Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do people blast music

Why do people blast music (usually rap) on their speakers when they can just use headphones? Is it just another form of rebellion, blaring swear words? Do they want us to know what they’re listening to because it’s fashionable? Why not be considerate and stick to headphones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Why do people blast music (usually rap) on their speakers when they can just use headphones? Is it just another form of rebellion, blaring swear words? Do they want us to know what they’re listening to because it’s fashionable? Why not be considerate and stick to headphones?
    Sorry, cant hear my music over your really loud dog whistle.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Because they didn't pay for just the bottom half of that volume range!

Also, why do some people create a dozen threads they have no intention in participating in? Do they want us to know all their opinions on random stuff? Why not be considerate and post in some other threads, and space their own threads out a bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    They derive their self worth from attention from randos

10+ Year Old Account
    we have several irritating people who do that every damn fucking night. every night at midnight on cue one of our neighbors carshare buddies deposits one of my neighbors at his house blasting his car stereo at full volume and its obvious his audio equipment is all messed up from having done this every night for at least 5 years straight. and then there's this other guy who goes around our city blasting his stereo all around the city at full volume every night just because. it pisses me off because then my nieces get woken up and i have to deal with it. also the dogs in the area starting barking their heads off and don't stop for a full hour.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's mostly a teenager thing, blasting music on their phone while on the bus.

Being loud is cool, bruv.

Lack of proper parenting and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    That's mostly a teenager thing, blasting music on their phone while on the bus.

Being loud is cool, bruv.

Lack of proper parenting and all that stuff.
    When I listen to music do do my neighbors.

The same reason people don't rerack their weights at the gym, answer their phone at the movies, or they take up multiple seats on the subway by putting their legs up. They are just everyday assholes who were never taunt how to properly behave by their parents.

Are we talking about in public? Because in public I will always use my headphones...because that's a shared space. People that don't are just selfish assholes.

At home I will use my speakers...because that's my space. But even then I try to make sure that my volume doesn't reach levels where it would intrude on my neighbours space.

From someone that used to have 4k worth of EQ in the car....you could hear from a block away.....it was mostly for attention and showing off my ride!!!

I went for quality over quantity but I could boom it out whenever I wanted to show off
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

To hear it better?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to play music when I am doing stuff such as cleaning (after vacuming of course), cooking or whatever I am doing and having it louder just pumps me up. I don't know, it is fun and I don't have to strain my ears to hear it over the noises of what I am doing.

I don't like to wear headphones because I want to hear other noises clearly as well and they can also physicaly bother me when wearing them. To be honest I am tired of having headphones on as I wear them a lot when playing drums.

I like the volume equal or slightly louder than a speaking voice, I don't like the deafening wall of sound at home where I can't hear anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the bass drops, I get a delightful tingling in my nethers.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Louder music makes bigger vibrations. It literally feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Because they didn't pay for just the bottom half of that volume range!

Also, why do some people create a dozen threads they have no intention in participating in? Do they want us to know all their opinions on random stuff? Why not be considerate and post in some other threads, and space their own threads out a bit?
    It's so they can post their PvP videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they're assholes.
    Putin khuliyo

Usually for 2 reasons.

1) They want others to hear what they listen to. One's own tastes are the best and everyone else needs to know so, after all!
    2) They are inconsiderate or they do not realize just how loud it is to others.

For a summer we had a neighbour who every day would play "Euphoria" on repeat, LOUDLY, open balcony door, she even had the speakers outside for a while!!
    She was later evicted... Gee, I wonder why. And we didn't even live next door to her, she lived across from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ...they do not realize just how loud it is to others.
    In my experience, this happens a lot. Usually, because they assume everyone else sets the volume high and forget that the walls may be thin or that sound travels (who knew?!).
    What they don't realise, however, is that everyone else actually keeps the volume at reasonable levels.

My downstairs neighbour is one of them... Lord of the Rings marathons at 4 am at max volume for example.

It seems as often than not, when I'm at the park enjoying the scenery, there's always someone who is unable to appreciate the relative peace and insist everyone listens to his/her radio.

I have a pretty beefy system in my ride and I try to keep the windows up and only play while moving or on the freeway.