Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The best way I've lost weight is by doing weights in the gym 3-4 times a week and sticking religiously to a lean, low carb, a protein-rich diet with the odd cheat day thrown in. Not a single minute of cardio needed. You can outrun a bad diet. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Edanbackman View Post
    The best way I've lost weight is by doing weights in the gym 3-4 times a week and sticking religiously to a lean, low carb, a protein-rich diet with the odd cheat day thrown in. Not a single minute of cardio needed. You can outrun a bad diet. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight.
    You can't outrun a bad diet, but I can see what you're saying. Eating a healthy diet will allow for less cardio, but it's all dependent on body composition.

So for example, I'm average strength wise. When I was at the gym regularly pre-pandemic, I was quite comfortable doing the below:-

1. Shoulder Presses 4x8 - 25kg dumbbells.
    2. Incline Bench Press 4x8 - 70kg including bar weight.
    3. Sumo Deadlift 4x8 - 100kg including bar weight.
    4. Pendlay Row 4x8 - 60kg including bar weight.
    5. Front Squat 4x8 - 60kg including bar weight.
    Used to do this 4x per week. However, if you asked me to go for a run or do any moderate to heavy conditioning workouts, I'd fall over.

So the real question is, does someone want to lose fat? Or do they want to build muscle? Or do they want to get fitter?

If they want a holistic regime, then some form of conditioning is essential. Weight lifting doesn't necessarily mean a strong cardio vascular system.

And when you then start wanting to achieve strong levels of fitness alongside strength building, a diet is essential for providing correct nutrients.

Living on a dirty eating diet for example, would make it significantly more difficult to achieve stretch goals, since it would just bog the body down.

Losing weight is all about getting into a routine, I spent a good amount of time getting into mine when I started. I've put the routine I followed to show the steps I took to get into the mindset of loosing weight, each step isn't a big one from one to the next and it makes it less of a shock to get started on your diet. You want to limit carbs, as your body will prefer to burn carbs to fat and will always burn carbs first and then fat if you have eaten any carbs. Protein is a good way of getting the required calories without having an energy source that will inhibit fat burning as much as carbs will.

Losing weight is all about thermodynamics. Calories in (how much you eat) vs calories out (how much you burn)

If the number is positive you gain weight, if its negative you lose weight.

that's a good question. I keep on a healthy eating and go to the gym. Want to get fit till summer vacation.
    Last edited by olvs; 2021-05-28 at 11:54 AM.

I love the type of training called TABATA so, 45 sec of high intensity of work 15 sec rest. You have from 3 to 4 circles with 6-7 exercises. 1 exercise 45 sec work and 15 sec rest and 2 exercise same, till the last one, that 1 min 15 sec rest and all again. It burns fat as hell. *snip* This type of training will help you reach it.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2021-05-28 at 04:23 PM.

Only a calorie deficit can help with that. and there are a lot of ways to burn them, some of them are even pleasant)

I agree, running helps a lot. Since I have arterial hypertension, I can only run in the jogging technique. But
    this technique is just as good as a normal fast run.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy mode: Drink water only, walk an hour every day, sleep 8 hours, sit up straight instead of laying down, dont snack/eat junkstuff.
    Keep that up and the weight will go away over time.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I've been starving myself for weeks now, eating only 1 meal a day, and I still have a belly.

I've had a similar problem in the past. If anyone is interested, here are some tips that helped me:
    1) More fish and vegetables, less meat and potatoes
    2) It is better to completely exclude sugar from the diet, or at least reduce it. I drank water with lemon and honey in the morning instead of coffee
    3) Don't eat anything after 6 p.m.
    4) No fast food, of course
    The most important thing is to choose some kind of sport that involves a lot of activity (football, tennis, basketball, weightlifting or just running - chess or bowling will not help here) and do it regularly at least a couple of times a week for a couple of hours. word - regularly, whatever your mood would be at that moment.

Burn more calories than you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Intermittent Fasting.

I did a 20/4 plan (fast for 20 hours, eat within a 4 hour window) and I easily dropped about 12 pounds without any exercising. I’m continuing a 16/8 plan because staying at home during COVID has made me put on weight much easier... and I do eat a lot more junk/comfort food because of it.

When I’m not doing intermittent fasting, I stay on a low carb diet, with Friday as a cheat day.
    This is just eating less with arbitrary rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lina1 View Post
    I love the type of training called TABATA so, 45 sec of high intensity of work 15 sec rest. You have from 3 to 4 circles with 6-7 exercises. 1 exercise 45 sec work and 15 sec rest and 2 exercise same, till the last one, that 1 min 15 sec rest and all again. It burns fat as hell. *snip* This type of training will help you reach it.
    This is just HIIT with arbitrary rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Burn more calories than you eat.
    This is it.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Weight loss is probably a perennial topic of discussion. Lol. I advise you to try 16/8 intermittent fasting. You will not feel hungry and can continue to eat your favorite food. Physical exercises are also required.

Depending on the person but for most cut down on suger and take a 30 min walk each day is enough.

Dont work for everyone but a good base to start with and then you just adjust it in diffrent ways , less fat more vegetables, or stop drinking soda, eating candy or the normal stuff like that.
    Last edited by Raven; 2021-11-11 at 02:18 PM.

It's really simple -

Calorie Deficit + Weight Training

Weight training will increase lean muscle mass, leading to a higher overall resting metabolic rate, and a calorie deficit will make you lose the weight.

It’s not. You eat your days worth of calories within a certain time window then don’t eat again that day.

That’s fasting.
    Do you now? Your stomach can hold all that food you eat in those 4 hours?

And you eat the same amount of calories, but you lose weight, compared to eating throughout the whole day? You're telling me that fasting breaks the rules of thermodynamics?

Intermittent fasting in easily in my top 5 tiktok fitness nonsense category.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Yes, I can eat a days worth of calories within 4 hours — I’ve been doing it for a few years now.

And I suggest you do some research on fasting for weight-loss, including the health benefits it can have. It’s not just some “TikTok” nonsense, it’s been around for a long time.

What do you think breakfast means? Break the fast
    Fasting is just another method in the grand scheme of things. Its simple calories in vs calories out = weight loss. Its simple science. People swear by fasting, by keto, by x or y, but at the end of the day , it doesnt matter what you do if you are at a calorie surplus.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Do you now? Your stomach can hold all that food you eat in those 4 hours?

And you eat the same amount of calories, but you lose weight, compared to eating throughout the whole day? You're telling me that fasting breaks the rules of thermodynamics?

Intermittent fasting in easily in my top 5 tiktok fitness nonsense category.
    IF has benefits, as much as any other kind of diet.

The real trick with IF is most people that are looking for a diet find it attractive because you don't actually diet too much (change eating habits). For some people they just don't have the time anymore to eat as much as they once did. Also because of time restraint people tend to inadvertantly give themselves better eating habits, ie timing the big meal for post workout, can't snack as much, avoid terrible breakfast foods, things like that.

IF isn't really a fad, its more of a way of tricking people into eating smarter, with the promise of not having to really revolutionize their diet.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Eat less, exercise more.
    /thread pretty much