DK/DH level squish

I was thinking about that a DK and DH will start at 8 during SL, but what happens if I create a DH (level 98) or DK (level 55) before the pre-patch would be live. Will they go down to 8 or be lvl-squished to a corresponding level, if it goes to 8, should I at least clear the opening scenario to leave it at level 100 or 58 respectively or it wont matter?. Have Blizzard commented on this? I just saw the announcement that DK/DH will go start at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    I was thinking about that a DK and DH will start at 8 during SL, but what happens if I create a DH (level 98) or DK (level 55) before the pre-patch would be live. Will they go down to 8 or be lvl-squished to a corresponding level, if it goes to 8, should I at least clear the opening scenario to leave it at level 100 or 58 respectively or it wont matter?. Have Blizzard commented on this? I just saw the announcement that DK/DH will go start at 8.
    It doesn't really matter. You will be able to go from 8 to 50 extremely quickly in the new levelling system, so don't worry about it too much

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    I don't see them going out of their way and putting extra effort so that DK characters specifically are squished differently, I would assume that your 55 DK will be lvl 22,9 even though everyone else in the zone will be 8

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I don't see them going out of their way and putting extra effort so that DK characters specifically are squished differently, I would assume that your 55 DK will be lvl 22,9 even though everyone else in the zone will be 8
    Yeah, have the same thought, I would be weird for a 98 DH to go back to 8, and a 98 whatever class to scale properly to the corresponding level.