Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    News displayed : "we're working our ass to reduces the huge queues due to how many people log on Classic"
    Classic hater that has been shitposting the Classic forum for months, commenting this news : "Classic is dying"

I wouldn't be able to make this up.
    While I am glad that a handful of servers are live and well, so much in fact that there are queues, that doesn't help us that play on servers that are on the other end of the spectrum.

Just because you happen to play on a server booming with players doesn't mean that everyone is. Try seeing things from someone elses perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    dead servers everywhere... Just like the post you quoted says...
    "Dead servers everywhere"

Of the 23 EU PVP servers only 2 are "low population". This is 2 months since the last content launch.

It blows my mind the bitterness and inability of some people to accept Classic's success, it has a strong vibrant community and the biggest servers are still facing queues, yet somehow people are still trying to delude themselves into thinking it's some dying failure.

It's ok to just admit you were wrong or change your mind on something, it takes a stronger person to admit that than one who just pretends they're always right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    dead servers everywhere... Just like the post you quoted says...
    I thought Classic was "very" popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    serious, i really dont care what others think about who i ignore or whatever the shit you are talking. i just dont wanna read your boring idiot posts anymore. thats all.
    My posts are idiotic because I point out the obvious flaw in your super exciting, needlessly cynical and completely unoriginal hot take that "some people will be disappointed with SL."

Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I thought Classic was "very" popular.
    I've mostly seen them claim that it carries Retail despite that being numerically impossible.

But alas, it is no doubt popular, kinda figures since it's still seeing updates. Let's see where it's at 1 year beyond Naxx and once TBC (hype!) launches.

Huh, you're delusional aren't you?

You make it look like a huuuge overhaul is needed and it will take Blizz serious months to implement the changes.

THIS IS WHY YOU ARE WRONG, because this assumption IS NOT TRUE.

It's a freakin matter of a NUMBER to change the max Titanforging number, for example. To tinker with %drop chances. To make essences account-wide (it should be in the first place, we're not in 2003 anymore when Everquest was the top MMO and it took a solid 2-3 months to get to max level alone, we have ALTS now).
    Etc-etc.

It's all a matter of WILL nothing more. Don't be apologectic - you show the classic symptoms of "domestic abuse" - "oh he didn't mean to hurt me, it just happend!", "oh Im sure he wont do it again!"
    A few thousand posts from you will be "it was all my fault WoW is so shitty because I didn't pay for ALL their store transmogs!"

Seriously consider to change your viewpoint. You are aggressive and delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I've mostly seen them claim that it carries Retail despite that being numerically impossible.

But alas, it is no doubt popular, kinda figures since it's still seeing updates. Let's see where it's at 1 year beyond Naxx and once TBC (hype!) launches.
    Same, I hope Classic does well and do hope they release TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    "Dead servers everywhere"

Of the 23 EU PVP servers only 2 are "low population". This is 2 months since the last content launch.

It blows my mind the bitterness and inability of some people to accept Classic's success, it has a strong vibrant community and the biggest servers are still facing queues, yet somehow people are still trying to delude themselves into thinking it's some dying failure.

It's ok to just admit you were wrong or change your mind on something, it takes a stronger person to admit that than one who just pretends they're always right.
    this is just now during the pandemic and everyone is home. Merely 3 weeks ago there was 1 full Eu server and 2 NA. a couple of high pop and rest rather frikking dead. Give it some time and its back to being rather dead.

The main issue here is that this strong vibrant community are being rather cunts about it, Keep telling everyone how successfull classic is and how dead retail is etc, When infact retail has a shitload more full populated servers and probably 80% more players. Thats whats grinding most peoples gears

Last time someone said this claim there was 3 full classic servers in Na and EU and over 25 full servers in eu alone for retail. But then there was a lot of bullshit coming from the classic players on how the retail numbers wherent accurate and they started giving links third party sites for classic etc. When infact the server status came straight from blizzard themselves. Won't be more accurate than that

Got a single fact to back that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Got a single fact to back that up?
    You can do the math yourself.

Count the amount of servers for each version (I didn't even count US or China Retail servers with the numbers in my sig), then realize that Classic servers can hold fewer players than a Retail server. As such, Classic carrying retail is numerically impossible. And that's before counting shit like monetary models for the 2 versions.

As for it still being popular, I'm guessing. As for TBC coming out, I'm hopeful but ain't got facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Huh, you're delusional aren't you?

You make it look like a huuuge overhaul is needed and it will take Blizz serious months to implement the changes.

THIS IS WHY YOU ARE WRONG, because this assumption IS NOT TRUE.

It's a freakin matter of a NUMBER to change the max Titanforging number, for example. To tinker with %drop chances. To make essences account-wide (it should be in the first place, we're not in 2003 anymore when Everquest was the top MMO and it took a solid 2-3 months to get to max level alone, we have ALTS now).
    Etc-etc.

It's all a matter of WILL nothing more. Don't be apologectic - you show the classic symptoms of "domestic abuse" - "oh he didn't mean to hurt me, it just happend!", "oh Im sure he wont do it again!"
    A few thousand posts from you will be "it was all my fault WoW is so shitty because I didn't pay for ALL their store transmogs!"

Seriously consider to change your viewpoint. You are aggressive and delusional.
    Imagine seriously comparing a fucking video game developer to domestic abuse.

What is wrong with you?

- - - Updated - - -

You can do the math yourself.

Count the amount of servers for each version (I didn't even count US or China Retail servers with the numbers in my sig), then realize that Classic servers can hold fewer players than a Retail server. As such, Classic carrying retail is numerically impossible. And that's before counting shit like monetary models for the 2 versions.

As for it still being popular, I'm guessing. As for TBC coming out, I'm hopeful but ain't got facts.
    Conspiracy time: Since the C-19 epidemic is in full swing and older folks are generally the ones most at-risk, Classic's target demographic is disproportionately being represented at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    this is just now during the pandemic and everyone is home. Merely 3 weeks ago there was 1 full Eu server and 2 NA.
    That's just a straight, blank-faced, complete lie. The "high" pop servers have never been less than at least half of all the EU servers. This is just Trump level of fake news.

Edit : it's true actually, because you were talking about "full" and I answered about "high". My point still stands, even before the pandemic most servers were still overpopulated already.
    The main issue here is that this strong vibrant community are being rather cunts about it, Keep telling everyone how successfull classic is and how dead retail is etc,
    Actually that's the complete opposite. The main issue is people like you or Queen of Hamsters, who hate Classic for some weird reason and have nothing else to do with your life than trying to convince everyone it's "ded". Even though we're now 8 months in and it's still alive and kicking.
    Get over it, grow up and leave us alone.
    then realize that Classic servers can hold fewer players than a Retail server.
    Actually, it's the opposite, Classic servers are bigger than retail ones.
    Not that I'm saying there is more players on Classic than retails (I don't think so), but you should just get a clue about what you're talking.
    I mean, if your mindless hatred of Classic leave some room for something else.
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-04-05 at 04:26 PM.

Actually, it's the opposite, Classic servers are bigger than retail ones.
    Not that I'm saying there is more players on Classic than retails (I don't think so), but you should just get a clue about what you're talking.
    I mean, if your mindless hatred of Classic leave some room for something else.
    We don't know how big Classic realms are when compared to their retail counterpart so while it's not exactly accurate to say that Classic servers have fewer players, it's also not accurate to say the opposite.

Also, can you stop accusing anybody who shares a moderately pragmatic view of Classic of "mindless hatred"? You've been doing this since before Classic launched. It's getting a bit old.

this is just now during the pandemic and everyone is home. Merely 3 weeks ago there was 1 full Eu server and 2 NA. a couple of high pop and rest rather frikking dead. Give it some time and its back to being rather dead.

The main issue here is that this strong vibrant community are being rather cunts about it, Keep telling everyone how successfull classic is and how dead retail is etc, When infact retail has a shitload more full populated servers and probably 80% more players. Thats whats grinding most peoples gears

Last time someone said this claim there was 3 full classic servers in Na and EU and over 25 full servers in eu alone for retail. But then there was a lot of bullshit coming from the classic players on how the retail numbers wherent accurate and they started giving links third party sites for classic etc. When infact the server status came straight from blizzard themselves. Won't be more accurate than that
    This is a lie. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    We don't know how big Classic realms are when compared to their retail counterpart so while it's not exactly accurate to say that Classic servers have fewer players, it's also not accurate to say the opposite.

Also, can you stop accusing anybody who shares a moderately pragmatic view of Classic of "mindless hatred"? You've been doing this since before Classic launched. It's getting a bit old.
    Actually, we do know. It was covered by Blizzard. Classic servers would not hold as many players as Live ones can to preserve the authenticity.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-04-05 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    there we go, found the apologist, if ALPHA ISN'T THE TIME to listen to the feedback, when is?
    Here's a hint: saying "Blizzard, remove this." is not useful feedback or criticism. Because Blizzard won't remove a system they spent several months (at least) working on since they have nothing to replace it with in such a short notice.

They can, and will (because they have) make tweaks, but they won't "scrap and reinvent" a feature because simply there isn't time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    We do know that retail servers are grouped to be able to sustain a viable population, while Classic servers aren't and tend to be overpopulated. Kinda give a pretty big hint, even if it's not a definite proof.
    Ah yeah, the exact same people who spewed their bile against any idea that Classic should ever exist in the Nostalrius megathread and went on to come into the Classic forum to spew their bile for month before it was even released and since then have continued to spew the same bile claiming "Classic is ded". These are shining example of "moderately pragmatic" ?

I mean, the guy you're defending literally has links trying to mock Classic in his signature. But hey, you're always trying to pretend you're a voice of reason, it's not like facts will dispel your delusions now if they haven't managed it for years
    Actually, we do know. It was covered by Blizzard. Classic servers would not hold as many players as Live ones can to preserve the authenticity.
    Actually what Blizzard did say is that Classic servers have a vastly higher population than during Vanilla. Yet again, you prove you have absolutely no idea about what you're talking, to the surprise of no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Solero View Post
    This is a lie. Pathetic.
    you can litteraly check my post history and see that some weeks ago i posted the link to the official wow realm status and said how many servers there were. Its not edited and i posted the the numbers that was active at that time, would i have said it was 1 full eu servers and given the link to the official wow realm list if it was infact more full servers in the link i gave ? no, i wouldn't. So its not a lie. You claiming otherwise is the lie

here is the link to one of the posts for good measure: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post52100660

Also, to the people who claim classic has less or more players per server than retail.. Its the fucking same, its the same server tech on the same server parks -.-
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2020-04-05 at 03:33 PM.

you can litteraly check my post history and see that some weeks ago i posted the link to the official wow realm status and said how many servers there were. Its not edited and i posted the the numbers that was active at that time, would i have said it was 1 full eu servers and given the link to the official wow realm list if it was infact more full servers in the link i gave ? no, i wouldn't. So its not a lie. You claiming otherwise is the lie

here is the link to one of the posts for good measure: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post52100660
    Ah, yes, sorry for this one. I misread you talking about HIGH pop servers instead of FULL.
    Your argument is still bullshit because the majority of servers are still "high pop" (with a "normal" pop already being much larger than a "full" server during Vanilla cf Blizzard themselves) so to eschew them and only speak about "full" is being purposely dishonest, but nevertheless I was wrong about your factual claim.

Ah, yes, sorry for this one. I misread you talking about HIGH pop servers instead of FULL.
    Your argument is still bullshit because the majority of servers are still "high pop" (with a "normal" pop already being much larger than a "full" server during Vanilla cf Blizzard themselves) so to eschew them and only speak about "full" is being purposely dishonest, but nevertheless I was wrong about your factual claim.
    I was speaking about full servers in comparison tho. I never said only full servers mattered and classic is dead because they only have a few full and all the other servers are irrelevant. But when classic came out, almost all the servers were full, and then it went down to 1 full (In EU). And i claimed that its higher again now because of the pandemic, but thats a trend you can see in everything. Steam, retail wow, discord. Netflix and Youtube even had to lower the quality of the vids because too many people were home watching, so it almost killed the internet in Europe. Ofcourse that increase in people being home will also increase the numbers in classic wow (and retail)

The reason i put focus on full is because that was the easiest way to see that classic pop has been declining since release. All full servers down to 1 full server a few months ago, and im sure when the quarantine in more or less all of europe ends. It will go back to 1-2 full servers, 20 or so high and the rest medium low, which is considerably lower than 6 months earlier when everything was full. Its not dishonest, as adding the remaining servers wouldn't change the outcome

And for the people who claim classic is carrying retail. How so when classic (Eu, at the time of writing this) have 0 full, 27 high, 12 medium, 4 low. where retail has 25 full, 42 high, i stopped counting after 92 medium and it was atleast 2 full pages more of medium pop servers to go, and a shitload of low pop servers. Its just not happening. (Its more or less the same in NA)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/eu

The only thing i "lied" about in the comment i posted, was "Merely 3 weeks ago there was 1 full Eu", it was longer back than 3 weeks. More like 2 months, but that was a mistake from my part, not a lie. I have lost track of time just being home, doing nothing
    And i shouldn't have said "rather dead". Because it won't be dead when the quarantine is over. That was the wrong word to use. But it will be lower again.

Also, don't take this as me trying to shit on classic, im still playing classic myself (and retail which is still my main game). But im just getting tired of the people who keep screaming retail is dead and classic is carrying it, when that is obviously far from the truth. And as soon as someone trying to say this, they are immeditely labled "toxic" "classic hater" etc etc. For stating the truth.