso, I wouldn't want to turn video gaming into a job, I like it as a form of personal entertainment.
    But he/she/it, isn't wrong.

The majority of the streamers I've came across for WoW, are basically petulant children. Preach included. Oh I cheated, let me cry and pretend I didn't know what I was doing. Oh god, Blizzard team, why didn't you listen to "MY" advice I gave you for this, now you're going to fail, etc.

I personally prefer youtube folks. Aztecross Gaming is my personal new favorite as I've gotten back into Destiny 2. No drama, just good solid opinions backed by facts.

I would be one of the most boring streamers ever. I don't talk a lot, only when it is necessary. And I don't talk much when playing and on top of that my voice is very monotone and emotionless. So there would be very little entertaiment. Majorty of people watch streamers not becasue of the games but because of their entertaining personality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I’m curious about how gamers feel about this.

Personally speaking, from a viewer standpoint, I don’t care to watch people doing arena at all. Maybe it’s because too many people do it, maybe it’s because I didn’t enjoy the content. So regardless of how many people watch it, I won’t. I’d also be a horrible streamer at it because I’d do my 10 wins and done with 2 DPS on 2’s and complain the whole time I was doing it that I hate arena.

While it’s fun to watch a world first race, or part of it not all 250 pulls, once it’s done, it’s done. Since I was never good enough or patient enough to be in a guild even close to that level I could never stream it.

Classic battlegrounds has been fun to watch. I don’t know if it’s because of the high number of BG’s I’ve done or just that retail players don’t stream random or rated battlegrounds much. I think I could actually do this and do it pretty well. Though my biggest problem is I don’t have 50+ hours a week to dedicate to raiding for gear, hitting rank 14 and doing battlegrounds to generate a following.

Leveling can be fun to watch and when’s the last time you saw someone stream dungeon runs through TBC, Cata or MOP? I’m sure alcoholics would be interesting to watch and be able to generate a following.

So, where if anywhere do you think what you enjoy doing would be fun to watch and do you think you would be good at it?
    I've given a lot of thought to streaming, especially if I get in the SL alpha; I'm 51 and I play about as slow you could imagine. Not actually on purpose, I just wind up daydreaming while leveling, or I get curious about something so I'll forsake efficiency to satisfy that curiosity. Based on what I know, I don't think I'd appeal to the average Twitch viewer, but I'm curious to see if I might be a niche view, and that my personality would be a bigger part of the experience than the actual gameplay.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

No because my guildies would hear me calling them pricks.

I am a natural entertainer, everything I do I have people engaged and laughing, or vice versa able to give educational/informative advice on a particular game/aspect.
    I was able to stream a long time before twitch introduced the easy affiliate system and managed to get 100 or so concurrent viewers when D3 came out, I used to have youtubers commentate over my old MW2/MW3 and Black Ops gameplay (150/200 kill gameplays).
    Commentated over a few myself for community channels and had great feedback.
    Only because of RL situations I didn't quit work and stream full time and on the same hand because of my current job I am unable to have a stream schedule ( day/night shift work ) so I just stay away from it sadly.